Throwing Knife BUFF! (1/15)

Comments

  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ive used them since the nerf and if I happen to not get inside the needed 1 hit range I swap to pistol and pop them.

    Now most of the time I need them is rounding a corner and someone is right there, or I’m getting chased and I bait them to follow me then wait with knife ready.
  • JackL1vely
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    Ive used them since the nerf and if I happen to not get inside the needed 1 hit range I swap to pistol and pop them.

    Now most of the time I need them is rounding a corner and someone is right there, or I’m getting chased and I bait them to follow me then wait with knife ready.

    Since the nerf, you need crazy good aim to make that work, and it won't even OHK anymore. I hit a dude in the chest at around 8 feet away, and he kept on gunning me down. I managed to get a couple of pistol shots off and kill him first, but you'd have thought the knife to the chest would have put him down first already.

    Recon are really not in a good place right now. I'm convinced Dice think they need to nerf them even more though.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Headshots are near impossible with this knife. The 1hk range needs to be at least 8m. I've got people with them and they didn't die. I was surprised how close 6.5 meters was. It must of been 7m or 8m when I hit them.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    Ive used them since the nerf and if I happen to not get inside the needed 1 hit range I swap to pistol and pop them.

    Now most of the time I need them is rounding a corner and someone is right there, or I’m getting chased and I bait them to follow me then wait with knife ready.

    Do you think the kill time of the knife plus pistol is faster than just going for 2 or 3 hits with the revolver? Unless you've already got the knife in your hand and ready to throw, I can't see how it would be worth using it over just going for the kill with your pistol alone.
  • Red1Warning
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's a weird nerf. Sure, in the right hands the knives were hilariously deadly, but most people don't have the skill to kill reliably with them. And how often did people get killed by them? I think 2 - 3 times in my case ever since release day.
  • Sleepyhed666
    51 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My problem with them was the fact that you needed to stab someone 4 times to kill them with a knife but one of these bad boys anywhere on the body was an insta kill? I didn't understand that.
  • JackL1vely
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My problem with them was the fact that you needed to stab someone 4 times to kill them with a knife but one of these bad boys anywhere on the body was an insta kill? I didn't understand that.

    I see your point about melee being comparatively weak (it feels useless in 90% of the situations you'd normally use melee weapons for) but the throwing knife was not always a OHK. Before the nerf, I'd consistently land shots with it that would not kill. I don't know if this was a bug, but it certainly didn't feel great, considering how difficult they are to aim with, as well as how long they take to throw and how long the pause is before you can throw another.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    Ive used them since the nerf and if I happen to not get inside the needed 1 hit range I swap to pistol and pop them.

    Now most of the time I need them is rounding a corner and someone is right there, or I’m getting chased and I bait them to follow me then wait with knife ready.

    Do you think the kill time of the knife plus pistol is faster than just going for 2 or 3 hits with the revolver? Unless you've already got the knife in your hand and ready to throw, I can't see how it would be worth using it over just going for the kill with your pistol alone.

    The TTK definitely sucks I usually have them in hand when I do the pistol swap or my enemies so far have no situational awareness lol
  • Jarek-CZE
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Throwing knives damage now 96- 99% - BRAVO DICE :D
    TOP weapons now pistols and revolver - 1-2 bullets and kill, funny
  • JackL1vely
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jarek-CZE wrote: »
    Throwing knives damage now 96- 99% - BRAVO DICE :D
    TOP weapons now pistols and revolver - 1-2 bullets and kill, funny

    Do you have any evidence for this, because in my experience, this is never the case, and it seems like bias might be tipping your argument a little here.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My problem with them was the fact that you needed to stab someone 4 times to kill them with a knife but one of these bad boys anywhere on the body was an insta kill? I didn't understand that.

