Battlefield V made me appreciate Battlefield 1 much more.

Comments

• SlugSniper
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    LOOK at this:

Battlefield-V-3.png

Shoot-Self-In-Foot.jpg
  • boutneus
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The social justice BS controversy doubling down. Just seems like a deflection for a poorly designed game. I doubt most people care about it when looking at the overall game, heck we have female snipers in bf1 and people love the game. It just breaks immersion and that’s why it docks some points.
  • TheGM86
    747 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SlugSniper wrote: »
    LOOK at this:

Battlefield-V-3.png
    Who the hell has a mission failed celebration?
  • trip1ex
    4474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2018
    yep BFV makes BF1 look a lot better.

To the point where I kind of like BF1 now knowing that things can get worse.

Everything I didn't like about BF1, BFV have doubled down on. I thought enemies were hard to see in BF1, let's make them even harder to see with all the map clutter plus eliminate spotting. Didn't really care for ttk 2.0. Let's lower ttk even more and made weapons more accurate at longer ranges. TAnks were slow in BF1. Hey we can make slow in ww2 as well. Not many vehicles? Well we'll continue that pattern and even release more heavy infantry maps in BFV. Animations were annoying in BF1. We're doubling down on them in BFV. Too many useless modes. We're back with even more blah modes. Maps too small? WE got even smaller maps and more of them. BAlance was crap in BF1. Good news haven't done anything to change that in BFV. Conquest was a bore in BF1. Rotate around the flags. Don't worry we haven't changed that except we will make the score 1-1 with 30 seconds left so you'll always have a close match. I kid about that but it's not too far off from what they did.

So I haven't bought BFV. It just doesn't have that fun BF feel.
  • SlugSniper
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    boutneus wrote: »
    The social justice BS controversy doubling down. Just seems like a deflection for a poorly designed game. I doubt most people care about it when looking at the overall game, heck we have female snipers in bf1 and people love the game. It just breaks immersion and that’s why it docks some points.

At least the female snipers in BF1 had historical context behind them. BFV takes historical anything and sharts on it.
  • research-kitchen
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The alpha and beta was enough for me. Glad I passed on this one.
  • robmcewen
    2883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    LOOK at this:

Battlefield-V-3.png

Well after the disasters that was Battlefront 1 and 2 it's nice they get to celebrate the critical and commercial hit that is BFV. I'm just glad that DICE are owned by EA, you know some game publishers are too eager with closing down studios. A studio releases a game that flops, next thing you know you hear the studio has been "restructured" :'(

Just look at what, oh hang on, what's the company's name agian? on yes that it, CD Project Red! (Boo hiss) They keep buying up studio's make them add loot boxes to get kids hooked to online gambling https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46286945 And look at the long list of some of the game studios that they closed as soon as they get into trouble.
    • Bullfrog
    • Westwood studios
    • Origin systems
    • NuFx
    • Pandemic studios
    • Playfish
    • Black box games
    • DreamWorks interactive
    • Phenomic game development
    • Victory games
    • Mythic Entertainment
    • Maxis software
    • Visceral games

So let DICE celebrate the games release, so what they have alienated a fair chunk of their fan base, the share price is down and (trigger warning) the sells don't look so good. It's all good, they can just chalk it up to experience, because it's EA that pulls their strings and not the Great devourer of the games industry that is CD Project Red. (Boo hiss)
  • TheGM86
    747 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    LOOK at this:

Battlefield-V-3.png
    • Westwood studios
    • Origin systems
    • Maxis software
    oof, right in the feels basket.

• robmcewen
    2883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    LOOK at this:

Battlefield-V-3.png
    • Westwood studios
    • Origin systems
    • Maxis software
    oof, right in the feels basket.

Westwood one is a real shame, used to play a lot of C&C back in the day, and getting a email from EA say that the new mobile C&C is out doesn’t help.
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same here. BF1 is so much fun

• herodes87
    1215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I played after 2 weeks the First time again BF1.

Its such a better Game. Better Sound, graphic, gunplay and so on.

Sure its Not perfect. But 10 Times better then BFV. Together with BBC2 my favorite Shooter. Maybe my favorite Shooter.

BFV is Like playing conquest with 64 Hellriegel players. Its such a noob Shooter.
  • RossP317
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's noticeable the number of rank 150 players in the scoreboards still. Had BF5 been any good you'd have expected these committed players to move across.
  • azelenkin0306
    538 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    RossP317 wrote: »
    It's noticeable the number of rank 150 players in the scoreboards still. Had BF5 been any good you'd have expected these committed players to move across.

I am rank 150 and still enjoying BF1, despite Bombers and Mortar Trucks :)

They screwed everything I liked in BF1. What’s the reason to buy BFV? Better gunplay? :)

• azelenkin0306
    538 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    herodes87 wrote: »

Sure its Not perfect. But 10 Times better then BFV. Together with BBC2 my favorite Shooter. Maybe my favorite Shooter.

BFV is Like playing conquest with 64 Hellriegel players. Its such a noob Shooter.

Yeah, I remember everyone was complaining about Hellriegel and how OP it was. In BFV almost all Assault weapons are basically Hellriegels with zero downsides. Truly skilled game :)

• herodes87
    1215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yeah, I remember everyone was complaining about Hellriegel and how OP it was. In BFV almost all Assault weapons are basically Hellriegels with zero downsides. Truly skilled game :)

For me it Looks Like BFV is Made and designed for the Standard Hellriegel scrub. Wannabe Pros Like Broken Machine.
  • herodes87
    By the way i noticed less Hellriegel users in BF1. Maybe its because less Level 150 Players or maybe all the noobs moved over to BFV.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFV made me dislike BF1 even more. It made me appreciate well designed gunplay even more. Removal of noob-friendly mechanics like spread, behemoths, elites, high ttk, spotting, sweet spots, gas, grenade spam all made me appreciate how much more fun one can have in a first person shooter when the main way of killing is using your primary weapon.

From what I've gathered so far here it's clear those who prefer BF1 and trash BFV are ones who are struggling to adapt. Slow down, readjust, learn the new gunplay and you'll be fine. Always remember, BF1 was a horrible nightmare and it's all over.
  • herodes87
    Lol nice troll.

BF1 took 10 Times more Skill then Casualfield V. Were every noob gets easy skilless Kills with the Stg44 and KE7.

Killstreaks, easy Spray n pray, camping cowards, infantry only thats BFV. Its Dice Version of a Bf CoD Mix.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lol nice troll.

BF1 took 10 Times more Skill then Casualfield V. .

tenor.gif
  • herodes87
    edited December 2018
    What lost your voice? Someone that uses the easiest guns should be the Last Guy talking about Skill. If you were Bad at BF1 don't blame the Game for it.