Guide on how to get SLI working in bf5

Comments

• Dragam
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dragam wrote: »
    jasonvp wrote: »
    I just picked the game up, and got SLI working with this SLI fix, but it does not work with the latest drivers, I got it to work with 416.94 driver.

Works absolutely fine with the latest driver. I've been running it that way since the driver was dropped.

You've messed something up along the way somehow.

No its definitely driver related issue on my end, The latest 417 has all sorts of issues with SLI on my machine, single GPU or swapping the cards around or changing the SLI bridge does not fix it either, only thing I didn't do was reinstall windows, but why should I if all other drivers work other this one.

I think that may of been what borked this SLI fix from not working. With the 417 driver I get the benefits of SLI in other games or benchmarks such as Heaven, but the screen goes dim as if the brightness turned down, and a green flicking bar up top of the screen and some dark flickering, tho the FPS in heaven stayed the same as if with other drivers, both GPU are being utilized.

Any driver before 417 works flawless other then of course the BenQ bug thats present still... Bf5 just did not work at all for me on 417, and I tried it both 1803 and 1809 builds of windows 10. this is the 3rd time trying the driver and it still reacts the same way every time.

416.94 is last driver that works okish enough other then the BenQ problems on DisplayPort, and what works with this fix on my machine. But again i'm on pascal, you are not.

Latest driver works as described in the guide.

Make sure your windows 10 is fully updated, then use display driver uninstaller, and then install the newest driver.

Never mind, I'll just quit replying since ya'll don't can't really take the time to read

Clearly it is yourself that can't take the time to read. You have borked something on your end, which is why it isn't working for you. It is working for everyone else.

Using DDU might clear that up, but by all means ignore the advice, and be stuck on an old driver without the latest game specific optimizations.
  • ZyGViking2121
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just picked the game up, and got SLI working with this SLI fix, but it does not work with the latest drivers, I got it to work with 416.94 driver.

Works absolutely fine with the latest driver. I've been running it that way since the driver was dropped.

No its definitely driver related issue on my end, The latest 417 has all sorts of issues with SLI on my machine, single GPU or swapping the cards around or changing the SLI bridge does not fix it either, only thing I didn't do was reinstall windows, but why should I if all other drivers work other this one.

I think that may of been what borked this SLI fix from not working. With the 417 driver I get the benefits of SLI in other games or benchmarks such as Heaven, but the screen goes dim as if the brightness turned down, and a green flicking bar up top of the screen and some dark flickering, tho the FPS in heaven stayed the same as if with other drivers, both GPU are being utilized.

Any driver before 417 works flawless other then of course the BenQ bug thats present still... Bf5 just did not work at all for me on 417, and I tried it both 1803 and 1809 builds of windows 10. this is the 3rd time trying the driver and it still reacts the same way every time.

416.94 is last driver that works okish enough other then the BenQ problems on DisplayPort, and what works with this fix on my machine. But again i'm on pascal, you are not.

Make sure your windows 10 is fully updated, then use display driver uninstaller, and then install the newest driver.

Never mind, I'll just quit replying since ya'll don't can't really take the time to read

Clearly it is yourself that can't take the time to read. You have borked something on your end, which is why it isn't working for you. It is working for everyone else.

Using DDU might clear that up, but by all means ignore the advice, and be stuck on an old driver without the latest game specific optimizations.

Its working but with old drivers, The new 417.xx crap is not working on my system, SLI is screwed with any game that supports SLI, can you read that? Perhaps I should get microsoft sam to read it aloud for ya.

