Throwing Knife BUFF! (1/15)

Comments

• TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    TheSacar wrote: »
    Great job DICE!
    I agreed that six knives were too much, but reducing the range to basically standing on your enemies is too much. If at all, this should have come in tandem with a speedier throwing animation or a shorter delay before you can throw a second knife.
    Recons have few enough incentives to get into close quarters and PTFO as it is and for some reason that seems to be what DICE wants.
    I probably will continue using them as I weirdly feel compelled to PTFO even at a severe disadvantage but I assume many others will grab grenades now and stay further away....

Even before the nerf I decided I preferred to carry smoke grenades so I can rush or creep into enemy positions under the cover of smoke and gun them down with my P38 handgun which ironically is a more reliable weapon than the (recon) primaries for objective play, if I survive, I will pick up a non recon weapon from the ground.

But I want to keep my bolt-action rifle :neutral:
    I'm not so much a fan of smoke. Chances are it is as much of a hindrance to you as it is to the other side....
  • AddyRazz
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't even get to try them out. Should have while I had the chance. Might try them tonight to get my fill

same here, didn't get to test.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    With the 12/5 patch comes lots of changes, one of them being nerfs to the TK's

1.) You'll now have 2 instead of 6. This is fine, I think this is what everyone was expecting. I can deal

2.) Small buff: now able to headshot kill at any range. Cool I guess. I mean, any throw that is a headshot to begin with is so close quarters that it's always a headshot anyways. Not realy a buff in my eyes

And then the kicker:

Reduced maximum damage range from 13m to 6.5meters.

Whaaaaaaat?? Dude, a 50% range loss?? I don't even have to try the changes to know I'm against this.

Take the amount carried down, sure, make them non-resuppliable except by Supply Dyson station, but a 50% range loss is waaaaaay too heavy handed

6.5m is spitting distance. Totally sucks that an outlier like Stodeh who is a scout master class, streams everyday, wouldn't shut up about how "broken" they were and now here we are.
    I agree... And also, Stodeh is a cheater... Its been proven... There are videos on him showing he kill enemies without having the actual crosshair on the player and still killing it, and much much more... so dont call him scout master, aimbot and wallhack everyone looks like a pro... He dont even revive or ptfo very often either so,,,

I take it Stodeh sniped you at one point so you've been calling him a hacker ever since

Lmao this is golden

He cant... I play on Xbox... So my opinion about this is objective and I watch him for months, before I came to my conclusion... Also I dont think he is using his hacks all the time either (wallhack he using more often tho), but the aimbot part is there too sometimes... And I still think he very good player when hes not using it, but my guess would be its about having some spectacular content, to get more viewers and in the end also make more money...

It brings me no joy in saying these things, I was a fan for long time over his vids, he inspired me alot, but things are what they are... Dont shoot the messenger...

Seeing as you play on console, you might not have a solid understanding on what is possible on PC. I've watched Stodeh for two years now, and I'm as certain as I can be that he is clean, unlike some other streamers. The final deciding factor is that he performs exactly the same on invite events, against better opposition, on unfamiliar hardware. Unlike some other streamers.

Most certainly he is not wallhacking, and as far as aiming goes, there are even better legit players. With regard to kills from slightly misplaced crosshairs, that just a game engine thing. Sometimes you get awarded consolation kills you didn't earn, sometimes you are denied earned kills, all due to networked conditions, latency and netcode.

I knew you were gonna say this... I havent always played battlefield on xbox... I played battlefield 4 on pc for a long time as a example, m&k is superior for aim in fps games for sure... But this is not about he shooting thru some smoke, fast scoping some or getting som nice OHK to the head, I do this all the time... This about a video were you actually can se he is using hacks, just having to slow it down to 0,25 speed... Most important part in that video is at 0:04, that part is what convinced many of us defending him against these kinds of claims, that he actually wasent 100% legit...

Ehm, I have no Idea what you been seeing him playing on the event, but man, he does not play as good on the invite event lol... And there are other fanboys like you that even agree with me there, instead they defending him with ”since he is not playing with his own setting”... On those events he miss alot (and I mean ALOT) of his shots, I play better on my Xbox one x then that lol... Much better... lol...

