Do Incendiary Rounds for the MG-42 actually do anything?

MONEYPYR0
828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Because it feels like they don't. Just played a round where my team was absolutely harassed by a bomber, and I seemed to be the only one trying to do anything by using my MG-42 with the IRs. I kept hitting the bomber, but never got any "vehicle damaged" points, so it feels like I did basically nothing to it. It was a bit frustrating honestly, partly because my team did absolutely nothing to help me, but also because my own efforts seemed to have no effect.

Comments

• GuangFuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It does damage to bombers, but not as much as fighters.

It's some sort of bug. Hit marker without vehicle damaged message. Flakpanzer IV also does not get vehicle damaged message against bombers, but it can shoot down bombers.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It does damage to bombers, but not as much as fighters.

It's some sort of bug. Hit marker without vehicle damaged message. Flakpanzer IV also does not get vehicle damaged message against bombers, but it can shoot down bombers.

It just felt like I was doing zero damage to the thing. Im not calling for a bomber nerf, I just wish we had more anti-air options available to infantry