Throwing Knife BUFF! (1/15)

Comments

• realMartiniHenry
    152 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GPaulstr wrote: »
    Good, nerf all recon related stuff. You guys are useless edge of the map campers.

The community is sadly full of people like GPaulstr, who want to see anything get nerfed, on which they themself die on.

People who are tank only player do not want to have infantry focused maps.

People who are infantry only player do not want to have tank focused maps.

Some people do not want to have sniper in the game.

Some people want that assault players can only use smg.

Some people even find the throwing knives op and whine long enough, to get them nerfed.

Most people say Dice is ruining the game, but the thing which ruins the game most, at the moment, are selfish people who complain about anything else then their own playstyle.

• dandop_oq7r7ppf
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GPaulstr wrote: »
    Good, nerf all recon related stuff. You guys are useless edge of the map campers.

The only thing useless was when you stated your opinion....
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    With the 12/5 patch comes lots of changes, one of them being nerfs to the TK's

1.) You'll now have 2 instead of 6. This is fine, I think this is what everyone was expecting. I can deal

2.) Small buff: now able to headshot kill at any range. Cool I guess. I mean, any throw that is a headshot to begin with is so close quarters that it's always a headshot anyways. Not realy a buff in my eyes

And then the kicker:

Reduced maximum damage range from 13m to 6.5meters.

Whaaaaaaat?? Dude, a 50% range loss?? I don't even have to try the changes to know I'm against this.

Take the amount carried down, sure, make them non-resuppliable except by Supply Dyson station, but a 50% range loss is waaaaaay too heavy handed

6.5m is spitting distance. Totally sucks that an outlier like Stodeh who is a scout master class, streams everyday, wouldn't shut up about how "broken" they were and now here we are.
    I agree... And also, Stodeh is a cheater... Its been proven... There are videos on him showing he kill enemies without having the actual crosshair on the player and still killing it, and much much more... so dont call him scout master, aimbot and wallhack everyone looks like a pro... He dont even revive or ptfo very often either so,,,

I take it Stodeh sniped you at one point so you've been calling him a hacker ever since

Lmao this is golden

He cant... I play on Xbox... So my opinion about this is objective and I watch him for months, before I came to my conclusion... Also I dont think he is using his hacks all the time either (wallhack he using more often tho), but the aimbot part is there too sometimes... And I still think he very good player when hes not using it, but my guess would be its about having some spectacular content, to get more viewers and in the end also make more money...

It brings me no joy in saying these things, I was a fan for long time over his vids, he inspired me alot, but things are what they are... Dont shoot the messenger...

Seeing as you play on console, you might not have a solid understanding on what is possible on PC. I've watched Stodeh for two years now, and I'm as certain as I can be that he is clean, unlike some other streamers. The final deciding factor is that he performs exactly the same on invite events, against better opposition, on unfamiliar hardware. Unlike some other streamers.

Most certainly he is not wallhacking, and as far as aiming goes, there are even better legit players. With regard to kills from slightly misplaced crosshairs, that just a game engine thing. Sometimes you get awarded consolation kills you didn't earn, sometimes you are denied earned kills, all due to networked conditions, latency and netcode.

I knew you were gonna say this... I havent always played battlefield on xbox... I played battlefield 4 on pc for a long time as a example, m&k is superior for aim in fps games for sure... But this is not about he shooting thru some smoke, fast scoping some or getting som nice OHK to the head, I do this all the time... This about a video were you actually can se he is using hacks, just having to slow it down to 0,25 speed... Most important part in that video is at 0:04, that part is what convinced many of us defending him against these kinds of claims, that he actually wasent 100% legit...

Ehm, I have no Idea what you been seeing him playing on the event, but man, he does not play as good on the invite event lol... And there are other fanboys like you that even agree with me there, instead they defending him with ”since he is not playing with his own setting”... On those events he miss alot (and I mean ALOT) of his shots, I play better on my Xbox one x then that lol... Much better... lol...

Can you DM me a link to the video you are talking about?

Just search for him on youtube, the title of the video is called ”every clip is this bf5 video looks like cheating”, and its on his own channel... He posted it for fun, and for some other reasons...

Watch the part 0:04 - 0:20 aswell as 0:46 - 0:48 in 0,25 speed...

I cant talk about this anymore now... Apparently you only allowed to say nice things about public figures in here, no matter true or not... The rules seem to be hard on that one...

But hey, at least racism is allowed, or well not officially according to the rules, but it never gets taken down either from what Ive seen...
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They need to increase projectile speed of the knife to compensate for this nerf. The throwing knife was already a bit unreliable
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just search for him on youtube, the title of the video is called ”every clip is this bf5 video looks like cheating”, and its on his own channel... He posted it for fun, and for some other reasons...

I cant talk about this anymore now... Apparently you only allowed to say nice things about public figures in here, no matter true or not... The rules seem to be hard on that one...

But hey, at least racism is allowed, or well not officially according to the rules, but it never gets taken down either from what Ive seen...

I happen to ave watched this video and I was wondering what made him shoot that door at 0:04 in the first place. On the other hand why would he be so stupid to post videos of him actually cheating. You do realize that he earns money by playing Battlefield and posting videos? That would be like stealing office supplies from work but explicitly only doing so while your boss is watching you. Most of the other shots were situatuins I had myself. Luck in the most parts.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

I guess a bunch of my throwing knife kills in this video would be invalid if this was taken post patch.

So much for battlefield moments.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I guess a bunch of my throwing knife kills in this video would be invalid if this was taken post patch.