    Well technically if you’re in the takedown zone the Melee would be a 1 hit kill as well.
    I’ve been killed by people who override my bullets, because they activated the takedown animation.
    Throwing knifes are also hard to spam, given the cool down, so that balanced it out.
    And now their even weaker, because Dice doesn’t want the Sniper class to even be somewhat capable of CQC
    Assualts can Snipe, or do CQC, and kill people behind walls, and take out entire groups with Dynamite or the piat launcher. No issues their. But those Snipers sure needed a nerf lol.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The range is just too short. And it's becoming more and more noticable the more I use them.
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Never really understood this nerf. It was already safer to just use your pistol most of the time, the knives were just something fun to use once in a while.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The range is just too short. And it's becoming more and more noticable the more I use them.

    I don't know what the chances of this are, hopefully DICE doesn't think they've adjusted the TK's so now they're "fine" and won't revisit them. They are not fine

    I don't even expect them to fully revert it. I can compromise, bring us up to 10m OHK range and I'll be happy.

    These situations where I carefully aim at a guy running past who didn't see me, chuck my knife, and get it to connect for 80 damage is so deflating. Yes, you can quick tap him with a pistol, but that kinda defeats the purpose

    6.5m is just too short
  • masa420Shake
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    ill take a refund and a ban go **** yourselves EA. unfinsihes broken trash to beign with, cant finish the game b ut have time for nerfs? gtfo. done with ea for life

    Like I said, I'll take a ban and you can have your trash game license too.
    You guys save accounts after you ban them? Pretty sure deleting that way is a thing. ;]
  • masa420Shake
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    Ive used them since the nerf and if I happen to not get inside the needed 1 hit range I swap to pistol and pop them.

    Now most of the time I need them is rounding a corner and someone is right there, or I’m getting chased and I bait them to follow me then wait with knife ready.

    Since the nerf, you need crazy good aim to make that work, and it won't even OHK anymore. I hit a dude in the chest at around 8 feet away, and he kept on gunning me down. I managed to get a couple of pistol shots off and kill him first, but you'd have thought the knife to the chest would have put him down first already.

    Recon are really not in a good place right now. I'm convinced Dice think they need to nerf them even more though.

    Games a joke, they wanna knerf TK buuut they can go thru a metal helmet.....rofl EA logics🤣
    Latest kill for me, was relatively close to target, pre garbage update wouod have been an easy kill.... now, 1 knife to the back fo 50 points of damage.... shlulda got me killed. Then I get a "headshot" with a knife....makes that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ helmet sound....
    Sure it doesnt take 2 headshots? Why not 3 like an lmg?...
    Or my bad I forgot math and ballistics, throwning knives obviously have more penetration and ftlbs then MMG/LMG.... hows that ea stock doing?🤣🤣
  • VegasBlack317
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Complete horse sh**. I distroy with knives because I actually died many times trying to learn how to use them. I'm sorry but I thought this was a skills base game and we get a penalty for being skilled. I am super upset that I can only pack 2 at a time, but get stuck with one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ that I can put away unless I throw it. At the very least put in an auto retrieval system for thrown knives dont give into noobs who want max payoff for the least amount of effort.
  • Hawxxeye
    7518 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Complete horse sh**. I distroy with knives because I actually died many times trying to learn how to use them. I'm sorry but I thought this was a skills base game and we get a penalty for being skilled. I am super upset that I can only pack 2 at a time, but get stuck with one **** that I can put away unless I throw it. At the very least put in an auto retrieval system for thrown knives dont give into noobs who want max payoff for the least amount of effort.

    yeah, they are knives ffs, they are not something that is spent after thrown like a grenade.
  • JDOGMcFUZZL
    125 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I do agree that the throwing knife range is to short now. Its vasically worthless. I think it should be about 10 meters. But its just to lame now.
  • Hawxxeye
    7518 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do agree that the throwing knife range is to short now. Its vasically worthless. I think it should be about 10 meters. But its just to lame now.
    It takes more time before you can throw another knife too
Sign In or Register to comment.