Guide on how to get SLI working in bf5

1234568»

Comments

• milleria
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Gabb15s said:
    i try the instructions on page 1, only one graphics cards run at 98%, the second run only at 10%

i have 2 gtx970 running on last 441.66 driver, even with old driver (441.41) it does the same things.
    1page and youtube video gives me 96+ usage on both 2 cards in menu but ingame it drops 50-60%... it was 90% before 
  • Gabb15s
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i've tried both of alternatives but none worked for me
  • DukeSan27
    1223 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I played a few weeks back and SLI was working fine, with the usual workarounds. 100+FPS with both GPUs doing 70% plus each. This is on 2x1080ti, 7900x at 3840x1600, ultra. 

I picked up game today and SLI does not seem to work. FPS doesn’t exceed 70 and both GPUs stay below 50%. Something is capping the frames at around 60.

Anyone noticed this?

I had a Windows update and NVidia driver update since I last played. Maybe that has something to do with it.

----
    I tried DDU also. Always making the bin files read-only. No change.

Its strange, something is capping my frames around 60, even if I run in a very small window.
  • Dragam
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DukeSan27 said:
    I played a few weeks back and SLI was working fine, with the usual workarounds. 100+FPS with both GPUs doing 70% plus each. This is on 2x1080ti, 7900x at 3840x1600, ultra. 

I picked up game today and SLI does not seem to work. FPS doesn’t exceed 70 and both GPUs stay below 50%. Something is capping the frames at around 60.

Anyone noticed this?

I had a Windows update and NVidia driver update since I last played. Maybe that has something to do with it.

----

Its strange, something is capping my frames around 60, even if I run in a very small window.
    Sounds like you enabled v-sync in the drivers.
  • DukeSan27
    1223 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dragam said:
    DukeSan27 said:

Anyone noticed this?

----

My monitor is at 144hz. 
  • g0merpile
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It does work, just EA made a change to the DSR file so you need make a change to the DSR. Once the change is made you will need to change it back after you edit the driver.

• Dragam
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 5
    DukeSan27 said:
    Dragam said:
    DukeSan27 said:

Anyone noticed this?

----

My monitor is at 144hz. 
    It could be defaulting to 60 hz.

Regardless, something is wrong on your end, as sli is still working just fine for me with the newest driver and newest map.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/QDCYCYJ.jpg[/img]
  • Kranden
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So I decided to give SLI another whirl, it actually works great. 

There is one strange thing however, GPU utilization hangs around 60-70% on both GPU unless I increase the ingame resolution scale up to about 150% Once I go over about 130-160 It increases GPU utilization to 90-99% each. 
  • Nzz1
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kranden said:
    So I decided to give SLI another whirl, it actually works great. 

There is one strange thing however, GPU utilization hangs around 60-70% on both GPU unless I increase the ingame resolution scale up to about 150% Once I go over about 130-160 It increases GPU utilization to 90-99% each. 
    You are cpubound/memory bandwidth bound, or both :)

What is you're cpu and memory?
  • Kranden
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nzz1 wrote: »
    (Quote)

I have an 8700k overclocked to 5.0 and 16gb of ram.

My gpu are 2x 1080ti evga hybrids
  • Nzz1
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kranden said:
    (Quote)

Speed of memory? 4000mhz+  tweaked memory with sub 40ns memorylatency (mesured with Aida64 mem bench) helps ALOT with sli. You need all the memorybandwidth you can get due to dualchannel memory.
  • Kranden
    Nzz1 said:
    Kranden said:
    (Quote)

Speed of memory? 4000mhz+  tweaked memory with sub 40ns memorylatency (mesured with Aida64 mem bench) helps ALOT with sli. You need all the memorybandwidth you can get due to dualchannel memory.
    They are corsair Dominator's C16 DDR4 3200

Latency tested is 46.1 ns

Thank you for the info, time to OC some ram! (been a while since I had to do this haha)
  • Dragam
    Kranden said:
    Nzz1 said:
    Kranden said:
    (Quote)

Thank you for the info, time to OC some ram! (been a while since I had to do this haha)
    You could easily run faster than 3200 memory with that cpu - some memory controllers don't like 4+ ghz, but all of them should do 3600 cl14 :)
  • Nzz1
    Dragam said:
    Kranden said:
    Nzz1 said:
    Kranden said:
    (Quote)

You could easily run faster than 3200 memory with that cpu - some memory controllers don't like 4+ ghz, but all of them should do 3600 cl14 :)
    I have never seen a 8700k that hasn't manage to do 4000mhz memory. Atleast with 2 sticks of b-die. So if Dominator is b-die, it is possible :) You want high frequency  for higher bandwidth for SLI, and low latency for high fps. 4000c16/17 is the goal. Many 8700k kan do 4400mhz+ with Asus gene/apex boards.
  • Kranden
    Any good ram OC guides? Anything above 3600 is lowering my 5.0ghz CPU Oc to 4.7 and increasing my Latency to about 60. 
  • Nzz1
    Kranden said:
    Any good ram OC guides? Anything above 3600 is lowering my 5.0ghz CPU Oc to 4.7 and increasing my Latency to about 60. 
    This is the best place for tips and tricks :
    https://www.overclock.net/forum/5-intel-cpus/1569364-official-intel-ddr4-24-7-memory-stability-thread.html

Easy start for b-die memory on Intel plattform: 
    Vdram -> 1.42 -1.45v
    VCCIO - >1.15-1.25v
    VCCSA -> 1.15 -1.25v

4000 c17-17-17-38- trfc = 400
    If this works, the go to the next level in the link (ask and look for similar configs)

• DukeSan27
    So I finally found my SLI problem - Arconis 2020:
    https://forum.acronis.com/forum/acronis-true-image-2020-forum/arconis-2020-kills-fps-under-sli

Copy/Paste of what I posted there:

Don't know why and now I don't really care. I will be staying far away from Arconis.

Mid Jan I updated to Arcnois 2020. After that it killed my gaming FPS in BFV with SLI enabled.

I did not know the reason then.

Today I did a fresh windows install and setup again to run BFV - 120+ FPS in SLI (2x1080ti + 7900x).

Next installed Arconis 2020 to get all my stuff back from backups. And BFV goes down to 70 FPS after install.

Un-intsalled Arconis, and FPS back to 120+. 100% correct. Did not install any other software in between. Arconis is the culprit.

Now we may ask, why the heck does a backup software interfere with SLI GPUs. I DO NOT CARE NOW. THIS IS A WARNING to anyone with SLI.

Note: This post in no way reflects my extreme anger at this situation.