It's just not a good look, Dice

Comments

• Natetendo83
    1001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Fun fact as well......

**** has been censored on here from the start but no one complains.

A youtuber points out that white man is censored in chat and the forums go into melt down.

I love ForumField!

I mean at the very least it is somewhat comical that "white man" of all things is censored, intentionally or not. That's simply how I see it, just something humorous.

Oh I know but that fact that you haven't noticed that **** is censored here is even funnier!

Console peasant here, I don't notice chat censors because I have no chat.

#feelsbadman
  • fisknyllet17
    1715 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I kinda agree with op. As a gaming company their first priority should be to make a good game. There's also a certain degree of irony that the spirit of inclusiveness excludes alot of people from liking the game. By their own choice tho depending on views on everything from what a ww2 game should be to conservative political opinions about women (as far as I can tell).

Having said that. The world needs more inclusiveness. We have more in common than differences. Maybe more people and companies need to get involved. Why not a gaming company? A game would surely be their only medium if they did decide to try and make a change. Thus here we are.

As for myself I'm in a state of indifference. I do not understand nor care why people get so worked up about this. At the end of the day it's a video game. A game. I have better things to get worked up about. Like football (soccer). Now that's important. The last part was written without ironic intent. Maybe.
  • Trokey66
    7939 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @BaronVonGoon
    I've blurred out portions of the image and embedded that instead of your Original image so as to conform to the forum rules.

@LOLGotYerTags no worries. Thanks.

I have a feeling alot have missed the point of the thread and it's turning into a political discussion. The point is friction and drawing battlelines between a company and its customers isn't good especially at a time when the product is kind of struggling.

You should rename this thread "Choice is bad and DICE are evil for promoting it"

Really?? It's not the point. You're missing the point entirely. You got a mod who is 2 seconds away from locking the thread and I wouldn't blame him if he did. The point is when the game has issues and delays why are you as a studio trying to pick a fight with the community. I mean they JUST had a guy try to do that and we know the rest of the story. That's the point of the thread, not inclusion or politics.

Picking a fight?

The #NotmyBattlefield crowd were extremely and unnecessarily toxic over 'choice'. Despite that, and using some of the more colourful quotes, DICE are still insisting it is #EVERYONESBATTLEFIELD.

Now should they be doing this when there are bugs and issues to deal with?

Were the studios empty during the event?

Had work stopped so every employee could be there?

I strongly suggest that in either Stockholm and/or LA, these issues were being worked.
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    ITT people on a videogame forum tell one of the most successful companies in the world how to be successful.

Fortune 500 companies make marketing and PR mistakes all the time.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dral13 wrote: »
    munkt0r wrote: »
    ITT people on a videogame forum tell one of the most successful companies in the world how to be successful.

Fortune 500 companies make marketing and PR mistakes all the time.

I agree.

But they don't become Fortune 500 companies because they make mistakes all the time =)
  • Trokey66
    7939 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @LOLGotYerTags forum monster seems to have eaten my post, any chance you can work your magic?
  • SebastianYarric
    101 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am very ashamed to admit it, but I haven't played the story mode yet.
    I don't care too much about the story if the game is solid...
    When I had the time to play it, it was an ok experience in the MP when I found what I liked.
    I like domination so I never even tried the story mode that I consider as a bonus add-on from the devs.
    I personally don't like a lot of the development in MPS games some of it feels unneeded.
  • Trokey66
    edited December 2018
    Ignore........
  • Trokey66
    Cheers Lol.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11978 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited December 2018
    I agree that PR has been bad of late, And adding to that the delay on the patch for today.

But I was discussing this with a few of my friends earlier and I actually had to coin the phrase "you're damned if you do, And you're damned if you don't"

Sure, They COULD have pushed the patch out, But this would result in more anger from the community regarding the server instabilities

And on the flipside, The only other option is to delay the patch and this better ( for want of better word ) decision out of the 2 only real options has resulted in anger from the community too.

I was looking forward to completing the challenges for The Last Tiger War Story too :(

:edit:
    This is one of many reasons I couldn't work in the industry, The gaming industry is a minefield of bugs, glitches and communities lashing out in anger over some seemingly small things.
  • G-Gnu
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And probably too tight release schedules too
  • ElliotLH
    6727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree that PR has been bad of late, And adding to that the delay on the patch for today.

But I was discussing this with a few of my friends earlier and I actually had to coin the phrase "you're damned if you do, And you're damned if you don't"

Sure, They COULD have pushed the patch out, But this would result in more anger from the community regarding the server instabilities

And on the flipside, The only other option is to delay the patch and this better ( for want of better word ) decision out of the 2 only real options has resulted in anger from the community too.

I was looking forward to completing the challenges for The Last Tiger War Story too :(

This is one of many reasons I couldn't work in the industry, The gaming industry is a minefield of bugs, glitches and communities lashing out in anger over some seemingly small things.

That is a very valid point as some situations are simply a catch-22. I've also got to admit that while their PR has taken a hit they have ramped up communication, and that can only be a good thing.
  • G-Gnu
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

That is a very valid point as some situations are simply a catch-22. I've also got to admit that while their PR has taken a hit they have ramped up communication, and that can only be a good thing.

Though, i must say that OP´s picture begs the difference a bit.
    Sry OP but the pic is a bit political however you might twist it.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Don't really have much to add but...

I've got no problem with inclusiveness whatsoever but it does seem that Dice could consider taking a look at their PR right now as there is a lot of negativity which could be addressed. Sure they won't please everyone but they could certainly smooth over a lot of the blowback.

Agreed. I like the use of the word blowback. Governments always have to consider their decisions carefully prior to undertaking any actions because of the possibility of blowback. Dice should adopt some this stuff and think twice before posting things like that picture.
    G-Gnu wrote: »

Though, i must say that OP´s picture begs the difference a bit.
    Sry OP but the pic is a bit political however you might twist it.

Umm I don't disagree with that I was just trying in the op to steer the thread away from turning political because that smell attracts an angry mod with a giant padlock to lock the thread.
  • digga11
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

People tend to start chatting when their backs are against the wall they have no option tbh. It’s no catch 22 when you have had the chance to delay and taken it but failed to define a good date to deliver a product that would do the job. Overall that’s bad management. Delay the game ok, but delay it and it’s still a shambles not good then delay the update to sort the shambles and your getting in neck deep.
    From a business point of view if a employee tells me it’s done twice and it isn’t the future is not bright for them.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well said.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Actually have to edit that cos it's political hahah. But it seems all the big wigs of the world behave like this now. It's almost weird to see how they made so much money acting like kids but loads of stuff like this is happening all over at the minute, and I can't explain how or why cos it's been written on the post that you can't talk about politics haha.
  • digga11
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All this PR and political BS is just noise to me, I don't care. I get enough of this crap outside of gaming.

All I want is solid gameplay.

So do I and I’m just hoping that someone up high has pulled the plug on this and said enough is enough let’s get this sorted whatever it takes. If the red lights aint flashing now at hq then there’s something dramatically wrong.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!