BF2, 3, or 4 remastered...would you buy?

13»

Comments

• rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    No.

And because of 10 characters, no again.

I said this a year ago but since BFV has turned out to be a shollow game, devoid of the fun 'only in Battlefield' moments these games had, can I change my mind?

Yep.

And because of 10 characters, yep again.
  • Trokey66
    8798 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Champion!
  • MASTERGAMER895
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    I would be willing to pay $120 to experience BF4's hayday again(without the poor launch) I have 1333 hours in the game and would gladly spend another 1333 hours in the game. Then again, any of the previous titles would be better than the dumpster fire that BFV is :s 
  • eskeatv
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would LOVE a Battlefield 3 remaster (with Ziba tower tho). Battlefield 4 I don't really care about besides it's still too new.
  • f42sja5
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF3 for PS4/5, heck yeah!
  • Henry_Laurentius
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yes, I would! Especially Battlefield 2 as I miss the several classes that made it even more important to work together, you could join a squad if you wanted to have teamwork. I miss the weapons being limited to the faction (made me truly feel like my team/my faction was playing against the enemy faction) and real street fighting in cities, instead of the small villages on the open fields that were easily erased. Last time I played BF2 was in 2013 - 2014 and I had an amazing experience. It made me truly relize that less deffinatly can feel like more.
    I still play Battlefield 3 and 4 now and then since they are good games, but not what i miss in the Battlefield franchise. I would buy a BF 2 and 3 remastered.

The latest BF games feel a bit too casual, not the direction I think battlefield is meant for.
  • MarauderFox
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BC2 and BF3
    The gameplay and mechanics hold up today as they did upon release despite some aspects feeling dated or unpolished compared to changes seen in BF1/V (example: can't strafe+sprint in BC2)
    A remaster for either could entirely be graphics upgrades, bug fixes (plenty in both) and bringing both games into a new engine for modern hardware and software support (RTX, DX... etc)
    (and removing blue from BF3)

BF4 doesn't feel like a 2013 release game but it isn't BF3
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3030 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How about a BFV remaster?

Only joking, it would be BF3 for me but with out the blue tint and the lens flare effects. Dice, the human eye does not see lens flare, that only happens in photography and films.
  • 4evaBattlefield2
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF2:HD

But only if they dont mess with the core gameplay mechanics.

I want a magazine based reloading system, to hell with ammo pools!

Bring back the original factions and the ones from sf expansion, but add more!  I'm thinking somewhere around 10 factions, 5 on one side and 5 on the other. All with unique team weaponry. Like M16 for the US, AK74M for the russians, AKM for insurgents, L85 for the brits and QBZ-95 for the pla.

Vehicles need to limited ammo and need to return to base to resupply. They should be powerful but limited. And all vehicles must spawn in physically on the map. Remake all the good maps and add some new original ones. You can add metro and maps from later titles too.

Also better ballistics. I want to be able to hit and kill an enemy out to 1000m plus! No dumb range based damage! No bullets dropping like rocks past 100m, because your gun is in the wrong class. Pistol caliber weapons I can understand, but not when my .308 battle rifle's bullets cant reach out as far as my .308 sniper rifle's even though they use similar ammo. Accuracy is another issue.

Add weapons customization. No vehicle customization. It always felt off to me that a simple driver change can change the heart and soul of a vehicle. Vehicle variants should be in. Like say instead of your humvee having only a .50 cal, you can find a grenade mg humvee, but it's rare and takes longer to spawn and can have a whole host of other downsides too, to balance it out.

I think you should mainly focus on conquest, forget the other gamemodes. Rush is fine too. Firestorm/battle royale? Nah. Conquest is where it's at, it blends the best aspects of TDM and objective based gameplay.

Also the damage model. For god sakes none of this current bullet sponge model. A ww2 game that requires bolt action rifles 2+ shots to the chest to kill even in close range? WTF? Cod2 did it right. An assault rifles should kill in 3-4 hits to the chest, depending on targets armor level and/or what part of the body hit. A leg or arm shot should take an extra bullet or two to kill. Headshots need to be fatal 100% of the time. Except from low power rounds like .22 or if the opponent is wearing a helmet.

All players have 100 health fixed. The only thing that varies is armor level and accompanying helmets. Say as an unarmored player has a 1x damage multiplier to the chest. A .75x multiplier to the limbs. And your head has a multiplier of 4x. At best you can only survive a couple of shot to the chest. One level up; medium armor. Your torso multiplier is .66x so you can tank an extra assault round or two, your limb multiplier remains unchanged, but your headshot multiplier is reduced to 3x. So you can still be killed by an assault rifle round, but tank an extra pistol bullet. Lastly heavy armor. Your torso multiplier is .5x for normal bullets and .66x for armor piercing bullets(more on that later), your headshot multiplier is 2x. So you can tank an assault rifle hit to the head, but not a battle rifle round. What's the downside to wearing armor? Speed. Specifically sprint speed. It's slower the heavier armored you are.

Armor piercing rounds need to exist but they should have their uses and downsides too. AP rounds negate armor, except for heavy armor which can resist it by a bit, but AP rounds have more recoil, more boom. Hollow point rounds? Nah, I cant see how you'd be able to implement them fairly. Maybe they do more damage on unarmored areas, but less on armored areas and zero penetration? I seriously cant see how it could work.
  • Jagick
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield 2 remaster but ONLY if they leave the game itself alone. Just give us battlefield 2 with newer graphics and physics. Leave the gunplay, movement, scale, classes, EVERYTHING ELSE alone and the way it originally was. No BF3 bunny hopping, no BF1/5 strafing while firing, no balance ruining vehicle specializations that make it impossible for new players to compete, no microtransactions.

New engine. New Graphics. Destructible environment maybe but otherwise let it be the game we loved. Don't change it.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Combine BF3 and BF4. All maps, weapons and vehicles from both games.
    That would be nice.
  • Turbo_Nozomix
    402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Battlefield 4 remastered, I guess so. Although it's still simpler and slightly dumbed-down from Battlefield 2, it was a major improvement over Battlefield 3 and is one of the best Battlefields (though, that's partly a comment on how terrible many of the Bf games have been). But Battlefield 4 is still playable and there are lots of people still playing it. And as I've been playing it in recent times, I don't know that a remaster is high on my list of priorities.

Battlefield 2, absolutely. It's by far the best Battlefield game. And while it is still playable online, and I still play it online, it also is dated by its technology and graphical fidelity. It goes without saying that a faithful remake of Battlefield 2 would be amazing. And a remake of Battlefield 2, or a new Battlefield game that is just done in the same style as Battlefield 2 would be THE game that re-ignites the Battlefield name for a long time to come. The series has been kept from its original ambitions and its true potential for far too long.