Guide on how to get SLI working in bf5

Comments

• GumTooth
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do you have a good place to get the most updated inspector?
  • Dragam
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GumTooth wrote: »
    Do you have a good place to get the most updated inspector?

https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/NVIDIA-Inspector.shtml
  • GumTooth
    You're the GOAT! I'll check back in when I give it a shot!
  • GumTooth
    edited December 2018
    Looks like it worked greeat, only issue was some artifacting at the load screen. Alt-Tab out and back in fixes it though. Thanks for the help boss I really do appreciate it! Now to get COD to stop micro stuttering.....haha!

Is the artifacting normal at the load screen like that?
    Post edited by GumTooth on
  • Dragam
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Looks like it worked greeat, only issue was some artifacting at the load screen. Alt-Tab out and back in fixes it though. Thanks for the help boss I really do appreciate it! Now to get COD to stop micro stuttering.....haha!

It is if you have render res set to something other than 100.
  • GumTooth
    Dragam wrote: »

It is if you have render res set to something other than 100.

You're awesome man, set it to 100 and everything is good to go, thanks so much!
  • jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Now that we've been playing like this for a while, I wonder if:
    Issues using this profile is that dynamic wether effects (such as snow and rain) doesn't render

..there's some way we can figure this one out? Is it even possible? It seems a bit like cheating, IMHO. Weather can, to an extent, hide enemies. If you end up clearing it off your screen through the inspector, to me that seems like you're giving yourself an unfair advantage.
  • Dragam
    jasonvp wrote: »
    Now that we've been playing like this for a while, I wonder if:
    Issues using this profile is that dynamic wether effects (such as snow and rain) doesn't render

..there's some way we can figure this one out? Is it even possible? It seems a bit like cheating, IMHO. Weather can, to an extent, hide enemies. If you end up clearing it off your screen through the inspector, to me that seems like you're giving yourself an unfair advantage.

I agree, it does give you a slight advantage + it doesn't look as good, which is my biggest issue with it :p

Sadly i don't think there is anything we can do - the issue seem near identical to the one early on in battlefront 2, where all laser effects didn't render with the bf1 profile... from laser beams, to lightsabers. They had to make an entirely new profile specifically for that game, and it is still the only game that uses that profile... and thank god for that, as the profile destroys performance when combining sli, gsync and taa. So you basically had to accept sli scaling of only 50%, or disable one of those things and go back to having 97% sli scaling.

Now you are probably thinking if the battlefront 2 profile would solve the issue with the weather in bf5, but unfortunately it doesn't... it does however perform considerably worse than the bf1 profile, as bf5 has forced temporal anti aliasing unlike bf2. In bf2 taa low is in reality just fxaa without any temporal filter, where as both taa low and high has a temporal filter in bf5... and any temporal element is as we know generally speaking a big no no in conjunction with sli, and is also the reason we see ghosting with sli enabled in bf5. Using the tricks to disable the temporal filter doesn't appear to remove all elements of it however, and despite everything appearing more jagged, the ghosting trails on moving objects remain.

But to summerize : there are quite a few issues that has to be worked out between dice and nvidia for sli to be able to work without any issues, and i reckon nvidia might have to make an entirely new sli profile for this game aswell...
  • tedrampart
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    tedrampart wrote: »
    I get the rainbow lines if I do any sort of resolution scale and also have post processing med or higher.. set it to low and no rainbow lines and can scale whatever %.

Keep post processing at high - just alt-tab out and into the game, and it should look normal again.

sadly, this didn't work for me. still had the rainbow connection going on unfortunately.

edit - I wonder if it's from certain res-scale %.. I notice the rainbow stuff is a different pattern using diff %. or perhaps it's a similar yet unrelated cause of the same problem.. I'll fool around with it later on. thanks tho.
  • Dragam
    I get the rainbow lines if I do any sort of resolution scale and also have post processing med or higher.. set it to low and no rainbow lines and can scale whatever %.

Keep post processing at high - just alt-tab out and into the game, and it should look normal again.

sadly, this didn't work for me. still had the rainbow connection going on unfortunately.

edit - I wonder if it's from certain res-scale %.. I notice the rainbow stuff is a different pattern using diff %. or perhaps it's a similar yet unrelated cause of the same problem.. I'll fool around with it later on. thanks tho.

