Low K/D players will hate me for this.

mav_smileyface
1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
Any Tom ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ or Harry can run around capping flags throw out the odd ammo sack or revive to get a high score

Takes the skill of mixing all that! & killing more than the enemies kill you to be a really effective player.

So no let’s not ever remove kills and deaths because it’s a large indicator of how good they are at

Aiming
Positional awareness
Reading enemy movements
recoil control
Crowd control
Suppression
Counter sniping
Reload/weapon switching
Understanding bullet velocity/spread
Trigger speed 1 tap, triple tap & full auto
Hipfire
ADS

Anyone can do the capping, reviving throwing sacks.. not everyone can grasp the rest

End of story tbh

Comments

• ashar_saleem121
    1270 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What is strategic recoil control? Is there a non strategic version Im not aware of?
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is strategic recoil control? Is there a non strategic version Im not aware of?

Yep not being able to control horizontal or vertical recoil is situational gun fights

Non strategic recoil control would be rambling with 0 thought to what’s happening

Bring on the hate people im here to collect Salt
  • bran1986
    5827 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

There is recoil in this game?
  • mav_smileyface
    bran1986 wrote: »

Hey bran not seen you around hope you’re well
  • bran1986
    5827 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

Hey bran not seen you around hope you’re well

I'm doing ok, hope everything is well on your end as well.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1270 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yep not being able to control horizontal or vertical recoil is situational gun fights

Non strategic recoil control would be rambling with 0 thought to what’s happening

I think the term strategic recoil control is highly redundant. You either control recoil or you dont. There isnt anything strategic about it.

Reloads on the other hand can be highly strategic
  • mav_smileyface

I think the term strategic recoil control is highly redundant. You either control recoil or you dont. There isnt anything strategic about it.

Okay i get u
  • Hawxxeye
    6714 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    you missed the most important part OP:

Class and weapon choice...
  • ashar_saleem121

Okay i get u

Cheers
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any Tom **** or Harry can run around capping flags throw out the odd ammo sack or revive to get a high score

Takes the skill of mixing all that! & killing more than the enemies kill you to be a really effective player.

So no let’s not ever remove kills and deaths because it’s a large indicator of how good they are at

Aiming
    Positional awareness
    Reading enemy movements
    recoil control
    Crowd control
    Suppression
    Counter sniping
    Reload/weapon switching
    Hipfire
    ADS

Anyone can do the capping, reviving throwing sacks.. not everyone can grasp the rest

End of story tbh

So those guys prone with LMGs in Metro or Locker who just fired down the same hallway for the entire round and got a really high KDR on their stats as a result were in your view outstanding players?
  • arche289
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have low k/d and don't hate because of it. I have fun. I paid to play, so I get to try and have fun. Plus my revives help your k/d...lol. Anyway, this idea of skill is strange. It is like the game requires only elites play. If that's the case then there should be prerequisites. It's not like it's a competitive game lol...i don't make more money because I'm good at a game. Or I don't rank up in some league because of better stats.
  • mav_smileyface
    Any Tom **** or Harry can run around capping flags throw out the odd ammo sack or revive to get a high score

Aiming
    Positional awareness
    Reading enemy movements
    recoil control
    Crowd control
    Suppression
    Counter sniping
    Reload/weapon switching
    Hipfire
    ADS

End of story tbh

So those guys prone with LMGs in Metro or Locker who just fired down the same hallway for the entire round and got a really high KDR on their stats as a result were in your view outstanding players?

Did you read the post to be good you need to incorporate everything to be a good bf player..

Prone LMG sprayers who just lay there do not consitute good players
  • mav_smileyface
    arche289 wrote: »
    I have low k/d and don't hate because of it. I have fun. I paid to play, so I get to try and have fun. Plus my revives help your k/d...lol. Anyway, this idea of skill is strange. It is like the game requires only elites play. If that's the case then there should be prerequisites. It's not like it's a competitive game lol...i don't make more money because I'm good at a game. Or I don't rank up in some league because of better stats.

You’re right play the game how u wanna play man. This is simply a post to fight back at people who constantly hate on KD
  • arche289
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You’re right play the game how u wanna play man. This is simply a post to fight back at people who constantly hate on KD

I get it. This forum can get a bit toxic when it comes to discussions about skill and k/d. I just wish they had highlights showing most revives, and other highlights like they did in BF1
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I don't hate on KD/R ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, but I will say that the stat causes a lot of people to play the game in ways that they normally wouldn't if the stat was removed. If I notice as playing medic that if I have 7 kills and 10 death's? I immediately switch to the support class and find myself some lonely trail to set up camp and bushwack as many victims as I can to get my KD/R back up, then go back to handing out med pouches. LMAO! Oh the shame :smile:
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Aiming
    Positional awareness
    Reading enemy movements
    recoil control
    Crowd control
    Suppression
    Counter sniping
    Reload/weapon switching
    Hipfire
    ADS

End of story tbh

I m gonna make popcorn and wait for the haters to roll in. You want anything ?
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »

Aiming
    Positional awareness
    Reading enemy movements
    recoil control
    Crowd control
    Suppression
    Counter sniping
    Reload/weapon switching
    Hipfire
    ADS

End of story tbh

I m gonna make popcorn and wait for the haters to roll in. You want anything ?

A cold beer would be nice! :wink:
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's the harsh truth. Stats like caps/defends are full of even more problems.

You know those dozen turnips who in the initial flag run will stop at the gimmie A flag instead of running to help you cap C?

Well, they'd be encouraged to do so while the actual good player gets wrecked in a 10v1 and the enemy takes the most important point on the map.

Just one example. There's a lot more to good objective play and winning the game than merely being a body in cap zones or holding a button, but almost universally things that contribute to a win involve killing the enemy players more than they kill you (if for no other reason than dead enemies can't play the objective).
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Does this still hold true if you purely use the bomber for kills and the enemy team never puts up some fighter pilots to counter you?

Asking for a friend.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I went from getting 1st place in over 50% of my games to rarely getting first due to the new point system that was implemented in bf1. K:D ratio is the only indicator that I am doing well or not nowadays since coming in 1st is too difficult for my traditional boots on ground ptfo playstyle.
This discussion has been closed.