Weekly Debrief

AngryJoeShow - Battlefield 5 Review Discussion

Popa2caps
577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
If people don't know, The AngryJoeShow (YouTube Channel) released the late review of what they thought of the game. Seems you can't link directly to the video or the whole post gets taken down (i wonder why the link couldn't have just been removed?)

Joe brings up some amazing topics like, maps, weapons, coming soon menu screens, extra brightness while in buildings, bombing while in spawn,battlefront 2 copy & paste,issues with turrets on tanks, no cosmetics on vehicles, company coins, operations vs BF1 operations,never ending servers, empty servers, pointless paint cosmetics, missing single player content,

If anyone hasn't see it, it's a great review (my opinion) and the faster that the Dice team gets a chance to watch it, some or all the issues could be fixed.
Review got a 5/10

I myself understand completely the rating, but i don't want Battlefield to fail. Is there any hope to saving this title?

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    6858 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    *double post.

Post edited by BaronVonGoon on
  • PineNeedle789
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Some YouTube star with 0 talent other than gossip crap doing review and there are like 5 discussion now.
    I thought you guys were pretty mad about having woman in game now I know why.
    You just like drama.
  • NYC_Fanboy
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have to admit, unfortunately, Joe is right!
    When you think of BF you're like: "What could possibly go wrong?" Oh man ...
    Compared to BF 4 (my love) this game feels so wrong. BF 4 just did everything right, it was the perfect shooter.

I'm rank 50, Assault and Recon 20 but the game feels so empty, old and half-baked now that I've stopped playing.
    Either DICE was rushed like hell or they just blew it.
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Good. I was going to summarize his video because an actual link gets the thread locked. He makes some great points but he also makes some points that show that he's not knowledgeable at all regarding the game. He's definitely being fed some info. Maybe he and his henchmen read the forums.

Overall he reiterates some of the same points and complaints we've been making here on the forums which is great because having big YouTubers reiterate our complaints gives them more traction. Though you'll get attacked by some here who don't like YouTubers who are critical of the game.

I think the great Battlefield forums made a copy post for you!, But ya i feel ya, i think most YouTubers do go over the same points. I was very happy to see joe playing tbh and watching him see the same issues i had, like looking through a window just to see massive overlay of brightness, or the odd Battlefront 2 skill menu.

I do welcome Joe's video review over Levelcap or the other "Game Changers". I can't stand it when streamers don't tell the truth about a product just to keep the money coming in. I have played more Battlefield then other titles, yet i can't defend BFV, it just feels very, very wrong. I myself don't think he's being feed any info, but you never know.

• SilkWildey
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Compared to BF 4 (my love) this game feels so wrong. BF 4 just did everything right, it was the perfect shooter.

I'm rank 50, Assault and Recon 20 but the game feels so empty, old and half-baked now that I've stopped playing.

I made it about 30 hours and got that feeling just empty and boring.
  • Popa2caps

Ya i loved the maps in BF4, the weapon upgrades was also amazing. I was a big chopper person in modern Battlefields, but once they started this non chopper gameplay, i have been trying to find that same fun in the newer titles.
  • trip1ex
    4882 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    As the video said, and I've said this a few times myself, BFV went the wrong direction and BF was already headed the wrong direction with BF1. They got rid of the big massive battles with lots of tanks and planes over large swaths of dirt. Not 2 tanks and 2 planes in a fishbowl-sized arena.

They also commented on the terrible lighting. And low ttk. And general feeling of shoddiness and feeling that DICE making a BF game every year (between Battlefront and Battlefield) is not enough time to make a good game and results in a buggy unfinished not well thought out product.

• suffice_ls
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    g0merPieL wrote: »
    At what point in BF4s evolution do you suppose it did everything right?

From the start.

The sheer variety in weapons, loadouts, vehicular gameplay and maps -- No way will BFV have the same amount of content at the end of its lifecycle. This new tank-focused map is apparently garbage. Bring back Season Pass for the next game, pretty please!

Weapon attachments > Skill trees.

BF4 shipped with a Practice range and the ability to customise the look of your vehicles....but in BFV, those standard things are "DLC".

BF4 had NONE of this politically-charged garbage that BFV is synonymous with.

• Popa2caps
    g0merPieL wrote: »

At what point in BF4s evolution do you suppose it did everything right? To even say this, you have to completely ignore the game's state at release and the whole debacle that surrounded it.

And don't get me wrong, it's my second favorite in the franchise behind BFV. But it was in a much worse state at release than V is currently.

Sorry, i don't mean to be mean and quote your post asking someone else about their comment, but my opinion is, Yes BF4 had a crazy start. I even remember starting a thread about how BF4 will fail on launch because i couldn't play at the time (PS4).

BF4 main issue (to me) was it was launched on 5 systems at the same time. With the scope of the project of BF4 getting it to run on all consoles at that time and the new release of the PS4 and Xbox One, i can honestly say, one would expect some major issues. Everyone trying to change their account over to the new title so on.

Battlefield 5 doesn't have this to blame it on, no console launch, no new engine. Even with no major thing happening to the gamer market, BFV is having a hard time. BF4 was an amazing achievement for the Dice team. I'm not sure one could directly compare the two titles to be honest. BF4 was a true Battlefield game, i'm not sure what to call BFV.
  • suffice_ls
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Popa2caps wrote: »
    I was a big chopper person in modern Battlefields, but once they started this non chopper gameplay, i have been trying to find that same fun in the newer titles.

