Warning: Conquest mode, as you know it, is gone!

Comments

• B0ng0_Banger
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirTenko wrote: »
    If you go back and play Conquest EVEN in Bf2(ALL BATTLEFIELD GAMES HAVE THIS EXCEPT 1943) you can see the same problem. Isnt tickets,or bleed. Its the players being poor quality and the maps being designed around it. Still dont believe me?Look,

Unarguably Bad Company 2, best Battlefield game hands down. With Great Balance and map design/aesthetics and all its greatness for all its game modes,(Rush,STDM,TDM,Conquest.) THE WORST MAPS AtacamaDesert,HarvestDay and HeavyMetal were also the BIGGEST Same EXACT issues. Too many flags. Lots of camping. Lots of Back-Capping(Running around the edge of the map and capturing A while you capture D)

Sadly there is nothing you can do about it. The rest of Bad Company 2's maps were designed around RUSH so they were CHOKED/Funneled with TONS of No-Go-Zones to FORCE players to interact, But DICE hasnt done this since so This issue will lead to the death of conquest for those even still playing it. New players just dont play like we did back in Bf1942.

Lol bad company 2 the best battlefield? Good lord i needed something to make me chuckle at this boring open house im at.

by far. it's not even close.
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you go back and play Conquest EVEN in Bf2(ALL BATTLEFIELD GAMES HAVE THIS EXCEPT 1943) you can see the same problem. Isnt tickets,or bleed. Its the players being poor quality and the maps being designed around it. Still dont believe me?Look,

Unarguably Bad Company 2, best Battlefield game hands down. With Great Balance and map design/aesthetics and all its greatness for all its game modes,(Rush,STDM,TDM,Conquest.) THE WORST MAPS AtacamaDesert,HarvestDay and HeavyMetal were also the BIGGEST Same EXACT issues. Too many flags. Lots of camping. Lots of Back-Capping(Running around the edge of the map and capturing A while you capture D)

Sadly there is nothing you can do about it. The rest of Bad Company 2's maps were designed around RUSH so they were CHOKED/Funneled with TONS of No-Go-Zones to FORCE players to interact, But DICE hasnt done this since so This issue will lead to the death of conquest for those even still playing it. New players just dont play like we did back in Bf1942.

Lol bad company 2 the best battlefield? Good lord i needed something to make me chuckle at this boring open house im at.

by far. it's not even close.

While I liked bc and bc2, if they remade those with today's graphics and whatnot it would be complained about constantly.
    Do you remember bc2? How many threads would pop up saying "omg why cant I go prone"
  • trip1ex
    4690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    Ticket bleed, as explained by Niklas Åstrand, designer at DICE.

lol I'm not really following this chart.

The confusing part is the two scoring systems of BF1 and BFV are different afaik. I thought BFV is majority flags only bleed while BF1 was was bleed per flag you own.

Why would owning 2 flags in BFV result in a bleed?

Ok I went to Twitter and these are flags owned for 3 and 4 flag maps. They also show 5-7 flag maps.

Still why does owning 2 flags on a 4 flag map in BFV result in a bleed? That doesn't seem right. Same on a 6 flag map. According to this chart, both teams bleed tickets if each side owns 3 flags. Never knew that.
  • OLDSKOOL1908
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This infrantry only **** like bf 1 and bf5 is lame
    Lol what? BF1 and BF5 could no be any more different re. vehicles. Vehicle play in BF1 is awesome. Planes, tanks, even transports, all great. Accessible and fun. They even had horses as a vehicle class!

In BF5 vehicles are the least effective and least fun of any BF I can remember.

On wich map on bf1 you had 3 tanks on both sides?
  • disposalist
    8504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lol what? BF1 and BF5 could no be any more different re. vehicles. Vehicle play in BF1 is awesome. Planes, tanks, even transports, all great. Accessible and fun. They even had horses as a vehicle class!

Galicia. Volga River. Rupture. Soissons. Sinai Desert. Monte Grappa. Empires Edge. St Quentin Scar.

Maybe a couple of those were 2. Not 100% sure. Why? Is there a hard limit of 3 tanks to make a game 'good' for vehicle gameplay?
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Galicia. Volga River. Rupture. Soissons. Sinai Desert. Monte Grappa. Empires Edge. St Quentin Scar.

Maybe a couple of those were 2. Not 100% sure. Why? Is there a hard limit of 3 tanks to make a game 'good' for vehicle gameplay?

And let's not forget because of whining from the community the tank numbers on both Scar and Sossions just dropped. Both had 8 tanks
  • disposalist
    8504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

And let's not forget because of whining from the community the tank numbers on both Scar and Sossions just dropped. Both had 8 tanks
    Did they? When? WTF? Why? What? Which damned 'community'?
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Scar had 8 tanks during the alpha and Sossions got nerfed I think around November last year?
  • disposalist

Scar had 8 tanks during the alpha and Sossions got nerfed I think around November last year?
    I must have missed that. Don't remember them feeling like they had too many *shrug*
  • trip1ex
    4690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Soissons got tanks and planes taken away as did Rupture after their release. That was in a DLC where 4 of the 6 maps were infantry only as it was.

lol. Only Volga and Galicia have 3 tanks. Galicia is limited to arty trucks or the Politov or whatever it is called. Volga is landships and no planes. Galicia is played under map vote twice a year.
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I miss levolution.
    Imagine some of the buildings coming down in Rotterdam or even the railway.

