Anyone get any WW2 vibes at all?

Comments

• munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    munkt0r wrote: »
    Not sure, I wasn't in WW2.

But you must have seen Band of Brothers and/or Saving Private Ryan......

Why you quotin' muh trollin' ?? =p

• fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think some people just want the american hollywood ww2 that starts and ends on d-day. I love how this ww2 game feels more global then just americans coming to europe to save the day
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    None whatsoever, its better to try and forget its supposedly based loosely on WW2
  • zePokar1
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cod UO and 2 were great ww2 games. I think they have done a good job with the uniforms, tanks and planes making them look like ww2 in BFV. But I agree that the gameplay feels like modern war with everyone running around with fast shooting laser weapons + 3 x scope. There's no real 1x1 fights, but only who see who first. I never thought i would say this, but I would also rather have a BF1 version of ww2.

Did you play MOHAA? I was addicted to that game.

What did you play Mohaa on ? I played it on PC for years in multiplayer Objective realism mode. I was part of some good european teams on Clanbase at the time haha. Good old days.
  • OldSkoolIce
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I got more WW2 vibes from BF1 honestly Hah. They really should've set this game in Vietnam in my opinion or like an alternate history WW2 (like if the **** hadn't been defeated in Europe or something). I think they saw how much money codww2 made and some dumb executive at EA went "Make a new WW2 game!! Let's oversaturate this market! I don't play video games so I don't care".

Ahhh the good old hate bandwagon!

It was actually the 'community' that wanted a WW2 game after BF1, DICE did a survey and that time period won.

Laser beam automatic weapons? Again, thank the 'community' for that, they wanted faster TTK and no RBD.

Google images of Rotterdam in the 40's.

I could go on but you get the picture.....

Oh yeah, I did remembered fanbase/community wanted an BF World War 2 video game as well. But, I don't think they asked for laser beam automatic weapons (lol). One question: what's RBD? As for WW2 vibes, nah! It feels like I'm playing BF WW2 in modern warfare setting game & I didn't say a word!
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I dont think the majority of the community would have liked a more immersive/realistic ww2 experience. imagine how many people would be complaining if iron sights were forced on them? or semi-automatics? How many people would scream bloody murder if the weapons were faction specific? Know that i'd stand behind all those changes, but i also know in my heart that this playerbase just wouldnt agree with it.
  • diagoro
    1592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Spawn beacon.....need we say more?
  • suffice_ls
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    4. And I hate to say this, I didn't think this would be an issue either, but allowing players to choose their gender/race also rips me out of it. If this were a game set in modern times I wouldn't bat an eye at it. But when I'm playing as a german and I'm revived by a black woman, I just kind of say, "huh oh yea that's right, this is what I'm playing."

Comment of the day.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    2. Non faction specific weapons. I didn't think this would be a problem, and I commend them for sticking to it with the vehicles but spawning as a german with a bren, or lee enfield, etc just feels wrong, I don't feel like I'm playing for one side or the other. And I don't think people are too opposed to this either, it works well for many games based on that era.

Faction-specific weapons wouldn't work besides in a set gamemode for it in my opinion, coming from experience in RO2/RS. Don't get me wrong, I'm not personally one who felt particularly annoyed about it but man were there plenty of players who'd switch to the German team given the immediate chance just because they wanted to use an MkB(42) or an MG34/42 rather than any of the Russian guns, and God forbid you wanted to play a Rising Storm campaign because most of the time it seemed like people would immediately quit if they found they'd loaded in as the Japanese and they just wanted to run and gun with a BAR or Garand.
    Heck, most of the time if you saw someone who was a "Hero" meaning they could spawn with guns of the other nation, you'd see them using German or American stuff (not so sure about the latter, I actually don't remember seeing many Japanese heroes).
  • Trokey66
    9028 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I got more WW2 vibes from BF1 honestly Hah. They really should've set this game in Vietnam in my opinion or like an alternate history WW2 (like if the **** hadn't been defeated in Europe or something). I think they saw how much money codww2 made and some dumb executive at EA went "Make a new WW2 game!! Let's oversaturate this market! I don't play video games so I don't care".

