Warning: Conquest mode, as you know it, is gone!

1235»

Comments

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What a classic Forum post, all passion, no accuracy. People just like to rant, and if they can't find something to rant about they're happy to just make up something.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6731 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm. The fun for infantry map I discovered 2 years after I had quit playing BF4. Think I added another 20 hours to my total BF4 play time just on that map.
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm. The fun for infantry map I discovered 2 years after I had quit playing BF4. Think I added another 20 hours to my total BF4 play time just on that map.

Firestorm was a BF3 map and remaster for BF4. But I agree one of my faves. I also really likes Oman, Caspian Border got old quick
  • OldSkoolIce
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice lost it, bad company 3 needs to come fast. Bf5 will be dead in 6 months.

I'd like for DICE to make Bad Company 3 as well. But, we'll have to wait for it longer. As for BFV being "dead" in 6 months, I hear someone play that card everytime an BF game comes out (BFBC series, BF3, BF4, BF Hardline & BF1). But, players STILL play 6 months after it's release & BFV won't be any different.
  • JamieCurnock
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    finally made conquest enjoyable again. There's a lot less mass zerging and more people actually defend flags now.
  • disposalist
    8504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    finally made conquest enjoyable again. There's a lot less mass zerging and more people actually defend flags now.
    Defend flags? Nah. I'm seeing a lot of people camp just outside flags waiting for victims, but staying after a flag is taken to actually defend? Not that I'm seeing.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Defend flags? Nah. I'm seeing a lot of people camp just outside flags waiting for victims, but staying after a flag is taken to actually defend? Not that I'm seeing.

That is defending a flag. It's a smart move to cut off entry into the flag zone if you know the direction the enemy will be flooding in rather than sitting on the flag which people might expect.
  • disposalist
    8504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That is defending a flag. It's a smart move to cut off entry into the flag zone if you know the direction the enemy will be flooding in rather than sitting on the flag which people might expect.
    Except you see them camping outside those flags whether or not they are friendly or enemy and they don't move in to help defend or take those flags, they just camp and stat/score pad because camping is super profitable and being on objectives is super risky.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

This kind of "defending the flag" can also be done in vehicles as was done on Flood Zone in BF4 - rolling back and forth on the overpass farming kills without capping a single flag - you know, playing team deathmatch in a conquest game.
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Except you see them camping outside those flags whether or not they are friendly or enemy and they don't move in to help defend or take those flags, they just camp and stat/score pad because camping is super profitable and being on objectives is super risky.

That is the truth.....
  • JamieCurnock
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Really? Fair enough. My point is that in my experience more people defend flags than in bf1, that was the worst conquest experience in the franchose.

Concerning your point, if they have taken the flag already then what is wrong with waiting just outside the flag area? It's called positioning, taking a vantage point over the point your are protecting. If too many people get into the objective area you can quickly move back and take it. It's a completely legitimate tactic although I assume this is camping?

Do you want people to just stand at the base of the flag? Or just stand out in the open so advancing enemies can see them? That's just dumb and a really bad tactic.
  • off3nc3
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice lost it, bad company 3 needs to come fast. Bf5 will be dead in 6 months.

No it won't , just leave the forums and stop spamming with useless rants. Game will do just fine without you trolls.