How’s the new patch? Performance

JiggleWang
611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
At work all day and not seeing much on the patch here in the forums.

How’s performance?
Is running RTX an option now?
Does TAA look sharper?

Thanks.
Post edited by JiggleWang on

Comments

• ThoR
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I cant play the game since the Patch, Crashes every minute. Love it good job dice , just brilliant developers.
  • JBuddensStapler
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I have a GTX 1050 and a i5 7th gen chip and I could run the game with pre decent performance on Ultra before the update and now I cant even run it on low otherwise ill have like 5 fps
  • -aarp-19Crib
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    For me it's working just like before, but they have made some spread and range adjustments. No more pistol shots across the map.

BUT... I still have yellow rectangles indicating lost packets @ ~ 32 ping. If I stand still they go away, if I move they are back. I do believe it's really hurting me because I seem to lose every 1 v 1 encounter.
    Post edited by -aarp-19Crib on
  • jiggasta
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My FPS dropped by 30+ and I can no longer change any loadout without the game crashing. So I can't play the game basically.
  • Quasar9111
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    my MSI GT83 was laggy after patch - so i deleted user folder cache, put gfx back to ultra and lovely jubbly, 45-70fps
  • brickmortar
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cant finish a round since patch crash to desktop
  • kondorasGR
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    well the TAA isnt sharper,cant see well from medium to long range....also sound still sucks
  • ScreamingMinnie
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've noticed no difference in performance. Some weird stuttering everynow and then where I drop 25-30 fps for a fraction of a second, but that has been going on since I first started playing at november 9th and I've found no fix.
  • the_moth_hunter
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have massive drop in FPS since patch on my gaming notebook (1060 6GB, i7 7700HQ, 16 GB).
    Before I usually had my set limit of 60 fps, under rare circumstances saw a yellow fps-warning.
    Now I never get above 30 fps, usually 20-25, but dropping below 20 regularly. No matter if I'm in the menu, the load-out screen, the map or the game.

Game is basically unplayable now and turning off effects seems to have little to no effect.
  • jboyd9005
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Massive lockups and crashes during game; if finish game; then keys locked out; have to Task Mgr and kill BFV and start again - don't think I've yet to keep playing after one rd finished...
  • JiggleWang
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have massive drop in FPS since patch on my gaming notebook (1060 6GB, i7 7700HQ, 16 GB).
    Before I usually had my set limit of 60 fps, under rare circumstances saw a yellow fps-warning.
    Now I never get above 30 fps, usually 20-25, but dropping below 20 regularly. No matter if I'm in the menu, the load-out screen, the map or the game.

Game is basically unplayable now and turning off effects seems to have little to no effect.

This is a driver issue thats been reported at Nvidia forums for notebooks, expecting a hotfix soon.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well, after the update and an Nvidia driver update I lost 30 to 40 frames compared to before. While flying I used to have between 120 and 160 and on the ground I had a steady 120. Flying now gives me no more than 120 and on the ground I'm stuck below 80. What happened?
  • Jabaariyn
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My performance is same as before 60FPS, locked to my monitor resolution, running on an 8 year old rig, with only one change in all that time. Runs great, no issues.

I7 2600K - Stock, 16GB Corsair Vengencace ram @ 1600Mhz, H80 Corsair liqiud cooling, 1TB Crucial SSD, 1100Watt Power Supply, GTX1080SC(one year old)
  • DaChileanSeabass
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Gunplay on bullet velocity is slower for everything, some weapons recoil is better but does change how the support class and assult class dominates all. I did get decrease in performance too. Worst patch to date, did nothing but benefit rtx users
  • Corrupt_be
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The same for me, I have TAA disabled with Jikka's config tweaks though.
  • dennygreen2016
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still bad.
  • jboyd9005
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Off to never, never land again … try to quit - "Quitting..." screen in forefront, game moves to new round in background - left in limbo and back to Task Mgr to abort BFV and start again - now happens over and over and over and.... you get the msg
  • jcleary47
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    2080 Ti, running the game at 3440x1440 @ 100hz.

Settings set to Ultra, DX12 Enabled, RTX Enabled.

I'm seeing anywhere between 60-75 FPS in one of the campaigns. That's a pretty hefty performance boost with RTX enabled for me, especially running at that resolution. I feel like they've only scratched the surface here.
  • brazilianloser
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BUGS and more BUGS.
  • USAF77
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Totally blows. Now Im having a problem with my controllers and keyboard, that I never had before. As in "ever". And this practice range? WTF is that? "Driving over targets with a kublewagon"? Are they kidding? Most of us have been in this game for many years. I could go on but basically BF5 is a game designed for morons by morons. A total waste of money.