Yeah, I imagine this won't be happening anymore:

I'm not putting them away. F THAT.

I looked at the actual distance in game last night (small FYI for those who don't know: when you R1 spot the orange hitmarker also displays your distance from the mark)

6.5 meters is crazy short distance. 13 was maybe a little much, but halving the range is way too heavy handed.

I'm gonna be EXTRA PISSED if they've made it so you're doing minimum damage starting at 13 meters. Tagging a guy for 30-50 damage at 13m with a TK is a joke. I haven't had a chance to play since patch and test it out, but I'm worried.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_

Yeah, I imagine this won't be happening anymore:

I'm not putting them away. F THAT.

I looked at the actual distance in game last night (small FYI for those who don't know: when you R1 spot the orange hitmarker also displays your distance from the mark)

6.5 meters is crazy short distance. 13 was maybe a little much, but halving the range is way too heavy handed.

I'm gonna be EXTRA PISSED if they've made it so you're doing minimum damage starting at 13 meters. Tagging a guy for 30-50 damage at 13m with a TK is a joke. I haven't had a chance to play since patch and test it out, but I'm worried.

Judging by your video and mine the biggest balance problem was the amount of knives you got. Maybe in your case how quickly you can throw them back to back was also an issue. But its definitely an over nerf
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    TheSacar wrote: »

I happen to ave watched this video and I was wondering what made him shoot that door at 0:04 in the first place. On the other hand why would he be so stupid to post videos of him actually cheating. You do realize that he earns money by playing Battlefield and posting videos? That would be like stealing office supplies from work but explicitly only doing so while your boss is watching you. Most of the other shots were situatuins I had myself. Luck in the most parts.

Because it’s a good way to discredit those people that accuse him of doing it, while at the same time look good... Just make a video on youtube with a mix of some clips were he hacks with some others were he dont, and then less people will question him when they see something simular in the future...

The thing you should be asking yourself is, why did he feel the need to suddenly make a video like this and post it for everyone to see... I suggest you read all the comments to that video, some very valid points there...
  • Fryseboxen
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dral13 wrote: »
    These changes are fine, they are still really good. Just use the revolver for slightly longer engagements or expect to knife+1 tap.

1. If you live long enough to throw a knife and then fire, congratz you just ran into another scout in CQB or someone completely braindead.
    2. The revolver damage falloff is quite severe, outside of 5m it's a 3 hit kill, see 1 for explanation if you got a kill.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    6 was too many
  • KumanoChinpei
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Throwing Knife was one of good moments of BFV. Its too much nerf.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Haha. Permanently locked for me it appears. Good quality control at DICE apparently. Wish I could work like that and keep my job.
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    Haha. Permanently locked for me it appears. Good quality control at DICE apparently. Wish I could work like that and keep my job.

i hope they fire the whole dev team.
  • OldSkoolIce
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When I read the article from Kotaku webstie about throwing knives being an problem, I knew it was going to get nerf (lol). Why have 6 of them in an online multiplayer game in the first place?
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When I read the article from Kotaku webstie about throwing knives being an problem, I knew it was going to get nerf (lol). Why have 6 of them in an online multiplayer game in the first place?

I can deal with having 2, that part is fine.

What is NOT fine is the 50% range reduction
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I can deal with having 2, that part is fine.

What is NOT fine is the 50% range reduction

what is even worse is that i cant even select the knife
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fryseboxen wrote: »
    Dral13 wrote: »
    These changes are fine, they are still really good. Just use the revolver for slightly longer engagements or expect to knife+1 tap.

1. If you live long enough to throw a knife and then fire, congratz you just ran into another scout in CQB or someone completely braindead.
    2. The revolver damage falloff is quite severe, outside of 5m it's a 3 hit kill, see 1 for explanation if you got a kill.

If you aren’t prefiring you’re doing it wrong.
  • masa420Shake
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    ill take a refund and a ban go ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ yourselves EA. unfinsihes broken trash to beign with, cant finish the game b ut have time for nerfs? gtfo. done with ea for life
  • WhiteWolf_W3
    88 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Must nerf those overpowered recons!11!!11!1!1!1!

*Meanwhile DICE developers are playing support and living in their own bubble pretending nothing is wrong*

The longer they take to address TTK in relation to range and how anyone half competent in the area of aiming can invalidate a recon and also be effective at all ranges, the more likely i am to leave. I usually try not to get like this, but sniper has always been my thing and it is in a poor state in this game currently.
    EccOMyth wrote: »
    Reduced maximum damage range from 13m to 6.5meters.

Whaaaaaaat?? Dude, a 50% range loss?? I don't even have to try the changes to know I'm against this.

Take the amount carried down, sure, make them non-resuppliable except by Supply Dyson station, but a 50% range loss is waaaaaay too heavy handed

6.5m is spitting distance. Totally sucks that an outlier like Stodeh who is a scout master class, streams everyday, wouldn't shut up about how "broken" they were and now here we are.

I think this make much more sense then 13m. Sorry i know the game isn't suppose to be realistic...but throwing a knife 13 meters or 42 feet in real life would never be possible and lethal. 6.6m or 21ft is much more plausible.

You should do your research before making statements correcting people. The accurate and lethal range is about 10 yards, or just over 9 meters, it can travel double that length and be lethal still yet loses trajectory however not much velocity. If you ever watch a throwing knife instructor the increment they use to teach is exactly 10 yards to the target.

A skilled cricketer can throw a cricket ball around 100m, a cricket ball weighs 155g. A throwing knife weighs 200g, yet is designed to "float". Sure the throwing action is different but just look at that comparatively there.