Odd - i tested everything from 50 to 150 % render res, alt tabbing out of the game and then back into the game fixed the artifacting every time.
  • Jeffy141
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Hi Guys,

I have 2 aorus 1080 ti in SLI and I barely get an improvement in BF5. I have tried applying the settings posted by OP but it did not work for me.
    Does this still work or is it me?
    Thank you

Edit:
    Forget about it. It worked. For some reason the profile was not updating in NVIDIA.
    This link helped a lot, the part where he checks if it works:
    https://www.jasonvanpatten.com/2018/12/14/battlefield-v-and-nvidia-sli-making-it-work/
  • tedrampart
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

Odd - i tested everything from 50 to 150 % render res, alt tabbing out of the game and then back into the game fixed the artifacting every time.

there must be something affecting mine on top of that issue. I don't mind playing without post-processing, especially when I get more consistent frame times with res scale set and no post-proc, than I do with no res scale and post-proc on.. I'm hoping this is all temporary anyhow, while we wait for official fixes and sli support from Dice..

edit - I wonder if it's due to my gpu's being 9xx series vs the 10xx series gpus..?
  • REPERCUSSIONS
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    we still should not have to jump through hoops to make our equipment work as was sold to us. I personally found it causing more issues for me.... But side not I can just run the game at 150% keep everything on low taa high and it looks great with very little dips in fps. still want my sli that I paid for performance, but 1 980ti can still handle this game. Actually way better then some other way better systems apparently. Happy gaming all.
  • Horst_Schroder
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    @Dragam , nice you of helping.
    My problem is that my gpu1 is running at 99%, and the gpu2 is only running at (max) 20%.

With other games it works fine with my SLI cards (970). Any ideas?

/J

AND SUDDENLY - IT WORKS!!!!!
  • g0merpile
    695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    we still should not have to jump through hoops to make our equipment work as was sold to us. I personally found it causing more issues for me.... But side not I can just run the game at 150% keep everything on low taa high and it looks great with very little dips in fps. still want my sli that I paid for performance, but 1 980ti can still handle this game. Actually way better then some other way better systems apparently. Happy gaming all.

I think, EA did this intentionally. Fair gameplay in mind.
  • ZyGViking2121
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2
    Jeffy141 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have 2 aorus 1080 ti in SLI and I barely get an improvement in BF5. I have tried applying the settings posted by OP but it did not work for me.
    Does this still work or is it me?
    Thank you

Edit:
    Forget about it. It worked. For some reason the profile was not updating in NVIDIA.
    This link helped a lot, the part where he checks if it works:
    https://www.jasonvanpatten.com/2018/12/14/battlefield-v-and-nvidia-sli-making-it-work/

I just picked the game up, and got SLI working with this SLI fix, but it does not work with the latest drivers, I got it to work with 416.94 driver.

I had this same problem with the latest as well for some reason.
  • jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just picked the game up, and got SLI working with this SLI fix, but it does not work with the latest drivers, I got it to work with 416.94 driver.

Works absolutely fine with the latest driver. I've been running it that way since the driver was dropped.

You've messed something up along the way somehow.
  • ZyGViking2121
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2

Works absolutely fine with the latest driver. I've been running it that way since the driver was dropped.

No its definitely driver related issue on my end, The latest 417 has all sorts of issues with SLI on my machine, single GPU or swapping the cards around or changing the SLI bridge does not fix it either, only thing I didn't do was reinstall windows, but why should I if all other drivers work other this one.

I think that may of been what borked this SLI fix from not working. With the 417 driver I get the benefits of SLI in other games or benchmarks such as Heaven, but the screen goes dim as if the brightness turned down, and a green flicking bar up top of the screen and some dark flickering, tho the FPS in heaven stayed the same as if with other drivers, both GPU are being utilized.

Any driver before 417 works flawless other then of course the BenQ bug thats present still... Bf5 just did not work at all for me on 417, and I tried it both 1803 and 1809 builds of windows 10. this is the 3rd time trying the driver and it still reacts the same way every time.

416.94 is last driver that works okish enough other then the BenQ problems on DisplayPort, and what works with this fix on my machine. But again i'm on pascal, you are not.

• Dragam

No its definitely driver related issue on my end, The latest 417 has all sorts of issues with SLI on my machine, single GPU or swapping the cards around or changing the SLI bridge does not fix it either, only thing I didn't do was reinstall windows, but why should I if all other drivers work other this one.

I think that may of been what borked this SLI fix from not working. With the 417 driver I get the benefits of SLI in other games or benchmarks such as Heaven, but the screen goes dim as if the brightness turned down, and a green flicking bar up top of the screen and some dark flickering, tho the FPS in heaven stayed the same as if with other drivers, both GPU are being utilized.

Any driver before 417 works flawless other then of course the BenQ bug thats present still... Bf5 just did not work at all for me on 417, and I tried it both 1803 and 1809 builds of windows 10. this is the 3rd time trying the driver and it still reacts the same way every time.

416.94 is last driver that works okish enough other then the BenQ problems on DisplayPort, and what works with this fix on my machine. But again i'm on pascal, you are not.

Latest driver works as described in the guide.

Make sure your windows 10 is fully updated, then use display driver uninstaller, and then install the newest driver.
  • ZyGViking2121

Latest driver works as described in the guide.

Make sure your windows 10 is fully updated, then use display driver uninstaller, and then install the newest driver.

Never mind, I'll just quit replying since ya'll don't can't really take the time to read