Throwing Knife BUFF! (1/15)

Comments

• Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    With the 12/5 patch comes lots of changes, one of them being nerfs to the TK's

1.) You'll now have 2 instead of 6. This is fine, I think this is what everyone was expecting. I can deal

2.) Small buff: now able to headshot kill at any range. Cool I guess. I mean, any throw that is a headshot to begin with is so close quarters that it's always a headshot anyways. Not realy a buff in my eyes

And then the kicker:

Reduced maximum damage range from 13m to 6.5meters.

Whaaaaaaat?? Dude, a 50% range loss?? I don't even have to try the changes to know I'm against this.

Take the amount carried down, sure, make them non-resuppliable except by Supply Dyson station, but a 50% range loss is waaaaaay too heavy handed

6.5m is spitting distance. Totally sucks that an outlier like Stodeh who is a scout master class, streams everyday, wouldn't shut up about how "broken" they were and now here we are.
    I agree... And also, Stodeh is a cheater... Its been proven... There are videos on him showing he kill enemies without having the actual crosshair on the player and still killing it, and much much more... so dont call him scout master, aimbot and wallhack everyone looks like a pro... He dont even revive or ptfo very often either so,,,

Off topic but..... Pretty sure it is against the TOS to call someone out like this. ESP is hard to see if it is an overlay but I don’t see how you think he uses an aimbot, he misses shots and isn’t snappin left and right to targets.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Dral13 wrote: »

1.) You'll now have 2 instead of 6. This is fine, I think this is what everyone was expecting. I can deal

2.) Small buff: now able to headshot kill at any range. Cool I guess. I mean, any throw that is a headshot to begin with is so close quarters that it's always a headshot anyways. Not realy a buff in my eyes

And then the kicker:

Whaaaaaaat?? Dude, a 50% range loss?? I don't even have to try the changes to know I'm against this.

Take the amount carried down, sure, make them non-resuppliable except by Supply Dyson station, but a 50% range loss is waaaaaay too heavy handed

6.5m is spitting distance. Totally sucks that an outlier like Stodeh who is a scout master class, streams everyday, wouldn't shut up about how "broken" they were and now here we are.
    I agree... And also, Stodeh is a cheater... Its been proven... There are videos on him showing he kill enemies without having the actual crosshair on the player and still killing it, and much much more... so dont call him scout master, aimbot and wallhack everyone looks like a pro... He dont even revive or ptfo very often either so,,,

Off topic but..... Pretty sure it is against the TOS to call someone out like this. ESP is hard to see if it is an overlay but I don’t see how you think he uses an aimbot, he misses shots and isn’t snappin left and right to targets.

He is cheating period... Its been proven, think some guy even figured out what kind of hacks he was running... Are you surprised!? If you can make money on something well, money talks...
  • Getier
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This nerf is a bit harsh.

I’ve put in over 150+ hours, and I’ve been killed by throwing knives maybe 3-4 times.

Stodeh is a pro. He is the last person Dice should be concerned about.
    The average player will never play that way.

Throwing knives where a great way for Snipers to PTFO

I guess Dice really wants Snipers as far away as possible?

This. Most people including me will anyway only kill stationary targets with it. Its very hard to hit a moving target, especially on console.
  • Hawxxeye
    7776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Do people even know how hard is to hit people who are moving with these things?
    Even before the nerf I preferred to carry the smoke grenades of the frag.
    DICE you are out of touch. At least make it so we can retrieve the knives from the ground after use if we can get to them. They are not firearms that are spent after use
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

And then the kicker:

He is cheating period... Its been proven, think some guy even figured out what kind of hacks he was running... Are you surprised!? If you can make money on something well, money talks...

You need to provide evidence.
    I’ve seen his streams, he’s a good player, and nothing he does is out of the ordinary, he’s just good.
    You’re gonna call someone a cheat you best provide evidence. Otherwise you look like a fool.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm a GD diehard

They aren't pushing me off my favorite weapon in the game, come hell or high water

If you play PS4 and find yourself thinking "Holy heck, who was that crazy Recon running around with the knives??" You've been...