I never said it don't work with anyone else, I've done tried the drivers 4 different times, resualts in a flicking mess in every game and BFv just doesn't work with it probably because of whatever reason that's screwing up SLI on every game on my rig. Not to mention that you apparently can't comprehend that fact Nvidia had problems with some BenQ monitors at 120 to 144hz, my monitor was a lucky few that had the problem (XL2730Z), The display would not wake up from a sleep, or would not show anything after the windows load screen, In fact these older 416.94 drivers still do that. Only way to get past this problem is to install old drivers, or Unplug the monitor, and hold the power button down, and plug it back in. DVI-D cable fixes, im sure HDMI fixes it, but then im locked at 60hz. this problem has been there for 3 drivers now other then this new one, last working one was 399.24 or older. 417.xx don;t have this problem but screwed up SLI with my hardware, so whatever Nvidia did to address this issue seemed to have messed up SLI, you would have known that if you only read what I typed........
  • Dragam
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Its working but with old drivers, The new 417.xx crap is not working on my system, SLI is screwed with any game that supports SLI, can you read that? Perhaps I should get microsoft sam to read it aloud for ya.

I never said it don't work with anyone else, I've done tried the drivers 4 different times, resualts in a flicking mess in every game and BFv just doesn't work with it probably because of whatever reason that's screwing up SLI on every game on my rig. Not to mention that you apparently can't comprehend that fact Nvidia had problems with some BenQ monitors at 120 to 144hz, my monitor was a lucky few that had the problem (XL2730Z), The display would not wake up from a sleep, or would not show anything after the windows load screen, In fact these old drivers still do that. Only way to get past this problem is to install old drivers, or Unplug the monitor, and hold the power button down, and plug it back in. DVI-D cable fixes, im sure HDMI fixes it, but then im locked at 60hz. this problem has been there for 3 drivers now other then this new one, last working one was 399.24 or older. 417.xx don;t have this problem but screwed up SLI with my hardware, so whatever Nvidia did to address this issue seemed to have messed up SLI, you would have known that if you only read what I typed........

I am going to try one last time... have you used DDU before trying to install the newest driver ?
  • KiIlBiIl
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 23
    didnt read the whole thread, but is the dynamic weather effects (such as snow and rain) doesn't render, fixed?
  • ThePlacidHatter
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is there a way to get this to work on borderless?
  • Dragam
    Is there a way to get this to work on borderless?

Sli never works correctly in anything other than exclusive fullscreen.
  • Dragam
    KiIlBiIl wrote: »
    didnt read the whole thread, but is the dynamic weather effects (such as snow and rain) doesn't render, fixed?

No, it wont be till there is an official driver.
  • EvenfaII
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 3
    Hi guys as this thread talks about sli , I have an issue/question. With my current setup I cannot push my cards harder then 48-58%. Thats on a resolution scale of 100% now if I bump up the value my cards actually start to perform at 90-98%. Do I have a cpu bottleneck ? Playing at 1440p . I am well aware that at higher resolution the loads shift to the gpu. And I am guessing it is my cpu. Just wanted to hear from you guys.

My Frames also seem pretty low for my setup ranging from 69-120 fps and on average at around 95 Frames.

Specs are : 4930k @ 4.7Ghz ,1080ti Sli , 16GB DDR4 and a SSD. This issue also only occurs when I play multiplayer if I play the campaign I get perfect scaling.

Thanks for responding.
  • l__PlNGA__l
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have just a challenge for you guys.

Using Direct X12 and SLI (working on game) run the game for 30 min without chrashes.

PD: If you guys only can make SLI work with Direct X12 properly just let me know
  • jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PD: If you guys only can make SLI work with Direct X12 properly just let me know

Won't be doable. For DX12, we'll need to wait for Dice to code in mGPU support like they ninja-patched into BF1 some time ago. Until then, DX12 is single GPU only.
  • ve2bab
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thum8er wrote: »
    Hi guys as this thread talks about sli , I have an issue/question. With my current setup I cannot push my cards harder then 48-58%. Thats on a resolution scale of 100% now if I bump up the value my cards actually start to perform at 90-98%. Do I have a cpu bottleneck ? Playing at 1440p . I am well aware that at higher resolution the loads shift to the gpu. And I am guessing it is my cpu. Just wanted to hear from you guys.

