Throwing Knife BUFF! (1/15)

Gforce81
3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 16
With the 12/5 patch comes lots of changes, one of them being nerfs to the TK's

1.) You'll now have 2 instead of 6. This is fine, I think this is what everyone was expecting. I can deal

2.) Small buff: now able to headshot kill at any range. Cool I guess. I mean, any throw that is a headshot to begin with is so close quarters that it's always a headshot anyways. Not realy a buff in my eyes

And then the kicker:

Reduced maximum damage range from 13m to 6.5meters.

Whaaaaaaat?? Dude, a 50% range loss?? I don't even have to try the changes to know I'm against this.

Take the amount carried down, sure, make them non-resuppliable except by Supply Dyson station, but a 50% range loss is waaaaaay too heavy handed

6.5m is spitting distance. Totally sucks that an outlier like Stodeh who is a scout master class, streams everyday, wouldn't shut up about how "broken" they were and now here we are.
Post edited by Gforce81 on

Comments

• ashar_saleem121
    1243 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't even get to try them out. Should have while I had the chance. Might try them tonight to get my fill
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most of my kills with them have been point blank.
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    These changes are fine, they are still really good. Just use the revolver for slightly longer engagements or expect to knife+1 tap.
  • V2Face
    2671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I guess the Devs listened to their children when they went into balancing, nerfs and buffs because majority of them are stupid. The throwing animation in itself would get you killed due to the delay so you’d have to surprise players or hit unaware enemies. Having any type of damage drop off renders the throwing knives useful for only troll-ish purposes and not a serous pick over a grenade. Now scouts have 2 choices of grenades, it’s awful right now.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I haven't used it but I assumed it's a defensive, last resort kind of gadget? If you're caught as a sniper and you don't have time to switch to secondary, a quick knife throw is ideal. 13 metres and good players may start to use it aggressively which may go against the intended design.
  • Gforce81
    I'm a GD diehard

They aren't pushing me off my favorite weapon in the game, come hell or high water

If you play PS4 and find yourself thinking "Holy heck, who was that crazy Recon running around with the knives??" You've been...

G FORCED
  • BaronVonGoon
    6972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Where did you see this anyway? Did they release patch notes? I didn't see it in the partial notes they released a few days ago here.
  • Gforce81
    Where did you see this anyway? Did they release patch notes? I didn't see it in the partial notes they released a few days ago here.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/home/leaving?target=http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/dice-commerce/Casablanca/Update_Notes/20181205-01/Battlefield_V_Chapter_1_Overture_Update_12052018_FINAL.pdf

Also posted by Dan at the top of the page in patch confirmation thread
  • BaronVonGoon
    Gforce81 wrote: »

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/home/leaving?target=http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/dice-commerce/Casablanca/Update_Notes/20181205-01/Battlefield_V_Chapter_1_Overture_Update_12052018_FINAL.pdf

Also posted by Dan at the top of the page in patch confirmation thread

Nice. Thanks.
  • The_Doozie
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I had posted about the same thing, definitely agree, reduce the number fine...but cutting the damage range in half along with it? Seems a bit like let’s just squash any recon close quarter utility and help feed the “hill humper” narrative.
  • crabman169
    12846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I read this going wtf. I've been killed by throwing knives just once on the upper part in the cathedral on Devastation by a desperate recon. I've gotten one kill with it myself.

So thanks Stodeh I guess; ruin a class grenade slot because you were good with it?

2 knives and headshot was fine I don't get this castration of range though.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I really wanted to check them out cos they look enjoyable but the fact they're limited to recon, I never play recon. Gutted. Don't sound as good now though. If they've limited them to 2, they should give us a couple each on medic and assault haha
  • EccOMyth
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    Reduced maximum damage range from 13m to 6.5meters.

Whaaaaaaat?? Dude, a 50% range loss?? I don't even have to try the changes to know I'm against this.

Take the amount carried down, sure, make them non-resuppliable except by Supply Dyson station, but a 50% range loss is waaaaaay too heavy handed

6.5m is spitting distance. Totally sucks that an outlier like Stodeh who is a scout master class, streams everyday, wouldn't shut up about how "broken" they were and now here we are.

I think this make much more sense then 13m. Sorry i know the game isn't suppose to be realistic...but throwing a knife 13 meters or 42 feet in real life would never be possible and lethal. 6.6m or 21ft is much more plausible.

• SlowOldWarrior
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice has a long history of over-nerfing, their typical glide path looks like a yo-yo.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    They'll just be the next thing to add to the list of useless recon weapons/gadgets.

I expected the capacity reduction, but the range decrease definitely makes them useless. They're not fast enough to really use as a finisher.

I've only ever been killed by one once. It sucks they use the likes of Stodeh, one of the best players in the game, to make balance changes.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited December 2018
    (naming and shaming removed by moderator)
    Post edited by Carbonic on