G FORCED

You are not the only one I have 243 throwing knife kills. Guess I’m gonna have to start throwing for faces :/
  • SirSouthpaw
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't get this Nerf Either… sure the Throwing knife is a 1 hit kill, but it's still a Skill 'canon'. it really is not as easy as it looks.

secondly, the Scout class don't have muc defensive items for up close encounters against other 3 classes.. its either the pistol or the throwing knife..

I mean, damn comon, the throwing knife is skill and epicly fun.

I really don't understand why this has to be nerfed, It think it is perfect as it is right now v1.0
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

And then the kicker:

I take it Stodeh sniped you at one point so you've been calling him a hacker ever since

Lmao this is golden
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    They'll just be the next thing to add to the list of useless recon weapons/gadgets.

I expected the capacity reduction, but the range decrease definitely makes them useless. They're not fast enough to really use as a finisher.

I've only ever been killed by one once. It sucks they use the likes of Stodeh, one of the best players in the game, to make balance changes.

Same, killed once. I have sixteen kills with them, but the real kicker is my accuracy with them. Are you ready: 16 percent (sixteen). Sure, maybe a fifth of the 99 throws were discards when equipped proactively and threat passes, but even adjusting for it that would make 20 percent. BFTracker doesn't show hits, but I'm pretty sure all my hits were kills, perhaps bar one. The model of initial delay was difficult for me grasp, and I was planning on practicing them on the newly added range. Not gonna bother anymore, with the nerfs and general Scout Semi-Auto ineffectiveness.
    Just for reference, I'm not particularly bad with them. Stodeh has an accuracy of 22 percent, whilst you are clearly using them in a more care-free manner (no disrespect). So they were clearly a high-skill weapon class. Now they are a joke, just like everything about Scout (except the head hitbox for bolt-action gods such as Drunkkz3, Stodeh and Dazs).
    For comparison, my accuracy with the Obrez in BF1 at 86 service stars was 55 percent. Fifty five. Discounting the arm modifiers, it had similar effective range for OHK. There is no comparison in practical performance, even unnerfed the throwing blades came nowhere close to the Obrez for me. Even though the Obrez was not that reliable and revolvers would have made more sense, I still liked how it was balanced and what utility I could derive from it. The blades now have no similar redeeming qualities, grenades are more versatile.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    crabman169 wrote: »

And then the kicker:

I take it Stodeh sniped you at one point so you've been calling him a hacker ever since

Lmao this is golden

He cant... I play on Xbox... So my opinion about this is objective and I watch him for months, before I came to my conclusion... Also I dont think he is using his hacks all the time either (wallhack he using more often tho), but the aimbot part is there too sometimes... And I still think he very good player when hes not using it, but my guess would be its about having some spectacular content, to get more viewers and in the end also make more money...

It brings me no joy in saying these things, I was a fan for long time over his vids, he inspired me alot, but things are what they are... Dont shoot the messenger...
  • dinobass
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't recon much, and I think most players like me would NEVER choose throwing knives now. Maybe there are ways to buff the nerf: start with 2 knives and max 3 (like assault gadgets), or resupply knives with ammo pouches (like bullets)? The one advantage knives had (for a sub-par recon like me) was the quantity.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe

And then the kicker:

You need to provide evidence.
    I’ve seen his streams, he’s a good player, and nothing he does is out of the ordinary, he’s just good.
    You’re gonna call someone a cheat you best provide evidence. Otherwise you look like a fool.

Well, I kinda just did, but that post disappeared for some reason... Not suprised by that either...
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

And then the kicker:

Lmao this is golden

He cant... I play on Xbox... So my opinion about this is objective and I watch him for months, before I came to my conclusion... Also I dont think he is using his hacks all the time either (wallhack he using more often tho), but the aimbot part is there too sometimes... And I still think he very good player when hes not using it, but my guess would be its about having some spectacular content, to get more viewers and in the end also make more money...