Ahhh the good old hate bandwagon!

It was actually the 'community' that wanted a WW2 game after BF1, DICE did a survey and that time period won.

Laser beam automatic weapons? Again, thank the 'community' for that, they wanted faster TTK and no RBD.

Google images of Rotterdam in the 40's.

I could go on but you get the picture.....

Oh yeah, I did remembered fanbase/community wanted an BF World War 2 video game as well. But, I don't think they asked for laser beam automatic weapons (lol). One question: what's RBD? As for WW2 vibes, nah! It feels like I'm playing BF WW2 in modern warfare setting game & I didn't say a word!

Random Bullet Deviation and yes, many people wanted it removed. Remove RBD without replacing it with decent recoil you get laser beam weapons.
  • Natetendo83
    1029 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Can somebody explain why this response even remotely makes sense? We have a lot of media that is actually from WWII. Like we even have raw footage from D-Day of all things.

When people are talking about the WWII vibe they are talking about an aesthetic that matches actual historical documentation, photography, and film. Saying "I wasn't physically present" is kind of irrelevant seeing as we have first hand footage from people who actually were.
  • fakemon64

Can somebody explain why this response even remotely makes sense? We have a lot of media that is actually from WWII. Like we even have raw footage from D-Day of all things.

When people are talking about the WWII vibe they are talking about an aesthetic that matches actual historical documentation, photography, and film. Saying "I wasn't physically present" is kind of irrelevant seeing as we have first hand footage from people who actually were.

i think the biggest problem is when most people think ww2, they dont think africa or belgium, they jump straight to normandy and Bastogne
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    simple....no.
  • Trokey66
    9028 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

No, they talk about the Holywood version of WW2, Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan etc.

Until and unless you actually experience something, you will never know how that thing 'feels'.
  • asadqureshy
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    D-day wasn't the only thing in WW2. The locations are defintately WW2 accurate as are the weapons. Yes, fine the women soliders, and lack of swastikas etc takes away from it a bit, but they had to add women soliders etc for all teh diff types of players. this has a global feel, WW2 was very apparent in middle east, Norway etc. not just the beaches of france. im sure they will add americans/russians etc in the future. but for now, the immersion is there. seeing a tiger tank roll by with a STuka dropping a bomb in the air while i lay some fire down with a MG32..whats the problem
  • xXPvZMaster420Xx
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

No, they talk about the Holywood version of WW2, Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan etc.

Until and unless you actually experience something, you will never know how that thing 'feels'.

• RePlayBoy101
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    BF1 felt a lot more how I would imagine WW1 in an arcade FPS, BFV fails in about every aspect to me as things seem so unrealistic vibrant colorful and way too fast paced.

bf1 felt nothing like a ww1 scenario ... bfv is closer to ww2 than bf1 is to ww1

what did u expect anyway?... bfv is actually prety close to ww2 as it can get
  • Natetendo83
    1029 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

But that's disingenuous to the argument itself. Clearly the argument is in favor of a game that matches the aesthetics of the raw footage. People like Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers because they took extra care to be as authentic to that footage and history as possible.

We have raw footage from Africa as well, so again there is no reason to say to people that they have no idea what it was like when we can literally look at it in motion.
  • TwinGunsLLP
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    I dont think the majority of the community would have liked a more immersive/realistic ww2 experience. imagine how many people would be complaining if iron sights were forced on them? or semi-automatics? How many people would scream bloody murder if the weapons were faction specific? Know that i'd stand behind all those changes, but i also know in my heart that this playerbase just wouldnt agree with it.

Those are everything I wanted in this game lol! ;)
  • Trokey66

But that's disingenuous to the argument itself. Clearly the argument is in favor of a game that matches the aesthetics of the raw footage. People like Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers because they took extra care to be as authentic to that footage and history as possible.

We have raw footage from Africa as well, so again there is no reason to say to people that they have no idea what it was like when we can literally look at it in motion.

Gentleman's dangly bits.

Watching something on telly is in no way comparable. Unless you are I'll, you will never poop your pants while watching WW2 on your sofa.