Throwing Knife BUFF! (1/15)

123457»

Comments

• KumanoChinpei
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After the nerf I have never seen who uses throwing knife.
    This is what Dice want?
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    I can still count the times I died to a throwing knife with my fingers

Yeah I’ve died maybe 2 times to them but I already got the 300kill gold tag for them. I use them a lot especially for prone campers I sneak up on

working my way there bit by bit.

Been distracted with other classes at the moment, but I have my eyes on that gold dogtag ;)

Nice I got all classes to level 20 but that m30 drilling or m1a1 carbine call to me a lot.

For me, it's interesting been the MMG's that I've been going back to here and there.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    I can still count the times I died to a throwing knife with my fingers

Yeah I’ve died maybe 2 times to them but I already got the 300kill gold tag for them. I use them a lot especially for prone campers I sneak up on

working my way there bit by bit.

Been distracted with other classes at the moment, but I have my eyes on that gold dogtag ;)

Nice I got all classes to level 20 but that m30 drilling or m1a1 carbine call to me a lot.

For me, it's interesting been the MMG's that I've been going back to here and there.

They for sure have a place as well feeling like Rambo with the large belted mg42
  • Gforce81
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    Yeah, 6.5m is the exact kill range now. I've had sooo many land for just 99 damage

My counter to this has been to try and swap to my pistol when possible before I throw, and expect at least 1-2 shots to clean up the target

It sucks when you land a stick that you expect to kill so you move your aim, but the guy doesn't die so you have to re aim. At least when you have your sidearm prepared, you'll have a little more chance

That’s my strategy if im on an afternoon objective as a scout I have my side arm out already as is. If I think someone is around the corner I have the knife ready to throw. You can always cancel the throw and don’t have to waste the knife

How do you cancel the throw? I've never been able to, I've pressed a variety of keys to attempt to but it never works?

I believe as you are holding down the button that throws the knife(grenade button) you press the reload button it will look like you throw it but the count stays the same. Works with grenades as well.

I’ll verify that’s the right button next time I play

Dear forum gods,

May I please upvote this comment 15 billion times?

I'm so jazzed to know there is a cancel xD

Lawrd all the wasted knives thrown into sandbags, corners, my teammates legs, I mourn for thee in light of this newfound, glorious knowledge
  • NyfyMcnyferson
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Man only 2. 3-4 would’ve been better. I prefer 6 but understandably I see why it’s annoying getting dropped like that
  • Gforce81
    Man only 2. 3-4 would’ve been better. I prefer 6 but understandably I see why it’s annoying getting dropped like that

Yeah, 2 is rough. One thing you can do tho:

Anytime an enemy dies for any reason, he drops one of those little ammo packs. It doesn't matter if you kill him or a squadmate, or a team member; anyone

Those packs will give you 1 throwing knife back each, so you can cycle through +3 guys with the right positioning if you can keep resupplying yourself
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    Yeah, 6.5m is the exact kill range now. I've had sooo many land for just 99 damage

My counter to this has been to try and swap to my pistol when possible before I throw, and expect at least 1-2 shots to clean up the target

It sucks when you land a stick that you expect to kill so you move your aim, but the guy doesn't die so you have to re aim. At least when you have your sidearm prepared, you'll have a little more chance

That’s my strategy if im on an afternoon objective as a scout I have my side arm out already as is. If I think someone is around the corner I have the knife ready to throw. You can always cancel the throw and don’t have to waste the knife

How do you cancel the throw? I've never been able to, I've pressed a variety of keys to attempt to but it never works?

I believe as you are holding down the button that throws the knife(grenade button) you press the reload button it will look like you throw it but the count stays the same. Works with grenades as well.

I’ll verify that’s the right button next time I play

Dear forum gods,

May I please upvote this comment 15 billion times?

I'm so jazzed to know there is a cancel xD

Lawrd all the wasted knives thrown into sandbags, corners, my teammates legs, I mourn for thee in light of this newfound, glorious knowledge

Thanks lol it also worked In Bf1 from my light anti tank grenade into planes days I could cancel the grenade with out throwing it if the plane went off course of where I wanted to throw.

