We have pushed a fix to address the issue with Rank 20 rewards. If you are missing your rewards for Class Rank 20, please play a match to completion and the Rewards should drop into your Armory.

Thanks for sticking with us.

Swap Assault and Medic guns

BL4CK_W4LL_
363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited December 4
Do that and TA DA! Tanks will be playable again due to the lack of Assault and people will get revived again because of the surge of medics. It'll be just like BF3 and BF4 where the engineer who was anti tank used carbines and the medic(assault) used assault rifles.

Balance restored

Comments

• DingoKillr
    2880 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No, it won't all you are doing is then making Medic the premier Anti-Infantry class that is unstoppable because of self healing and healers should not be the first through the door they should be behind.

Assault Rifle and Semi Auto need to be split. Giving SA or AR to Medic with SMG is not going to fix just make SMG obsolete and Assault either weak at CQB or range.

The best method I can think of with the current weapon formats.
    Recon get BA and SMG this could reduce the number of standing at range and allows for recon on more CQB maps.
    Assault get AR and SLR it will weaken range ability a little due to the SLR slower ROF
    Medic get SA this would give them the range to be behind the rest

This makes Recon/Support/Assault front fighters while Medic can keep up with them in a CQB squad or Medic guard on Recon/Assault/Support long range attack squad.
  • snakeater418
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Umm, it's actually not that bad the way it is now. You just have players who don't want to revive as medics and want to run and gun as assaults. Snipers belong in the back, supports at medium to close ranges, and assaults going first with medics right behind them to clear baddies away from dying teammates.
  • Aegis_Kleais
    323 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    +1 to making SMG's lethal in ideal SMG ranges.
    +1 to giving the Medic a mid-long range class that gives them Medic-ideal damage at that level.
    +100 to fixing the damn netcode.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    No, it won't all you are doing is then making Medic the premier Anti-Infantry class that is unstoppable because of self healing and healers should not be the first through the door they should be behind.

Assault Rifle and Semi Auto need to be split. Giving SA or AR to Medic with SMG is not going to fix just make SMG obsolete and Assault either weak at CQB or range.

Recon get BA and SMG this could reduce the number of standing at range and allows for recon on more CQB maps.
    Assault get AR and SLR it will weaken range ability a little due to the SLR slower ROF

This makes Recon/Support/Assault front fighters while Medic can keep up with them in a CQB squad or Medic guard on Recon/Assault/Support long range attack squad.

I'm just saying it has been a tried and true format for every battlefield except this one. The anti tank unit never had the best mid range guns, it was always the medic.

You can balance the medic self healing with cooldowns it's not that hard.

Dice gave frontline weapons to the medic which was the biggest mistake they could of made. Now games are overpopulated with assault which means more mines on the field and more panzerfausts in soldier's hands
  • BenBit13
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I'm just saying it has been a tried and true format for every battlefield except this one. The anti tank unit never had the best mid range guns, it was always the medic.

Dice gave frontline weapons to the medic which was the biggest mistake they could of made. Now games are overpopulated with assault which means more mines on the field and more panzerfausts in soldier's hands

We pretty much had the same problem we have now in bf1, where the medic had mid range guns and the assault had close range guns. I think it's not actually about the range the weapons work at, it's just about how well they perform in their intended range. DICE should simply make the medic guns stronger by increasing close range damage and the rate of fire and decreasing the spread on mid range and make the ars weaker by decreasing the close range damage. This would make the medic dominate in the intended close to close-medium range while still maintaining the assaults effetiveness and not making the medic overpowered. I mainly play medic in every single battlefield game and i never felt like i needed the range of an ar to do my job. In BF3 for example i actually mostly played pdws instead of ars because they were more effective for me, in BF1 i did the same with mostly playing the autoloading 8.25 and the m1907.
  • snakeater418
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Then stay out of vehicles. I haven't been killed by many panzerfausts outside of vehicles. Assault rifles? Yeah of course, but that's what they're supposed to be. I feel if switched, it would make the medics overpowered and the assaults underpowered.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    BenBit13 wrote: »

We pretty much had the same problem we have now in bf1, where the medic had mid range guns and the assault had close range guns. I think it's not actually about the range the weapons work at, it's just about how well they perform in their intended range. DICE should simply make the medic guns stronger by increasing close range damage and the rate of fire and decreasing the spread on mid range and make the ars weaker by decreasing the close range damage. This would make the medic dominate in the intended close to close-medium range while still maintaining the assaults effetiveness and not making the medic overpowered. I mainly play medic in every single battlefield game and i never felt like i needed the range of an ar to do my job. In BF3 for example i actually mostly played pdws instead of ars because they were more effective for me, in BF1 i did the same with mostly playing the autoloading 8.25 and the m1907.

I get what you are saying but the anti tank class was always more situational than the rest. Forcing the medic into close quarters on maps with mostly long sightlines near 100m or more just feels bad. Medic has been the defining class that made battlefield feel different than call of duty. People love getting revived and sadly I'm seeing less medics than I ever have.

Even with the SMG buffs due to the open map designs medic will always be the worst and least capable class. Oh and infinite heals mean little when automatic fire kills you instantly due to poor netcode.
  • snakeater418
    I see what you mean, I do hate having to constantly close distance on every enemy just to have a chance as a medic just to be sprayed by an ar in close range.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    If i could direct the medic I'd give:
    1. Semi-autos need to get to the medic for a more balanced engagement range
    2. SMG's need the buff that was due today
    3. Shotguns need to go to the assault
    4. Bolt-action should do more DMG up close so snipers have a reason to get into the objective and not camp all the time
    5. MMG's/LMG's need to be adjusted (havent figured out myself in what way since i dont like support)
    6. Maps need more hard-cover and cap-areas should be reduced so ppl dont camp the borders as much and fighting takes more space around the areas in general
    7. More recoil on every gun so tap-fire becomes more important(PC is just a laserbeam-fest)
    8. General bug-fixes (sound-design/net-code/vehicle balance/animations/etc.....)
    9. map-voting
    10. reworks on the specializations so they become meaningful

But thats just how i'd go about it
  • Brizzelsprout
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes semi auto should go to medic and shotgun to assault.

