Anyone get any WW2 vibes at all?

Comments

• TwinGunsLLP
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    BF1 felt a lot more how I would imagine WW1 in an arcade FPS, BFV fails in about every aspect to me as things seem so unrealistic vibrant colorful and way too fast paced.
    bfv is actually prety close to ww2 as it can get

Just....no. lol

• OldSkoolIce
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    I got more WW2 vibes from BF1 honestly Hah. They really should've set this game in Vietnam in my opinion or like an alternate history WW2 (like if the **** hadn't been defeated in Europe or something). I think they saw how much money codww2 made and some dumb executive at EA went "Make a new WW2 game!! Let's oversaturate this market! I don't play video games so I don't care".

Ahhh the good old hate bandwagon!

It was actually the 'community' that wanted a WW2 game after BF1, DICE did a survey and that time period won.

Laser beam automatic weapons? Again, thank the 'community' for that, they wanted faster TTK and no RBD.

Google images of Rotterdam in the 40's.

I could go on but you get the picture.....

Oh yeah, I did remembered fanbase/community wanted an BF World War 2 video game as well. But, I don't think they asked for laser beam automatic weapons (lol). One question: what's RBD? As for WW2 vibes, nah! It feels like I'm playing BF WW2 in modern warfare setting game & I didn't say a word!

Random Bullet Deviation and yes, many people wanted it removed. Remove RBD without replacing it with decent recoil you get laser beam weapons.

Oh, okay. That's what RBD meant & thank you!
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    Not sure, I wasn't in WW2.

Can somebody explain why this response even remotely makes sense? We have a lot of media that is actually from WWII. Like we even have raw footage from D-Day of all things.

When people are talking about the WWII vibe they are talking about an aesthetic that matches actual historical documentation, photography, and film. Saying "I wasn't physically present" is kind of irrelevant seeing as we have first hand footage from people who actually were.

No, they talk about the Holywood version of WW2, Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan etc.

Until and unless you actually experience something, you will never know how that thing 'feels'.

But that's disingenuous to the argument itself. Clearly the argument is in favor of a game that matches the aesthetics of the raw footage. People like Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers because they took extra care to be as authentic to that footage and history as possible.

We have raw footage from Africa as well, so again there is no reason to say to people that they have no idea what it was like when we can literally look at it in motion.

Gentleman's dangly bits.

Watching something on telly is in no way comparable. Unless you are I'll, you will never poop your pants while watching WW2 on your sofa.

not to mention most of what we know or see on ww2 is just some side's propaganda one way or the other, especially those video reels and clips(why do you think they were recorded).
  • Natetendo83
    1029 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Can somebody explain why this response even remotely makes sense? We have a lot of media that is actually from WWII. Like we even have raw footage from D-Day of all things.

When people are talking about the WWII vibe they are talking about an aesthetic that matches actual historical documentation, photography, and film. Saying "I wasn't physically present" is kind of irrelevant seeing as we have first hand footage from people who actually were.

No, they talk about the Holywood version of WW2, Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan etc.

Until and unless you actually experience something, you will never know how that thing 'feels'.

But that's disingenuous to the argument itself. Clearly the argument is in favor of a game that matches the aesthetics of the raw footage. People like Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers because they took extra care to be as authentic to that footage and history as possible.

We have raw footage from Africa as well, so again there is no reason to say to people that they have no idea what it was like when we can literally look at it in motion.

Gentleman's dangly bits.

Watching something on telly is in no way comparable. Unless you are I'll, you will never poop your pants while watching WW2 on your sofa.

Again, that's besides the point. People know what WWII looks like thanks to the footage we have. When people are talking about the WWII vibe, they are talking about the footage. Ignore the literal idea of feeling something, for some reason you're stuck on that. The point is that when people talk about an authentic WWII look, they have plenty of footage to refer to and whether you admit it or not that footage causes people to have reactions and feel emotions. There are other WWII games out there that do a good job of recreating those reactions, and people are wishing DICE did more of that with this game.

You are literally being petty by bringing up things like pooping yourself and all that. This isn't a difficult concept, you're just being rude about it.
  • hawkseye17
    586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do somewhat. I just hope if/when the USSR is brought into the game, that can change. Nothing screams WWII better than the Battle of Stalingrad
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hawkseye17 wrote: »
    I do somewhat. I just hope if/when the USSR is brought into the game, that can change. Nothing screams WWII better than the Battle of Stalingrad

Hopefully they'll only equip half the team with a rifle and the other half with extra ammunition.
  • Natetendo83
    1029 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hawkseye17 wrote: »

Wake Island would like a word ;)
  • Trokey66
    9032 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Gentleman's dangly bits.

Again, that's besides the point. People know what WWII looks like thanks to the footage we have. When people are talking about the WWII vibe, they are talking about the footage. Ignore the literal idea of feeling something, for some reason you're stuck on that. The point is that when people talk about an authentic WWII look, they have plenty of footage to refer to and whether you admit it or not that footage causes people to have reactions and feel emotions. There are other WWII games out there that do a good job of recreating those reactions, and people are wishing DICE did more of that with this game.