• beat_strandh
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    make throwing knife great again!

On console this nerf is ridiculous, the delay and range are stupid. I can live with the amount though.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    make throwing knife great again!

On console this nerf is ridiculous, the delay and range are stupid. I can live with the amount though.

The thing that gets me the most is the delay between throws. This I really don't get. Why do I need to wait to throw my second knife? I am in close quarters armed just with a knife against SMGs and assault rifles and I have to wait to throw my knife? Why?
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How many times have you thrown them expecting it to be a grenade?
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How many times have you thrown them expecting it to be a grenade?

Several times. Once got an accidental head shot kill at almost 30 meters with a throwing knife that was meant to be a grenade :smiley:
  • DE4TH5TROKE
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This nerf ruined the gadget it is now unplayble... From my experience this kind of nerfs will bring a game down (the old republic comes to mind)
  • Gforce81
    WE HAVE SUCCESS!!

Take a gander at this link!

Range for throwing knives is being bumped from 6.5m to a full 10m!

Dude, I'm so friggin jazzed for this. That extra 4 meters will make a world of difference. I'm so tired of ENEMY HIT: 99
    on a shot that should have reapply easily been a kill

I would like to say a genuine thank you to the devs for this change. It may be a tiny, inconsequential part of the game for some; it's a buff to my favorite weapon in the game
  • JackL1vely
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    WE HAVE SUCCESS!!

Dude, I'm so friggin jazzed for this. That extra 4 meters will make a world of difference. I'm so tired of ENEMY HIT: 99

I would like to say a genuine thank you to the devs for this change. It may be a tiny, inconsequential part of the game for some; it's a buff to my favorite weapon in the game

• Imabaka70
    Whhhoooooooo I mean I will still aim for the head on stationary targets but this will make me happy again with throwing knives. 10k kills here I come
  • beat_strandh
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WE HAVE SUCCESS!!

AWESOME! I think that is a good balance. Than you DICE for listening.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nice to see Dice agreed with my 10m suggestion.

Though all this time apart from the knife made me really appreciate the smoke grenade. And also the revolver for CQC shooting from the hip.

Smoke grenades to get them impossible squad revives makes me glad I run ptfo recon.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Throwing knives are so strong now that you can draw them from your waist and throw them at the enemy by using the Force.

• Gforce81
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE: 1/15:

Just wanted to shout-out the devs at DICE who saw fit to undo some of the effect from the initial throwing knife nerf. With the 1/16 patch comes some much needed changes for the throwing knives:

1.) OHK zone being buffed from the current 6.5m to a full 10 meters. It may not seem like much, but that extra 4 meters before damage drop-of will be so so so useful.

2.) 40% reduction in delay between being able to throw knives. I wasn't aware of this one being worked on, BUT I'LL TAKE IT!! Always nice to be able to down 2 guys simultaneously when you get the drop on both of them.

Thought I'd post some of my recent TK shenanigans co commemorate this dark time:

• Gforce81
    Like Aloe Vera medicated gel on a 2nd degree sunburn, the TK buff is a wonderful soothing salve.

Jumped right in last night with Recon, the buff is so nice. There were a few instances I made my toss and immediately yanked out my sidearm, expecting to need to finish the guy and was pleasantly surprised when he died.

Even more than the +4 meters to OHK range, I'm loving the delay reduction. It's slight, but a very welcome addition. Now if you come across 2 unaware enemies, you have a much better chance at taking them down quickly, efficiently, and silently.

I think the delay reduction will be helpful in learning the proper "lead" distance for the TK's, you can throw them quicker so you'll have more "tries" to land the stick.

Add in our newly super-buffed MKIV revolver and it's like XMAS.

Jumped out of a window from the 2nd floor, failing to notice 2 enemies approaching from across the street. I landed and immediately tried to go supine thinking "dammit, bad move. I'm done for"

Swapped to revolver and dropped the first guy, and partially thanks to the 2nd guys potato aim, I was able to stick him in the face for the engagement-win