I wrote a long post about ways to help balance but it got lost in the mass of toxic hate on dice posts.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/167797/finding-better-balance#latest
  • ItsMeJamige
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personally the best fix would be a fifth class:

Assault: ARs and SA Rifles Grenade Launcher and maybe Dynamite/Mines
    Support: Same
    Medic: SMGs and SA Rifles
    Recon: Same
    Demolition: Explosive and AT gadgets = Shotguns and SMGs

Maybe even make SMGs, and SLRs all class weapons. That would be more like:

Assault: ARs
    Support: LMGs
    Recon: BA Rifles
    Medic: SA Rifles
    Demo: Shotguns

Each class then getting SMGs and SLRs.

Giving Medics the best guns would be ridiculous. As it stands now Assault has best anti-infantry and best anti-tank weapons. They have Dynamite, Mines, AT Grenades, and Launchers.
  • Aegis_Kleais
    323 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love Medic, but I don't want him to have assault-style weapons. SMGs buffed/balanced to be lethal at close ranges, and a mid/long range weapon that gives him the ability to semi-auto 3-4 shot kills at range. Right now, open maps are beyond nightmarish. I often have to waste smoke just to cover my movement, let alone bringing teammates back up.
  • fakemon64
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Right now there's just not enough smoke in the game to play with only smg's. I can't afford to pop smoke everytime i need to push or revive. Medics need second gun type. I hope they don't just turn smg's into hybrid rifles
  • Ferly_xxx
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What really annoys me is how useless smoke is at times due to the hitmarkers.
  • munkt0r
    2514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like the logic, but I worry that'd make medic too good of an option with their self-heal ability.

Maybe just take away the Turner SMLE + Gewehr(sp?) options in general would be better.
  • Dral13
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Medics don’t need the best guns.
  • bran1986
    4398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    I like the logic, but I worry that'd make medic too good of an option with their self-heal ability.

Maybe just take away the Turner SMLE + Gewehr(sp?) options in general would be better.

The problem is the self heals isn't nearly as strong as people make it out to be. If self heals were as strong as some say, you wouldn't be seeing servers with 3 or 4 medics in a 64 player match as you do now. You see dozens of assaults and supports. The ability to spawn in with a bandage, carry a bandage, and the ability to heal and resupply yourself at health stations that litter the map has greatly diminished the medic's self heal ability.

If the release version of the game was like it was in the alpha, where you didn't get a bandage and health station medpacks would only give you back 50 health and buddy revives only bringing you back to 35 health. I could then understand the worry of making medics too strong because in the alpha I would drop a lot of people in just 1 or 2 hits with both smgs and dmrs, but in the final version in rarely kill anyone that is low on health.

As for balance. The fast firing smgs need a max and minimum damage buff so they actually have an advantage while in their range. Come tomorrow, the assault class will have two of the strongest cqb weapons in the game which is asinine. The m1907 and Volk 1-5 will beat every smg in the game outside of the 900 rpm Suomi, and they still get a 2x headshot multiplier and a 50 meter 5 btk range. The 4 btk range needs to be extended out to 15 meters as well.

Dice made a good start with the upcoming smg buffs but a 30 meter 5 btk range for smgs built to compete at mid range isn't enough. It needs to go out at least another 5 meters. The spread nerf for smgs added with the bullet velocity buff and bullet drag nerf will allow smgs to sustain fire at range which will be a big help. It's ridiculous that a 512 rpm smg has more recoil and double the spread of a 599 rpm assault rifle. Medics need a second weapon class or a couple of mid ranged weapons from the assault class, giving medics assault rifles wouldn't be a good idea and it isn't needed IMO.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    Idk why but Dice really gave the high rpm submachine guns insane horizontal recoil. I play on console and I honestly cant use any of medic guns above 540rpm because I cant kill things fast enough outside 15 meters.

So I'm stuck using the sten or the mp40.

Oh and ive already done the mastery for the other classes so I know that the support class has the lewis gun which has the same rpm as the sten and mp40 but can get a 96 round magazine, a 3x scope, built in bipod, and virtually the same recoil.

I would trade my hip fire ability any day for all that.
  • bran1986
    4398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Idk why but Dice really gave the high rpm submachine guns insane horizontal recoil. I play on console and I honestly cant use any of medic guns above 540rpm because I cant kill things fast enough outside 15 meters.

So I'm stuck using the sten or the mp40.

Oh and ive already done the mastery for the other classes so I know that the support class has the lewis gun which has the same rpm as the sten and mp40 but can get a 96 round magazine, a 3x scope, built in bipod, and virtually the same recoil.

I would trade my hip fire ability any day for all that.

It's because dice for some reason gave smgs a crap ton of spread after the beta. You have assault rifles that fire as fast as a Thompson or Suomi but can still destroy targets at 30+ meters with ease while the Thompson and Suomi are bouncing all over the place with random recoil. Same reason why you have a 630 rpm MP28 kicking to the left and right after 2 or 3 bullets yet a 630 rpm Ke7 shoots lasers out to 60 meters.
  • Dral13
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Isn’t really fair to compare anything to the KE7 as it is probably the best gun in the game.