You are literally being petty by bringing up things like pooping yourself and all that. This isn't a difficult concept, you're just being rude about it.

I'm being petty!

OK.
  • Austacker
    444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Not really, no.

This is pretty much just another franchise offering with a WW2 skin, but there's no feel for a WW2 setting for me at all.

Everytime I hear a female character scream in game I roll my eyes.

This game went political and failed history miserably.

It's still a 'fun' game, but this is about as WW2 as Star Wars in terms of it's adaption and representation of history.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Austacker wrote: »

Not really, no.

This is pretty much just another franchise offering with a WW2 skin, but there's no feel for a WW2 setting for me at all.

It's still a 'fun' game, but this is about as WW2 as Star Wars in terms of it's adaption and representation of history.

Do you have any actual examples of what you'd like to see for it to have said vibe?
  • Natetendo83

Not really, no.

Do you have any actual examples of what you'd like to see for it to have said vibe?

Ditch the women, make uniforms specific to their actual nations (currently the British can wear American gear, looks weird), I wouldn't mind them getting rid of some of the more cheeky soldier chatter ("hello old friend" comes to mind), etc.

This is strictly for the WWII vibe, for the record. Gameplay wise I'm having a lot of fun, but the WWII aesthetic is certainly off a bit.
  • munkt0r

Not really, no.

Ditch the women, make uniforms specific to their actual nations (currently the British can wear American gear, looks weird), I wouldn't mind them getting rid of some of the more cheeky soldier chatter ("hello old friend" comes to mind), etc.

This is strictly for the WWII vibe, for the record. Gameplay wise I'm having a lot of fun, but the WWII aesthetic is certainly off a bit.

Everything you just said is just skin related...you get that right?
  • Natetendo83

Not really, no.

I know, but we are talking about the vibe of the game. I already said the game is a lot of fun, but a few of the WWII aspects of things are off.

I mean turning everybody into running Big Foots would also just be skins, but it would look off too. So the point stands.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Not really, no.

Not him but i would call it atmosphere related and skins can be a part of that. One small example: with the latest update you can buy the same officer hat like the one of the Tank Commander in " The last Tiger ". The main difference: for the Multiplayer its bound with a face cloth and i cant use it together with the googles which you can also buy. The same Googles that the Tank commander has on the hat.
    And while the Commanders Outfit for sure gave me immediately thew WW 2 vibe, the related skins for the multiplayer push me off.
    I know, i know could be seen at nitpicking and a minor thing but to me is just another small part of the Mosaic which is Battlefield 5 and which isnt giving me any WW 2 feeling.
  • Player_dhfjh4re
    137 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree that we could have tons over tons of historically accurated uniforms, helmets, backpacks, all of them faction related and looking even cooler than the current ones, with tons of options for customization. Imagine the german snipers with a zeltbahn flying around, like the cloaks in BF1. Or a british paratrooper denim jacket. On this, Call of Duty WWII did a generally far better job. I just hope that DICE won't keep us with only two factions, ALLIES and AXIS, like Call of Duty WWII, but give us proper Soviets, Americans, Japanese, etc.

Personally, for trying to keep the game a bit more """realistic"""", while I unlock weapons I try to equip my Allies and Axis team with coherent weaponary, starting a match with turners, stens, brens and lee enfields and gewehr 43, mp40s, mg34s and Karabiner respectively, for example.
  • suffice_ls
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2018

No it isn't. It would be more WW2-like than it currently is if they stuck circus clowns and space aliens in as playable characters.

Seriously though, BattleFail V is definitely NOT "prety" close to ww2 as it can get.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    suffice_ls wrote: »

No it isn't. It would be more WW2-like than it currently is if they stuck circus clowns and space aliens in as playable characters.

Seriously though, BattleFail V is definitely NOT "prety" close to ww2 as it can get.

the problem is that the majority of the playerbase wouldnt support the changes that would turn this game into a more immersive/realistic ww2 experience. They have to keep a balance between casual solo play, competitive squad play, and what some would cal 'milsim' type things. imo, the biggest problem with this game is that they try to appeal to too many people at once.
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Right now I get more WW2 feeling from it than I got a WW1 vibe from that alternate reality “what if universe” WW1 game BF1.

The uniforms are certainly “off” and the allies have a horrible mish mash of gear...
    But they look closer to WW2 soldiers than BF1s guys did WW1.
    So it’s an improvement.

I’m glad they are focusing on main early theatres of operations instead of the over played “Normandy/Iwo Jima” side theatres.

I’m looking forwards to Italians eventually being released and Russians. I hope they still stick to their guns and focus on important but game neglected theatres...
    Italy, Ukraine, Burma, India, Kokoda, Greece, Hurtgen Forest.

• suffice_ls
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think im playing minecraft

Comment of the week! I was lolling.