Guide on how to get SLI working in bf5

123457»

Comments

• jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is it just me or after the last update even the "read only" does not help? The profile settings do not reset after launching the game, but those adjustments don't do anything no more... This is strange.
    It's you.  I'm using SLI currently and both GPUs are getting a work-out when I play.
  • Dragam
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jasonvp said:
    Is it just me or after the last update even the "read only" does not help? The profile settings do not reset after launching the game, but those adjustments don't do anything no more... This is strange.
    It's you.  I'm using SLI currently and both GPUs are getting a work-out when I play.
    Yeah, it's working fine for me aswell. But the latest patch appears to have brought along several graphical glitches for me, where textures won't load smoothly, stuff flickers from time to time, and image appears more blurry than when not using sli...

I really do wish that we would get official sli support, but at this point, i think i am more likely to win the lottery, than we are to get sli support... and that's despite the fact that i don't play the lottery... lol.
  • motoguzzi2011
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I did not delete the drivers bfv profile, just removed the bfv.exe from there. then I added bfv.exe to the bf1 profile. after that I have set read-only onto the two respective files in drs folder. after that it's working. the driver I did this with is 416.94.
  • g0merpile
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    kilo1128 said:
    This is the same way DICE boost the purchase of new graphicscards when Battlefield 1 came out. There was also a time in the beginning of the game when sli didn't work properly in BF1.

This has been since 3dfx cards ended. When PC's broke the 100mhz bus speed, NVIDIA/EA got greedy and made games more demanding. There has always been Nvidia the way its made to be played, since the first NVIDIA graphic card. This is when 3dfx died. What U mentioned is the reason there was no support for sli. It was for their greedy interest, not to include SLI for BF1 or 5 right away.
  • motoguzzi2011
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I guess that some saw SLI defunct recently, because they possibly had DXR enabled to try and not set back to disabled again. This in fact disables SLI.
  • Dragam
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I guess that some saw SLI defunct recently, because they possibly had DXR enabled to try and not set back to disabled again. This in fact disables SLI.
    Well, in order to use DXR, you need to use dx12... dx12 doesn't work with sli, so yeah... don't get why anyone would use DXR though, huge waste of performance for very little visual gains.
  • do0fY
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Whatever i do, GPU Usage 90%, GPU2 Usage  < 15% .... FPS around 80 with 2x 2080TI  in SLI. What am i doing wrong?
  • do0fY
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sundeath said:
    who the hell uses SLi anymore

why not? Still an option.... And: Your answer is irelevant ....
  • ShevermiN
    390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dragam said:
    Well, in order to use DXR, you need to use dx12... dx12 doesn't work with sli, so yeah... don't get why anyone would use DXR though, huge waste of performance for very little visual gains.
    There is no doubt that DXR is still in it's infancy and the current generation of cards are not up to running it in BFV. Even the 2080ti doesn't cut it.

But the visual gains that it makes are breathtaking, like the preformance jump from mechanical hard drives to SSD's the visual improvements with DXR are dramatic. When turned on DXR makes the game image actually look real,  not some 2D cartoon that we have all been kidding ourselves looks good. This is not the texture jump from BF4 to the photometery of Battlefront, BF1 and BFV.  DXR lighting and reflections just makes the image look real. 

In under 5 years you will not be playing a game that does not run DXR and when you go back to one of the pre DXR games you will be shaking your heads going "and we thought this looked good"

"vert little visual gains"  my friend you have not run DXR I guess ??  
  • Dragam
    ShevermiN wrote: »
    Dragam said:

motoguzzi2011 said:

There is no doubt that DXR is still in it's infancy and the current generation of cards are not up to running it in BFV. Even the 2080ti doesn't cut it.

But the visual gains that it makes are breathtaking, like the preformance jump from mechanical hard drives to SSD's the visual improvements with DXR are dramatic. When turned on DXR makes the game image actually look real,  not some 2D cartoon that we have all been kidding ourselves looks good. This is not the texture jump from BF4 to the photometery of Battlefront, BF1 and BFV.  DXR lighting and reflections just makes the image look real. 

In under 5 years you will not be playing a game that does not run DXR and when you go back to one of the pre DXR games you will be shaking your heads going "and we thought this looked good"

"vert little visual gains"  my friend you have not run DXR I guess ??  

The only dxr effect that bfv makes use of are reflections, which is quite underwhelming for the massive performance hit. Then again, i don't mind turning off screenspace reflections to gain performance either, as reflections have very little effect on the overall visuals... so if performance is a problem, reflections is one of the first things i'd turn down / off.

Regardless, this is a SLI thread - so stay on topic.
  • Dragam
    do0fY wrote: »
    Whatever i do, GPU Usage 90%, GPU2 Usage  < 15% .... FPS around 80 with 2x 2080TI  in SLI. What am i doing wrong?

Are you following every step of my guide on page 1 ?
  • bigguyhawaii
    361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Make sure dx12 is off.