Gotta love the hypocrisy...

MONEYPYR0
828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Of people complaining that Tides of War is delayed, but said that the game needed to be delayed. Which is it? Why are you upset that the main game wasnt delayed, but Tides of War was? ToW is being delayed to fix put some issues, the EXACT THING you all wanted the main game to be delayed for. You guys just want something to complain about, don't lie.

Comments

• Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There's only so many times things can be delayed before it just becomes tiresome.

/thread
  • ProAssassin2003
    3865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I bet the update didn't pass certification and since the content is included in the patch it got delayed. Probably broke something else
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    Of people complaining that Tides of War is delayed, but said that the game needed to be delayed. Which is it? Why are you upset that the main game wasnt delayed, but Tides of War was? ToW is being delayed to fix put some issues, the EXACT THING you all wanted the main game to be delayed for. You guys just want something to complain about, don't lie.

Which way to the Kool-Aid?
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know right?

You can never please this community.

• abc1434286920
    448 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    I know right?

Agreed, at the same time you seem very easy to please. Seemingly there's nothing that dice has done/ can do wrong if I go by your posts.
    I find myself in the middle. I am enjoying the game but if they don't act fast with good reason I might just join the hordes of complainers......I mean buff the panzerfaust?
    I need content and resolution of bugs as I am getting bored and frustrated already.
  • markg316
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    258.gif

Just wow
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know right?

Agreed, at the same time you seem very easy to please. Seemingly there's nothing that dice has done/ can do wrong if I go by your posts.
    I find myself in the middle. I am enjoying the game but if they don't act fast with good reason I might just join the hordes of complainers......I mean buff the panzerfaust?
    I need content and resolution of bugs as I am getting bored and frustrated already.

I have plenty of my own issues ranging from the EoR bug (which I just for the first time last night was able to play a full rotation since EA access trials) to assignments requiring you to leave the game etc.

I just don't post about them in every thread I'm in. I don't the feel the need to kick and scream at Dice because I played crap or one a bug happen for a life. I've already expressed my issues with Dice LA over bf1; And Le sauce can confirm I've had my rage moments in bfv already hell we've all had (99.9% of the times it's the blueberries)

Can I play bfv? Yes.
    Is it working for me? Yes.
    Am I having fun? Yes.

I'm let down by the cosmetics options we have etc but that doesn't prevent me from playing and enjoying a video games which is the entire point of it.

• BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's not hypocritical at all. The majority of the community think the game should've been further delayed. It would've prevented this dlc delay because they would have had more time for testing, QA and ironing out of bugs.

Is this not ogic?
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    It's not hypocritical at all. The majority of the community think the game should've been further delayed. It would've prevented this dlc delay because they would have had more time for testing, QA and ironing out of bugs.

Is this not ogic?

Because if you wanted the game delayed, but are complaining that ToW was delayed, you're basically saying "Well the game is already here, so I want my extra content NOW!!!", instead of "Oh, they found a couple of really big issues with ToW? Ya, I'm fine with letting them delay it so those can get fixed.". I don't see where the logic is that its fine if the game was delayed, but not fine that ToW is.

Edit: Plus there's the fact that its only been delayed by a day. And I'm fairly sure that its The Last Tiger, and the PR dropping tomorrow, not Panzerstorm and thr ToW challenges, which werent going to be out until Thursday anyways. I might be wrong on that though, maybe everything is coming out tomorrow. So in my personal opinion, everyone is a total entitled crybaby over the ToW delay, because one, the delay was a day, and two, they all wanted the base game delayed, so they should be glad when something gets delayed to smooth it out. Either way, once things start coming out tomorrow, I'm going to ask a mod to lock this thread, because it won't have relevance anymore.
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd rather the patch was delayed instead of getting a borked patch and then having to wait for a hotfix.
  • MONEYPYR0
    I'd rather the patch was delayed instead of getting a borked patch and then having to wait for a hotfix.

Im fine with it being delayed. I'm still having fun with the game, and will continue to do so. My point is that people were saying they'd be fine if the full game was delayed more, but god forbid their free content be delayed by a day.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

Is this not ogic?

Because if you wanted the game delayed, but are complaining that ToW was delayed, you're basically saying "Well the game is already here, so I want my extra content NOW!!!", instead of "Oh, they found a couple of really big issues with ToW? Ya, I'm fine with letting them delay it so those can get fixed.". I don't see where the logic is that its fine if the game was delayed, but not fine that ToW is.

Edit: Plus there's the fact that its only been delayed by a day. And I'm fairly sure that its The Last Tiger, and the PR dropping tomorrow, not Panzerstorm and thr ToW challenges, which werent going to be out until Thursday anyways. I might be wrong on that though, maybe everything is coming out tomorrow. So in my personal opinion, everyone is a total entitled crybaby over the ToW delay, because one, the delay was a day, and two, they all wanted the base game delayed, so they should be glad when something gets delayed to smooth it out. Either way, once things start coming out tomorrow, I'm going to ask a mod to lock this thread, because it won't have relevance anymore.

Did they not have a date set for the first tides of war chapter? They advertised this date everywhere.

Did they not release a trailer the day before this advertised date in order to further build excitement?

Did they not advertise and hold a live stream supposedly to show off the tides of war content?

Then they delay the whole thing less than 24 hours before its supposed to launch...

Yeah this episode not only warrants proper roasting, it demands it.

• crabman169

Is this not ogic?

Did they not have a date set for the first tides of war chapter? They advertised this date everywhere.

Did they not release a trailer the day before this advertised date in order to further build excitement?

Did they not advertise and hold a live stream supposedly to show off the tides of war content?

Then they delay the whole thing less than 24 hours before its supposed to launch...

So you are admitting to being a hypocrite?

I betcha if Dice had release the patch anyhow knowing that there would be issues you'd be among the first to make a thread about it.

How dare they discover at the last minute such things and decide to delay it (by a day no less) to give US the entitled spoilt brats a better experience.

People cry that every Dice patch breaks the game anyhow so we go even further down the Hypocrisy rabbit hole.

• MONEYPYR0

Is this not ogic?

Did they not advertise a date for when the game would be originally released?

Again, people complained the game should have been delayed by at least 6 months, but when ToW gets delayed by a single day, everyone starts complaining about it. I don't get the reasoning, other than "We're bored, we just want something to complain about".

• nmccormick2017
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Is this not ogic?

I betcha if Dice had release the patch anyhow knowing that there would be issues you'd be among the first to make a thread about it.

How dare they discover at the last minute such things and decide to delay it (by a day no less) to give US the entitled spoilt brats a better experience.

People cry that every Dice patch breaks the game anyhow so we go even further down the Hypocrisy rabbit hole.

Everyone to you is just a hypocrite. When buying triple A games you expect triple A quality. Before they clarified there was only one day delay people had every right to assume it might have been longer and would have been rightfully pissed. When you set deadlines you are meant to achieve your goal by that deadline. Just because you're a video game company doesn't mean you can be excluded from responsibility when it comes to making deadlines especially when the notice was so late and they were kind of slow to respond to the community. I'm not saying its a bad thing they delayed per say, i prefer a stable launch over a rushed buggy mess. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't be criticized for failing to make their deadline.
  • BaronVonGoon

Is this not ogic?

Lol ok I'm out..
  • ragnarok013
    3878 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Thread locked by request.
This discussion has been closed.