Ammo and Medic Crates and Depots

SneakyGunman
384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
I've noticed that you now have to press "E" to get them. However, it appears that a lot of people don't know this.
-
I've attempted to place them in line of sight but I don't see people going to them. I see they stand by them a few feet away. I think folks might think they might be auto replenished standing near them. Which came from other versions of Battlefield.
-
I think it would benefit everyone if we could just auto reload on both ammo and health when next to crates (from the player) and cache depots (stationary) and without using "E" regardless if you are on foot on in a tank. That will make things less confusing and more intuitive.
--
If I recall correctly you get auto replenished when you down enemy players.
Post edited by SneakyGunman on

Comments

  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've noticed that you now have to press "E" to get them. However, it appears that a lot of people don't know this.
    -
    I've attempted to place them in line of sight but I don't see people going to them. I see they stand by them a few feet away. I think folks might think they might be auto replenished standing near them. Which came from other versions of Battlefield.
    -
    I think it would benefit everyone if we could just auto reload on both ammo and health when next to crates (from the player) and cache depots (stationary) and without using "E" regardless if you are on foot on in a tank. That will make things less confusing and more intuitive.
    --
    If I recall correctly you get auto replenished when you are next to cache depots.

    You never get auto replenished. And that's good. That makes you think about your ammo and health and adds another layer of tactical gameplay. Just wait a while and people will use the crates more. I certainly use every crate I see unless I am absolutely full on ammo and health.
    .
    It would be very sad if the auto replenishing comes back.
  • SneakyGunman
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    TheSacar wrote: »
    I've noticed that you now have to press "E" to get them. However, it appears that a lot of people don't know this.
    -
    I've attempted to place them in line of sight but I don't see people going to them. I see they stand by them a few feet away. I think folks might think they might be auto replenished standing near them. Which came from other versions of Battlefield.
    -
    I think it would benefit everyone if we could just auto reload on both ammo and health when next to crates (from the player) and cache depots (stationary) and without using "E" regardless if you are on foot on in a tank. That will make things less confusing and more intuitive.
    --
    If I recall correctly you get auto replenished when you are next to cache depots.

    You never get auto replenished. And that's good. That makes you think about your ammo and health and adds another layer of tactical gameplay. Just wait a while and people will use the crates more. I certainly use every crate I see unless I am absolutely full on ammo and health.
    .
    It would be very sad if the auto replenishing comes back.

    There is nothing tactical about press "E"
    You are also auto replenished by fallen solider that you killed. That too is not "tactical".
    -
    To be auto replenished by fallen soldiers and yet have to press "E" because a squad mate is providing ammo and meds is confusing, convoluted and disorienting.
    Post edited by SneakyGunman on
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    I've noticed that you now have to press "E" to get them. However, it appears that a lot of people don't know this.
    -
    I've attempted to place them in line of sight but I don't see people going to them. I see they stand by them a few feet away. I think folks might think they might be auto replenished standing near them. Which came from other versions of Battlefield.
    -
    I think it would benefit everyone if we could just auto reload on both ammo and health when next to crates (from the player) and cache depots (stationary) and without using "E" regardless if you are on foot on in a tank. That will make things less confusing and more intuitive.
    --
    If I recall correctly you get auto replenished when you are next to cache depots.

    You never get auto replenished. And that's good. That makes you think about your ammo and health and adds another layer of tactical gameplay. Just wait a while and people will use the crates more. I certainly use every crate I see unless I am absolutely full on ammo and health.
    .
    It would be very sad if the auto replenishing comes back.