My Frames also seem pretty low for my setup ranging from 69-120 fps and on average at around 95 Frames.

Specs are : 4930k @ 4.7Ghz ,1080ti Sli , 16GB DDR4 and a SSD. This issue also only occurs when I play multiplayer if I play the campaign I get perfect scaling.

Thanks for responding.

I suspect it's your CPU bottleneck. 1080ti's should fly @4k!
    I'm running at 4K (3840 x 2160) 60-120fps. Have you tried 2160P? Specs: R2700x, 16GB FlareX CL14 @3400, MSI 1070ti SLI, 970 m.2 1TB in a Asus Prime X470 PRO.
  • Dragam
    Thum8er wrote: »

Thanks for responding.

4930k uses ddr3 ram, not ddr4. What exact ram are you using and at what settings? It makes a significant difference.
  • JLR4Life
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    Is anyone else having issues getting the OP's SLI settings to stick after today's Combined Arms update? They worked for me before, but now they keep reverting to the default settings after I launch the game. I tried hard resetting my machine and re-saving the SLI settings multiple times to no avail.
  • tedrampart
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    JLR4Life wrote: »
    Is anyone else having issues getting the OP's SLI settings to stick after today's Combined Arms update? They worked for me before, but now they keep reverting to the default settings after I launch the game. I tried hard resetting my machine and re-saving the SLI settings multiple times to no avail.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/180501/sli-disabled-on-latest-update#latest has a work around
  • JLR4Life
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    tedrampart wrote: »
    JLR4Life wrote: »

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/180501/sli-disabled-on-latest-update#latest has a work around

Awesome, thanks! (Oh and seriously DICE? Really lame.)
  • RayD_O1
    482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But we shouldn't have to find ways to work around, we need a proper SLI profile. Nvidia state this is down to DICE.
  • eldelincuente1
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I guess they fixed it, cuz it doesn't work on my gtx 690, the game just crashes with both solutions to enable sli
  • RayD_O1
    482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We should not have to jump through hoops to get SLI working in a game like BFV.
  • sisblub
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    First off i want to say that no, there is no official sli support, but it is easy to get working, although it will only work with dx11, and not dx12.

1. First off you need to download the program Nvidiainspector.

2. Then you need to choose the "battlefield v" profile.

3. You need to set "SLI compatibility bits dx10 + dx11" to : 0x080116F5

4. You need to set "Nvidia predefined number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode DX10" to : 0x00000004

5. You need to set "Nvidia predefined SLI mode on DirectX 10" to : 0x00000002

Sli should now work with dx11.

To prevent texture issues while using sli you will also want to force anisotropic filtering to x16 through the global profile in nvidia inspector.

Additionally sli works by far the best with motion blur set to 0 and future frame rendering set to ON in the ingame settings.

Issues using this profile is that dynamic wether effects (such as snow and rain) doesn't render, aswell as a slight amount of ghosting. However, the profile provides about 97% sli scaling, provided nothing in your setup is bottlenecking it.

The sli profile running on my rig at 4k ultra :

3jD5rUM.jpg

i tried doing this and i still only get 10% on the second gpu. i also tried deleting bfv.exe on the battlefield v profile and adding it to battlefield 1 profile on nvidia inspector and still doesn't work. can someone please help me get this to work?? on latest drivers, core i9-9900k, 2080ti SLI
  • Dragam
    edited February 24
    sisblub wrote: »
    i tried doing this and i still only get 10% on the second gpu. i also tried deleting bfv.exe on the battlefield v profile and adding it to battlefield 1 profile on nvidia inspector and still doesn't work. can someone please help me get this to work?? on latest drivers, core i9-9900k, 2080ti SLI

Dice in their infinite wisdom caused this with their feb 14 update.

Solution is to apply all the changes in nvidia inspector as you normally would, and then before entering the game go to c:\programdata\nvidia coorperation\drs, and make the two big files (nvdrsdb0 and nvdrsdb1) read only. Then the game can't remove the sli profile.