Pistol Buffs

MONEYPYR0
828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Does anyone else feel that pistols are a bit too weak? Now look, I know pistols shouldnt be used as primaries, but they're just so fun when you do decide to do that (I'd go rounds in BF4 that were like, 30-10 just using my 1911), but even if you just use it as a backup, they just feel so weak. I'd like to see their damage buffed just a little bit, or make them have less damage drop off at "longer" ranges. Anyone else agree?

Comments

• N4zl_Slayer
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Already in patch notes, just wait til 4th December update
  • Borg_QC
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hope BFV developpers don't use BF4 for reference, the worst BF ever. :D
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Borg_QC wrote: »
    I hope BFV developpers don't use BF4 for reference, the worst BF ever. :D

Prepare for a massive avalanche of salt.

I kind of agree with you though, so I'll brace myself for the salt as well ...
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Even though I love BF4, I aint gonna argue with you guys, everyone has opinions :)

But you kinda missed my point, I'm not saying it has to be like BF4, I'm just giving a reference to something I used to do. My point is that either way, pistols feel really weak in this game, even as backup weapons. I just would like to see their overall damage upped a bit, or their damage dropoff range to start a little further away.
  • UraniumReaper
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    Even though I love BF4, I aint gonna argue with you guys, everyone has opinions :)

But you kinda missed my point, I'm not saying it has to be like BF4, I'm just giving a reference to something I used to do. My point is that either way, pistols feel really weak in this game, even as backup weapons. I just would like to see their overall damage upped a bit, or their damage dropoff range to start a little further away.

I loved going on a tear with a sidearm in BF Hardline, those things WERE basically a primary haha. Sad to hear they ain't so tough in BFV
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think their range should be buffed.

Strangely I’ve been doing surprisingly well with pistols so far. I’ve survived quite a few one on ones that I probably shouldn’t really have survived.

What’s their damage like atm, like how many shots are needed to kill?
  • MONEYPYR0
    y_j_es_i wrote: »

Strangely I’ve been doing surprisingly well with pistols so far. I’ve survived quite a few one on ones that I probably shouldn’t really have survived.

I have no clue on any hard stats. It just feels like with most of them, they're about a 6 shot kill to someone will full health, even at close range. The only one stronger than that is the revolver, that's usually a solid 2 hit kill, but it has the slowest fire rate (aside from the Liberator, obviously).

I loved going on a tear with a sidearm in BF Hardline, those things WERE basically a primary haha. Sad to hear they ain't so tough in BFV

I was amazing with the 1911 in BF4, its like, my 4th or 5th most weapon kills, with around 700+. Now I think I barely have 50 with it in BFV. Going into games and only using sidearms is just such a fun thing to do, but it's basically impossible in this game
  • UraniumReaper
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I have no clue on any hard stats. It just feels like with most of them, they're about a 6 shot kill to someone will full health, even at close range. The only one stronger than that is the revolver, that's usually a solid 2 hit kill, but it has the slowest fire rate (aside from the Liberator, obviously).

I was amazing with the 1911 in BF4, its like, my 4th or 5th most weapon kills, with around 700+. Now I think I barely have 50 with it in BFV. Going into games and only using sidearms is just such a fun thing to do, but it's basically impossible in this game

That's sucky. I think the C93 was my best sidearm and my 4th best in BF1. I agree it is a lot of fun going pistol only. Hopefully they decide to buff range or max damage in BFV
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I think the average damage pistols should be a 5/4 shot kill under 20m and 6 beyond.
    1911 a 4/3 shot kill, the revolver a 3 shot

I think I had to land maybe 6 or 7 shots to kill a guy who has like 10-15m in front of me today which is just dumb.

I’m basing the suggestions above on the fact that the G43 has a 300 rpm ROF and kills with three shots, and I don’t think pistols should kill faster than it in CQC. Somewhere between the G43 and Sebladter feels about right

• MONEYPYR0
    I think the average damage pistols should be a 5/4 shot kill under 20m and 6 beyond.
    1911 a 4/3 shot kill, the revolver a 3 shot

I think I had to land maybe 6 or 7 shots to kill a guy who has like 10-15m in front of me today which is just dumb.

I’m basing the suggestions above on the fact that the G43 has a 300 rpm ROF and kills with three shots, and I don’t think pistols should kill faster than it in CQC. Somewhere between the G43 and Sebladter feels about right

According to the patch notes, it seems like the damage drop off is going to become a bit further, which is good, but I'd still like to see a bit more of damage
  • Hawxxeye
    7750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I had never been killing people with pistols so easily. The P38 is a beast
  • MONEYPYR0
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    I had never been killing people with pistols so easily. The P38 is a beast

The P38 is probably the best pistol, up there with the Ruby. But the M1911, P08,
    and R1912 just feel a bit weak to me especially the 1911. Its shooting a .45 round, it should be a bit more deadly
  • AlexdeF1
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I use the revolver. It's also very good