    There is nothing tactical about press "E"

    YEs, there is. Since you need to actively look at the crate/depot and press E, you cannot fight for a second. You can no longer throw down an ammo crate, plop down your MG and fire without having to fear running out of ammo. There is someting tactical about remembering your ammunition and your health. And about having to figure out when to use your health pack and when not. And about having to figure out where to get new ammo. And especially about having to wait awhile before using the same crate/deopot a second time.
    .
    I actually liked the old BF2 system where you had a certain number of mags for your gun and not individual bullets. Once you reloaded any bullets that were left in the old magazine were lost. That way you had to gauge when you reloaded and not just reload after every kill.
  • SneakyGunman
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    TheSacar wrote: »
    I've noticed that you now have to press "E" to get them. However, it appears that a lot of people don't know this.
    -
    I've attempted to place them in line of sight but I don't see people going to them. I see they stand by them a few feet away. I think folks might think they might be auto replenished standing near them. Which came from other versions of Battlefield.
    -
    I think it would benefit everyone if we could just auto reload on both ammo and health when next to crates (from the player) and cache depots (stationary) and without using "E" regardless if you are on foot on in a tank. That will make things less confusing and more intuitive.
    --
    If I recall correctly you get auto replenished when you are next to cache depots.

    You never get auto replenished. And that's good. That makes you think about your ammo and health and adds another layer of tactical gameplay. Just wait a while and people will use the crates more. I certainly use every crate I see unless I am absolutely full on ammo and health.
    .
    It would be very sad if the auto replenishing comes back.

    There is nothing tactical about press "E"

    YEs, there is. Since you need to actively look at the crate/depot and press E, you cannot fight for a second.
    There is no value added to this when the game mechanic allows to auto replenish. This only serves to confuse.
    TheSacar wrote: »
    I actually liked the old BF2 system where you had a certain number of mags for your gun and not individual bullets. Once you reloaded any bullets that were left in the old magazine were lost. That way you had to gauge when you reloaded and not just reload after every kill.
    But you were also auto replenished with ammo and med crates. Lets not cherry pick BF2 mechanics here I did play the game.
    As a matter of fact you could dump ammo/med bags almost at free will without much of a cool down period.
    The point here is that forcing someone to have to remove their focus from the field to look at ammo/med crates is distracting you from playing tactical on the field. It has absolutely nothing to do with how much ammo you have on hand.
    --
    Furthermore, to say that having to look at a ammo/med crate and pressing "E" as tactical lacks the depth in realizing that one needs tactics to actually playing the objective. That is very short sighted and lacks any real argument in offering how one should "tactical" play the game. You simply want someone to "tactical" get ammo. LOL

  • VOLBANKER
    1711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    You never get auto replenished.

    You do with ammo pouches and medic bandages - DICE "cheated" a little here :smile:
    That is, when you throw either towards a person, that person automatically grabs the thrown ammo pouch or bandage.
    Probably because it would be rather tedious if it wasn't made automatic.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    TheSacar wrote: »
    You never get auto replenished.

    You do with ammo pouches and medic bandages - DICE "cheated" a little here :smile:
    That is, when you throw either towards a person, that person automatically grabs the thrown ammo pouch or bandage.
    Probably because it would be rather tedious if it wasn't made automatic.

    Isn't quite automatic though, ist it? Still has to be individually thrown at the teammate :smile:
  • VOLBANKER
    1711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    Isn't quite automatic though, ist it? Still has to be individually thrown at the teammate :smile:

    Hehe, that's true :smile:

    But can't you say the same for the ammo crate? i.e. if it auto-resupplies team or squad mates within a certain range, it still has to be placed initially by a player.

  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    TheSacar wrote: »
    Isn't quite automatic though, ist it? Still has to be individually thrown at the teammate :smile:

    Hehe, that's true :smile:

    But can't you say the same for the ammo crate? i.e. if it auto-resupplies team or squad mates within a certain range, it still has to be placed initially by a player.

    Well you could say that. But having to throw individual packs at people means one guy has to devote time to that. So he can't fight while doing that and has to put (admittedly minimal) thought into it. I am not the biggestfan of that and would prefer if it were limited to being able to thow it to your squad. With the crate one guy can just plop it down and the others need to do something - but in exchange they get rockets/grenades form the crate which they don't from the pack.
  • DominicO65
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree that it should auto replenish with the player deployed crates, but I'm fine with the manual interaction required from the depots.

    But yeah players really aren't using the crates as much as they should.
Sign In or Register to comment.