Nothing was more exciting then the first time the skyscraper began to fall and u had to parachute down
  • OLDSKOOL1908
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Panserfaust buff just made it more infrantry only. Every tank is gone in 60 seconds.
  • echo-smoker93
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thank those infantry boys that BF alienated from COD fan-base.
  • disposalist
    Thank those infantry boys that BF alienated from COD fan-base.
    It's no surprise BF5 feels like a competitive-lite, hardcore-lite shooter. They are employing ex-pro- COD and R6 players to do design. Never mind the changing player base.
  • Agente_Silva
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    [/quote]

No thats why you bought the previous battlefield games. You can only speak for yourslef here. I definitely did not buy BF3 or 4 to play Goldmud Railway 24/7. There where many good combined arms maps in the Battlefield games so far like Caspian Border , which where large but still had enough cover so that you could move around as infantry without getting sniped from a few hundret meters away by a tank or sniper, form most points on the map. But the devs will have their own internal statistics about which maps got a lot of playtime and which did not. I think its not to far fetched to assume that they used those statistics to determine which map types to build for their next games. There is a difference between large maps with enough cover on it like caspian border and those large empty maps, which are only fun playing as vehicle. [/quote]

He´s speaking for a lot of Battlefield players that actually find it much more immersive playing maps like Rogue Transmission, Golmud, Altai Range, Operation Firestorm, Gulf of Oman, Paracel Storm, Operation Mortar, Hammerhead, Giants of Karelia, Operation Whiteout because that is what Battlefield is all about. People that come to Battlefield to play Lumphini Garden, Metro, Locker, Gulin Peaks is like people who want to play football using hands as well xD

You mention Caspian Border - let me guess: pew pew much between Delta and Charlie right? The size you mention here is one of BF3 signatures: Make maps look big but feel small by stacking flags.

Do you want to know wich statistics they use to build Battlefield nowadays? CoD´s statistics... they base their decisions in CoD gameplay and sales figures.

• RetroBitPixel
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Don't do drugs kids.
  • OptimaForma
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed. Game is dead. Returning and going for anno1800. Which is also **** pretty bad but i got drugs to supress the bad thoughts about the idiots calling the shots nowadays. All good
  • realMartiniHenry
    152 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

He´s speaking for a lot of Battlefield players that actually find it much more immersive playing maps like Rogue Transmission, Golmud, Altai Range, Operation Firestorm, Gulf of Oman, Paracel Storm, Operation Mortar, Hammerhead, Giants of Karelia, Operation Whiteout because that is what Battlefield is all about. People that come to Battlefield to play Lumphini Garden, Metro, Locker, Gulin Peaks is like people who want to play football using hands as well xD

The maps you named are good maps for tank and airplain players, but are not fun to play for most infantry players. Good luck finding 64 infantry player who want to play on Operation Firestorm or Goldmud Railway. You tank only player really need to learn that not everybody wants to play your completely empty maps with you. Most players in Battlefield play infantry. Sorry if you just simply do not understand that not 8 out of 8 maps in a Battlefield can be completely empty deserts or grasslands or nobody would buy the game. Even in Battlefield 3 and 4 maps like Firestorm or Goldmud where not in the majority.

You mention Caspian Border - let me guess: pew pew much between Delta and Charlie right? The size you mention here is one of BF3 signatures: Make maps look big but feel small by stacking flags.

I dont even know what you mean with that? Of cause i pew pew with infantry. Sorry if the infantry rifles cant shoot tank shells. I just think you overestimate and idealize how many people want to play those enourmous, but otherwise completely empty desert or grassland maps, because you like playing them yourself. Larger maps where you can have combined arms on is a trademark of battlefield. But large and completely empty maps without any cover are not really.

Do you want to know wich statistics they use to build Battlefield nowadays? CoD´s statistics... they base their decisions in CoD gameplay and sales figures.

The only point i agree on, is that they always make that mistake of adding a single player campain, just because COD has one, instead of using those resourches to finetune the multiplayer. The single player of battlefield is so bad and almost nobody asks for it. But for what people ask is a more polished multiplayer with more maps.

But saying that Battlefield 5 is like call of duty just because it has a fast running speed and throwing knives is just flat out braindead. The time to kill was also fast in BF3 and 4. The only game so far with a slow time to kill was BF1.
  • trip1ex

The maps you named are good maps for tank and airplain players, but are not fun to play for most infantry players. Good luck finding 64 infantry player who want to play on Operation Firestorm or Goldmud Railway. You tank only player really need to learn that not everybody wants to play your completely empty maps with you. Most players in Battlefield play infantry. Sorry if you just simply do not understand that not 8 out of 8 maps in a Battlefield can be completely empty deserts or grasslands or nobody would buy the game. Even in Battlefield 3 and 4 maps like Firestorm or Goldmud where not in the majority.
    Those are all fun maps as infantry. Goldmud has plenty of great places to play as infantry. The big village at the top of Goldmud contains at least 2 flags. Firestorm is littered with warehouses. How you can you not play as infantry on those maps? ARe players just that dumb? I play my share of vehicles but I still spend 50%+ of the time on the ground as infantry and always love playing those maps as infantry. I kill other infantry. I hunt vehicles.

Did you even play BF4? I only see BF1 under your name. I'm sensing you're a CoD or CS player and aren't used to playing alongside vehicles and 31 others while playing your role and not worrying that you can't kill a tank your gun or a plane with your knife or that your K/D is higher in CoD.
  • nicey1958
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

just had a blast on bc2 and bc2/vietnam. what a refreshing change from sniperfield 5. ty for reminding me on how good it is.