Choppers alone made it 2 games in 1. Miss them.

They'll probably be "DLC" that gets added a year and a half after launch with the next game though -- That's IF they don't go full libtard and take us to the "Untold battles of the Civil War" or something stupid like in this game.

• Popa2caps
    Some YouTube star with 0 talent other than gossip crap doing review and there are like 5 discussion now.
    I thought you guys were pretty mad about having woman in game now I know why.
    You just like drama.

You can feel that way all you want, but not once did i think he was talking gossip. Gossip would be the idle talk between rumors. It's not a rumor if anyone with the game Battlefield 5, can reproduce the same gameplay.

Please stay on the discussion topic, saying "I thought you guys were pretty mad about having woman in game now I know why" just saying things like that to gain a reaction is not welcome.
  • Popa2caps
    suffice_ls wrote: »
    I was a big chopper person in modern Battlefields, but once they started this non chopper gameplay, i have been trying to find that same fun in the newer titles.

They'll probably be "DLC" that gets added a year and a half after launch with the next game though -- That's IF they don't go full libtard and take us to the "Untold battles of the Civil War" or something stupid like in this game.

"Untold battles of the Civil War", Don't give EA ideas! I'm dying though of the thought of reloading my weapons for 5 mins in a open field with a drum and flute class. lol
  • JiggleWang
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    suffice_ls wrote: »

They may go full republitard by adding an orange clown and a couple guys named Kooter, and Jeb.
  • una322
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sadlly joe is right. He even said the core gameplay is 10/10, but what does that matter when everything else is lacking.

The amount of content in this game atm is terrible. There are so few guns, maps, vehicles. Things get boring fast. Dont get me wrong, the games fun it really has the chance to be great, but as joe said he can only review whats there right now, and what is there is bare bones.
    Then look at the weapon upgrade system , its just flat out bad. it makes no sense at all. The stats it gives is terrible. Even BF1 does it better. When you change mods/ scopes on sniper rifles for example in bf1 , you get graphs showing bullet dmg fall off ext. None of that in bfv, just hey pick this option because the other is garbage. no stat detailed stats apart from a afew lines saying yeh this is green ie better, or red , ie worse. Yeh thats improvement over the last game.... not.

Then the maps, yeh the maps are lacking there. There are like 2-3 really good maps the rest are just ok at best. Because we got 2 maps from the beta, most people dont want to play them and leave so it feels like there are even less maps than there are. Also why are almost all servers having the same map rotation at the same time? if its on a map you dont like almost every other server is on that map or its the nxt map. Gets anoying fast.

I dont agree with the coin / credits thing joe said though, you can get credits easy as long as you do the missions you can get a tone of points easy. Still the overall system is so bad even compared to bf1. Also why do you have to quit game just to upgrade your weapons? just all smells of lazyness.

Just look back at older bf games, the amount of customization of guns ,set ups in bf4 for example is huge in comparison, and you could change it all during the game.
    Over all we have a framework of a great game, with overall great gun play, all ruined by stupid upgrade, customization system, poor ui menu systems and a lack of maps / content. Also lets not forget that because we no longer have premium EA have no need to get content out often, its free now , they can do how ever much or little they want. ~And you can bet your **** that if this game sells poorly they will reduce the amount of dlc coming in the future.

oh and the sp, no point even talking about that , what a mess, what a waste of dev time that could of gone into the mp.

Again joe can only review the game based on whats on offer now, not how the game will be like in 6 months.
  • TEXls1
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Content is bad because it’s a $60 game. What is everyone expecting when you cut the price in half from previous Ultimate.
  • Popa2caps
    TEXls1 wrote: »
    Content is bad because it’s a $60 game. What is everyone expecting when you cut the price in half from previous Ultimate.

If that was the case, you could then expect different titles like Red Dead or Black Ops 4 to have the same issues, yet they are doing very well.
    From the review, one could compare the lost in quality with older Battlefield titles in the series, ether from being rushed from EA or from the studio pushing too much content.

An easy comparison is going to one of the older titles like Joe states in the review. One should expect the same if not more content going forward. I tested out premier for the first time to test BFV and i also think BFV is lacking, in terms of not only quality, but also, design direction, marketing, missing content (Coming Soon Messages). I can't recall buying a game to have a big window blocked to say, coming soon on it.

I have played many titles like Dota 2, LOL, TF, Fortnite and most of them are good because the players like them, yet there don't have this high cost of $60, let alone a price to play them at all. So knowing this, i can't say BFV did bad because it's only $60, i just can't.
  • echo-smoker93
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can't lie, i don't dislike the game but i starting to regret to getting early. Could have bought Read Dead 2.
  • SneakyGunman
    378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Some YouTube star with 0 talent other than gossip crap doing review .

660k+ view and well over 58K likes begs to differ (at the time of this post).
    It's the highest exposure to BFV that' I've seen in the past 2 weeks.
    And the crescendo is the fact that it shows BFV in the negative light that it's in right now. Not a good look.
    How many of those 660K+ viewers were thinking about buying the game and then decided not to after the video?
    Just a thought.