How do you get ground kills in planes ?

bongkilla96
94 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I see all these people getting lots of kills on ground targets with fighters,bomber and basically every plane in the game. My question is how fo you even find targets to go after ? Flying itself isnt my issue as ive got a decent hang of it but i cant see anyone on the ground and have to resort to bombing random objetives. So my question is how in the hell do you find ground targets with spotting gone ? I play on a 52” 1080 p plasma and cant afford a 4k tv at the current moment

Comments

• x-GUTB-x
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Easy, just run an aimbot so you can see all enemies on the map.
  • echo-smoker93
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    With stukas carryng 1000kg bombs
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I personally can’t imagine playing this game on a huge 1080p screen.

At 165hz 1440p 27” monitor, I can see infantry easily if they move. Little black ants scurrying around. Also, once you get used to maps, you also just get used to where to target.

Bombers have a bombing target reticle. Easy kills.

Fighters have various ground weaps: dual rockets, 8x rockets, 2x 50lb bombs etc. Some are hard to target (the spit’s 2x bombs) and some are *extremely* easy (g2 dual rockets = any ground target dead whenever you feel like it).

That’s how! Hi rez computer monitor at high refresh anf getting used to where inf tend to be.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh, and the Spitfire 8x also kills inf really fast.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2081 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Some planes like Stuka with Boardkanone or 1000kg bomb don't require much aiming, I just aim in general direction of the infantry. Then there is BF109 G6 that has a spotting camera in the specializations. And then there is JU-88 that is outright broken until Tuesday.

I play on 34 inch ultrawide monitor, so its not an issue to see targets on the ground for me.
  • Zviko0
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Play on monitor so you can sit closer and it's easier to see the enemies that way. You just see where the action is, which flag is getting capped, bullet traces etc. Then just dive and brake and you'll see many ants. If you don't, go almost straight up and look behind so you can see the map and where is the enemy. Repeat. Rockets on both BFs are very strong against infantry, also explosive bullets on G6 will almost instantly kill. It's harder with Spitfires because rockets aren't as good as those on BFs and it's not very easy to aim those bombs on VA without 3rd person aim. But you get used to it.

There's no science for bombers. You just drop everything you got on the flag that is getting capped or attacked. You don't even need to see anything.
  • bongkilla96
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    Play on monitor so you can sit closer and it's easier to see the enemies that way. You just see where the action is, which flag is getting capped, bullet traces etc. Then just dive and brake and you'll see many ants. If you don't, go almost straight up and look behind so you can see the map and where is the enemy. Repeat. Rockets on both BFs are very strong against infantry, also explosive bullets on G6 will almost instantly kill. It's harder with Spitfires because rockets aren't as good as those on BFs and it's not very easy to aim those bombs on VA without 3rd person aim. But you get used to it.

There's no science for bombers. You just drop everything you got on the flag that is getting capped or attacked. You don't even need to see anything.

Alright, all of the advice given by you and other sounds good. But also i forgot to say in on ps4 so not sure if you can hook that up to a monitor ? But i wouldnt be able to buy one for a couple months cant afford it atm. Hell i wish i could just switch to a decent pc id do it in a hearbeat if i had enough cash atm :( . But any do i just do the same with what i got and try to get used to it then ?
  • FillthyCasuall
    96 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think its just dropping bombs on taken objectives while looking at the mini map where your team is centered at. For the attack planes i just focus on the enemy planes so i don't accidentally crash into the ground lol
  • bongkilla96
    Yeah thats what i usually do but it only get like 1-2 kills at a time and i see guys getting 4-7
  • SirBobdk
    3204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If sniper's would do their job and spot it wouldn't be a problem.
    I had a friend in the bomber yesterday and I was spotting for him.
    It made it so easy for him and every bomb run was 2-4 kills.
    Other than that it takes some practice, but you can actually se people on the ground when you know where to look.
  • Zviko0
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »

Alright, all of the advice given by you and other sounds good. But also i forgot to say in on ps4 so not sure if you can hook that up to a monitor ? But i wouldnt be able to buy one for a couple months cant afford it atm. Hell i wish i could just switch to a decent pc id do it in a hearbeat if i had enough cash atm :( . But any do i just do the same with what i got and try to get used to it then ?

Actually I'm on PS4 too. And yes you can with HDMI. I'm sorry, I thought you already own a PC, a **** one just for some work or school or something. ;)
  • mattd3162014
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    If sniper's would do their job and spot it wouldn't be a problem.
    I had a friend in the bomber yesterday and I was spotting for him.
    It made it so easy for him and every bomb run was 2-4 kills.
    Other than that it takes some practice, but you can actually se people on the ground when you know where to look.

everybody has the ability to spot,if someteams where smart they would be using the yellow spotting marker to highlight targets for aircraft to strafe would certainly help out the team and also the pilots and give you a much better chance at winning the match.The spotting marker everyone has is so under utilized its actually better than the system we had in bf1 imo.
  • Gravlar_SN9
    232 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I jumped in a plane for the first time last night and was struggling to get kills other than dropping bombs on objectives being taken.

Then I discovered if I lit up the point from miles away with my machine gun it spotted (I guess suppressed?) anyone around there giving me big juicy targets to hit.

The downside is that it gives your bombing run away and a couple of times I did have to wave off as AA started hitting me.

Other than that when we had a recon actively spotting it was heaven!
  • SirBobdk
    3204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Belheim have a spotting camera. Quit effective to light up all enemies on the ground.
    And you get tons of points.
  • Hawxxeye
    3797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The Belheim have a spotting camera. Quit effective to light up all enemies on the ground.

but the spotting for the planes view is mostly bugged so it does not always show for the pilots.
  • SirBobdk
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

but the spotting for the planes view is mostly bugged so it does not always show for the pilots.
    True, but I think it does for the Ground.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cockpit view zooming in helps spot ants on the floor. There's also a tip saying something like press the shooter button to spot enemies.
    Same for dropping flares, get lots of points but the pilot can't see them when he turns around.
  • Hawxxeye
    3797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    Cockpit view zooming in helps spot ants on the floor. There's also a tip saying something like press the shooter button to spot enemies.
    Same for dropping flares, get lots of points but the pilot can't see them when he turns around.
    Just once I managed to kill someone with a plane flare
  • TheSacar
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Oh a necro-thread :wink:
    Cockpit view with zoom helps finding ground targets and map knowledge does the rest.
  • SirBobdk
    TheSacar wrote: »
    Oh a necro-thread :wink:
    Cockpit view with zoom helps finding ground targets and map knowledge does the rest.
    Agree. Uses that the most.