Hamada has a sandstorm!?!?!

MONEYPYR0
828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I was just finishing up a round of Breakthrough on Hamada, when the desert started to turn a dark orange, and a sandstorm began to sweep through. How longhas this been a thing? Is it something that only happens on Breakthrough? And to add to weather types, I havent seen it rain much in Rotterdam. Whats up with that?

Comments

• Jezzzeh
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd totally love to see more weather effects a little more often. They chance the maps and the player dynamic.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh wrote: »
    I'd totally love to see more weather effects a little more often. They chance the maps and the player dynamic.

Same. I still occasionally get the snow storm on Fjell, but this is the first time I've seen Hamada's, and I haven't had a weather change on Rotterdam for awhile
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    I was just finishing up a round of Breakthrough on Hamada, when the desert started to turn a dark orange, and a sandstorm began to sweep through. How longhas this been a thing? Is it something that only happens on Breakthrough? And to add to weather types, I havent seen it rain much in Rotterdam. Whats up with that?

Yup, the map turns into Blade Runner 2049, it totally changes the dynamic of that map, suddenly all engagements are close range only.

I liked the extreme weather effects in BF1, because you might have to change your play style to be effective; jump out of your plane, you can’t do anything in it now anyway, lay down your sniper rifle and pick up a shotgun instead. Considering the amount of threads complaining about the fog, on these forums, it seems like people are not too keen on adapting their play style to their surroundings.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it makes it look like you are fighting on Mars.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Me too! I love bad weather in games, it adds immersion, and makes the game more challenging. The only problem is that if Dice were to increase the frequency of weather effects, the snipers would throw a fit.
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It was almost left out I bet because so many people complained about the weather in bf1. It just goes to show DICE will never be able to please everyone with game design, its a shame that 100% agree that BFV is buggy as hell though.
  • Jezzzeh
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Me too! I love bad weather in games, it adds immersion, and makes the game more challenging. The only problem is that if Dice were to increase the frequency of weather effects, the snipers would throw a fit.

Yeah probably :smiley: but then to keep it a bit real the changes would only need to happen rarely .... not so rare that you'd never see them though!