Battlefield V made me appreciate Battlefield 1 much more.

124»

Comments

• ironfist235
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
  • Beat_Mangler80
    499 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is the first time in my life I have ever bought a new game and gone back to the old one.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    499 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    Instead of a director directing the creation of this game with a focus on the end user experience, I think this game was directed by wealthy men in suits who haven't the slightest clue in the world about video games, and all of this is just funny to them - because they already have all of our money.
    I guess they all intend to bail soon, who in their right mind would stick around after the new precedent has been set with massive price reductions in the first weeks, and the beta state they expect early purchasers of the game to deal with.
    We've literally got to be mad to do this again (buy a battlefield game too early)
    My mind is already blown by what's going to happen at the next BF release.
  • azelenkin0306
    538 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BFV made me dislike BF1 even more. It made me appreciate well designed gunplay even more. Removal of noob-friendly mechanics like spread, behemoths, elites, high ttk, spotting, sweet spots, gas, grenade spam all made me appreciate how much more fun one can have in a first person shooter when the main way of killing is using your primary weapon.

From what I've gathered so far here it's clear those who prefer BF1 and trash BFV are ones who are struggling to adapt. Slow down, readjust, learn the new gunplay and you'll be fine. Always remember, BF1 was a horrible nightmare and it's all over.

No offence, but I've heard stories that this game is called Battlefield and is not only about shooting people with your primary weapon. It's about tanks, planes, mortars and other weaponry. That as I've heard made this game different.
    • Spread - I believe it was introduced to balance Automatic and other type of weapons. It was one of the parameters (along with the Sweet Spot) used to balance weapons. And honestly, despite few OP guns, BF1 weapon balance was really good and IMHO much better than BFV. I am not saying that this is a good mechanics, but for sake of balance I am completely fine with it.
    • Elite Classes: were a good addition and very useful in Operations. But they shouldn't have included Elite Classes in the small games modes (where Individual skill should be the only the factor) and Conquest. Without Elite Classes most of Operations rounds would have ended and become a boring shooting range thanks to awful balance.
    • Sweet Spot: agree, this should have been removed especially from Long range Sniper rifles. If you're lying somewhere safe, you should focus on headshots for OHK.
    • High TTK: already discussed to death :). It's a matter of personal preference. But, for example in Operations I would prefer higher TTK, because pushing in the Open fields is a problem when you're downed in 2-3 hits. BTW, I see exactly the same TTD problem in BF1, when the whole damage is bundled into one packet and you feel OHKed from almost all weapons.
    • Grenade spam: agree, especially it's awful in Operations
    • Gas - i liked it, but sometimes it was pretty annoying.

About adapting and BFV trashing: no offence, but you're acting like EA/DICE by summarizing all complaints into a very simple formula: "If you don't like it, you can't adapt"

It's not about adaptation. I like some changes, but I don't understand why did they change something that worked really well in BF1. Grand Operations (a pathetic Breakthrough) and Medic class are perfect examples.
  • boutneus
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Btw kills per minute doesn’t mean jack, because it counts time spend in the spawn screen. Mine sucks but I just chill in the spawn screen when I have enough points for the operation battlepack, which can take up to 45 mins lol. Or waiting on a vehicle, same thing.
    Can’t expect me to jump in full ADHD nonstop, but while waiting I usually still end mvp lol
  • Parasiten79
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Lol nice troll.

BF1 took 10 Times more Skill then Casualfield V. Were every noob gets easy skilless Kills with the Stg44 and KE7.

Killstreaks, easy Spray n pray, camping cowards, infantry only thats BFV. Its Dice Version of a Bf CoD Mix.

Sorry but i Believe you are wrong here. Bfv rewards good players a lot more than bf1. Sure it is easier to kill with primaries in V but if you're bad you won't get positive numbers despite some easy kills.
    You will most likely be slaughtered.

Bf1 was fun and the setting is amazing but elites, nadespam, gas, behemoths are all examples of noobfriendly toys to get cheap kills.
    Now even dice realized this and upped the ttk to cater to people who struggle. It sucks and won't help the game at all
  • SlugSniper
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Lol nice troll.

BF1 took 10 Times more Skill then Casualfield V. Were every noob gets easy skilless Kills with the Stg44 and KE7.

Killstreaks, easy Spray n pray, camping cowards, infantry only thats BFV. Its Dice Version of a Bf CoD Mix.

Sorry but i Believe you are wrong here. Bfv rewards good players a lot more than bf1. Sure it is easier to kill with primaries in V but if you're bad you won't get positive numbers despite some easy kills.
    You will most likely be slaughtered.

Bf1 was fun and the setting is amazing but elites, nadespam, gas, behemoths are all examples of noobfriendly toys to get cheap kills.
    Now even dice realized this and upped the ttk to cater to people who struggle. It sucks and won't help the game at all

Those "noobfriendly toys" are part of the setting. Granted, the Dreadnought needs a serious rethink, but everything else just makes the gameplay feel more authentic.

Also, it takes a lot more skill to know how to avoid and counter all of the "spam" and do good.
  • MarxistDictator
    4773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All those noob friendly toys don't add up to as many cheap deaths as you get in BF V, the game that punished you for getting a kill by spotting you lmao

Sorry but that game will never live down something that horrendously casual. That's way worse than anything ever was in BF1.
  • MarxistDictator
    4773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    boutneus wrote: »
    Btw kills per minute doesn’t mean jack, because it counts time spend in the spawn screen. Mine sucks but I just chill in the spawn screen when I have enough points for the operation battlepack, which can take up to 45 mins lol. Or waiting on a vehicle, same thing.
    Can’t expect me to jump in full ADHD nonstop, but while waiting I usually still end mvp lol

SPM and KPM do not track menu or respawn time though. There should be a tracker for time spent behind the out of bounds.
  • TheGM86
    751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    boutneus wrote: »

SPM and KPM do not track menu or respawn time though. There should be a tracker for time spent behind the out of bounds.
    Vehicles shouldn't count and tank kills should be negative kills.