Can you DM me a link to the video you are talking about?
  • MommyHacks
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm fine with the range reduction its not like they were very useful beyond a couple meters anyway.
    Should be 3 knives instead of 2 tho.
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Huh.. that kind of defeats the point. You may as well just melee them.

I've had some good fun with the throwing knives but have only been killed four times by them so I'd never, ever consider them OP. The whole point was being able to kill at a reasonable range whilst sneaking around objectives. If they can no longer OHK at around 10 metres, then they're going to be next to useless because if they don't OHK, you're going to give yourself away and get shot by your target, or have to use a pistol to finish them off.

And so begins the process of homogenising a new Battlefield into the same-old same-old bland shooter.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They nerfed the throwing knives, so hard. There not even available.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Its not just me then? Stupid developers at dice break everything.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Was about to say the same thing. Says it's unlocked at lvl 9 but im already at max.

GG
  • simonalmquest
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is BS, don't think i've ever been killed by a throwing knife, and only use it myself as a last resort. i need 6 as i'm a crap shot.
  • realMartiniHenry
    152 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why only 2 of those bad boys now?

Rather make them more skillbased that they only 1 hit kill on headshot, but let us have more then 2 of them. 6 was perfect. Would also be good if they where retrivable.
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is BS, don't think i've ever been killed by a throwing knife, and only use it myself as a last resort. i need 6 as i'm a crap shot.

Yeah, they're not the easiest to use against a moving target. I guess it's just the usual vocal minority who tend to be quite skilful and make them look too easy to use, or just don't like getting killed by them.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Its not just me then? Stupid developers at dice break everything.

I wanna test the nerf out, but it’s locked.

I seriously don’t understand this nerf. Kotaku wrote an article a week ago saying how OP the knives where, and sure enough they had a link to Stodehs video.

I really don’t understand the agenda some people had towards them?

There’s lots of OP stuff in the game.
    Dynamite can kill multiple people in one blast.
    Piat launcher can kill troops from behind cover.
    Why the knives?
    They actually required some skill, where’s there’s so much other OP bs that a blind toddler could farm kills with!
  • Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    Most of my kills with them have been point blank.
    Well that IS what they're for, right? So I don't see an issue that you can't snipe with them lol.
  • Hawxxeye
    7511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I seriously don’t understand this nerf. Kotaku wrote an article a week ago saying how OP the knives where, and sure enough they had a link to Stodehs video.
    Did they? Typical garbage media trying to induce panic instead of getting their facts straight.
    The only thing that one should conclude out of Stodeh's videos is that his genetic material needs to be preserved and studied for posterity.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Did they? Typical garbage media trying to induce panic instead of getting their facts straight.
    The only thing that one should conclude out of Stodeh's videos is that his genetic material needs to be preserved and studied for posterity.

Yup.
    Very weird article, and I doubt the person who wrote it even based it off their own experience, and just wrote it about Stodeh.

I know Dice had plans to nerf them, but I think they panicked after seeing Stodehs videos.

I enjoy Stodehs videos, but man you can’t nerf something based off that!
    He’s like the Usain Bolt of Battlefield!
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Should be 3 and 10m tbh. This is a blatant over nerf and the removal of one of the most fun pieces of equipment in bf5
  • ShizukuEnju
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    if you consider that you have to literally stab someone three time if you are in a face to face situation you should consider throwing knife is still op.
  • GPaulstr
    52 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good, nerf all recon related stuff. You guys are useless edge of the map campers.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lol, apparently there is another nerf I wasn't aware of

Some players are reporting the TK's being locked out of their inventory, saying level 9 needee when the player is already max Recon
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    if you consider that you have to literally stab someone three time if you are in a face to face situation you should consider throwing knife is still op.

It's not a melee weapon though but a replacement for grenades. So the comparison doesn't work. And how is this OP compared to shotguns?
    GPaulstr wrote: »
    Good, nerf all recon related stuff. You guys are useless edge of the map campers.

Yes, nerf all things that might induce recons to play the objective thereby pushing them to the edge of the map.... You have it all wrong, buddy.