It brings me no joy in saying these things, I was a fan for long time over his vids, he inspired me alot, but things are what they are... Dont shoot the messenger...

Seeing as you play on console, you might not have a solid understanding on what is possible on PC. I've watched Stodeh for two years now, and I'm as certain as I can be that he is clean, unlike some other streamers. The final deciding factor is that he performs exactly the same on invite events, against better opposition, on unfamiliar hardware. Unlike some other streamers.

Most certainly he is not wallhacking, and as far as aiming goes, there are even better legit players. With regard to kills from slightly misplaced crosshairs, that just a game engine thing. Sometimes you get awarded consolation kills you didn't earn, sometimes you are denied earned kills, all due to networked conditions, latency and netcode.
  • Clarence_6000
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I tried them one. Hit a enemy at point blank range in the chest.. Got a hitmarker. Never gonna touch them again.
    Throwing knives/axes doesn't belong in BF imo.
  • Hawxxeye
    7776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I tried them one. Hit a enemy at point blank range in the chest.. Got a hitmarker. Never gonna touch them again.
    Especially the variety that vanishes from existence after landing somewhere
  • MachoFantast1c0
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Especially the variety that vanishes from existence after landing somewhere

No kill trades within 30 meters feels incredibly unfair when you hear your killing shot go off/see knife fly and observe them hitting, only for their effect to be negated.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe

And then the kicker:

Lmao this is golden

Seeing as you play on console, you might not have a solid understanding on what is possible on PC. I've watched Stodeh for two years now, and I'm as certain as I can be that he is clean, unlike some other streamers. The final deciding factor is that he performs exactly the same on invite events, against better opposition, on unfamiliar hardware. Unlike some other streamers.

Most certainly he is not wallhacking, and as far as aiming goes, there are even better legit players. With regard to kills from slightly misplaced crosshairs, that just a game engine thing. Sometimes you get awarded consolation kills you didn't earn, sometimes you are denied earned kills, all due to networked conditions, latency and netcode.

I knew you were gonna say this... I havent always played battlefield on xbox... I played battlefield 4 on pc for a long time as a example, m&k is superior for aim in fps games for sure... But this is not about he shooting thru some smoke, fast scoping some or getting som nice OHK to the head, I do this all the time... This about a video were you actually can se he is using hacks, just having to slow it down to 0,25 speed... Most important part in that video is at 0:04, that part is what convinced many of us defending him against these kinds of claims, that he actually wasent 100% legit...

Ehm, I have no Idea what you been seeing him playing on the event, but man, he does not play as good on the invite event lol... And there are other fanboys like you that even agree with me there, instead they defending him with ”since he is not playing with his own setting”... On those events he miss alot (and I mean ALOT) of his shots, I play better on my Xbox one x then that lol... Much better... lol...

• TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Great job DICE!
    I agreed that six knives were too much, but reducing the range to basically standing on your enemies is too much. If at all, this should have come in tandem with a speedier throwing animation or a shorter delay before you can throw a second knife.
    Recons have few enough incentives to get into close quarters and PTFO as it is and for some reason that seems to be what DICE wants.
    I probably will continue using them as I weirdly feel compelled to PTFO even at a severe disadvantage but I assume many others will grab grenades now and stay further away....
  • Hawxxeye
    edited December 2018
    TheSacar wrote: »
    Great job DICE!
    I agreed that six knives were too much, but reducing the range to basically standing on your enemies is too much. If at all, this should have come in tandem with a speedier throwing animation or a shorter delay before you can throw a second knife.
    Recons have few enough incentives to get into close quarters and PTFO as it is and for some reason that seems to be what DICE wants.
    I probably will continue using them as I weirdly feel compelled to PTFO even at a severe disadvantage but I assume many others will grab grenades now and stay further away....

Even before the nerf I decided I preferred to carry smoke grenades so I can rush or creep into enemy positions under the cover of smoke and gun them down with my P38 handgun which ironically is a more reliable weapon than the (recon) primaries for objective play, if I survive, I will pick up a non recon weapon from the ground.