How’s the new patch? Performance

Comments

• TyroneLoyd
    891 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's the same for me. After overclocking my ram to 4000mhz my fps has jumped significantly. Running it at about 130- 180 fps on low which is right on the money to me. When I was running it at 2144 and 2400mhz it was a stuttering mess. 80-130 fps on low
  • dude32092
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It feels sluggish. Maybe just me. Lock up when spawning, can't move anything on occasion except mouse cursor across screen. Required restarting 3 times in 3 rounds of CQ but Dom seems faster and ticket drain got weirder, slower, but weirder.
  • XCRDR
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have a 9700k + 2080 and a 1440p/144hz screen.

Before the patch, I was unable to play with DXR (RTX) enabled. Even in single player, it was so slow and stuttering that it was just unplayable. I just deactivated without looking back

Now today with the patch I gave it a second try. I've just finished a 2 hour multiplayer session with everything at Ultra in 1440p / with DXR at medium, always being over 70fps, often above 90fps.

I can say that it's clearly playable now in DXR and multiplayer.

The only glitch I encountered is some 0.5 seconds freezes happening about once / twice a match with huge explosions. It's annoying when it happens, but rare enough that I'm still okay to play MP mode with it activated.

I must say I'm quite surprised but the procession of DXR in such a short time span.

Good job DICE
  • Xbon
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    XCRDR wrote: »

Before the patch, I was unable to play with DXR (RTX) enabled. Even in single player, it was so slow and stuttering that it was just unplayable. I just deactivated without looking back

Now today with the patch I gave it a second try. I've just finished a 2 hour multiplayer session with everything at Ultra in 1440p / with DXR at medium, always being over 70fps, often above 90fps.

The only glitch I encountered is some 0.5 seconds freezes happening about once / twice a match with huge explosions. It's annoying when it happens, but rare enough that I'm still okay to play MP mode with it activated.

I must say I'm quite surprised but the procession of DXR in such a short time span.

Good job DICE

man, I haven't played yet today, but those 0.5 second freezes happen to me /all/ the time... since launch.
  • skates15
    453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    JiggleWang wrote: »
    At work all day and not seeing much on the patch here in the forums.

How’s performance?
    Is running RTX an option now?
    Does TAA look sharper?

Thanks.

I was thinking the other day of loading the latest Sweet Fx, or whatever its called today and see if I could bring some grit into RTX to reduce the shininess of the floors, etc.
  • demonic671
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I got an I5 6600k oc to 4.5, MSI 2080 gaming x trio, 16gigs of ram on an 3440x1440 100hz monitor

I can do multi with low DXR on but will crash on med 45-60 but frames stutter. Single player well it will get to 60 on med and low but the frames stutter. I'm guess that the 6600k even oc can't keep up with DXR. Is anyone else having this problem?
  • OptimaForma
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have a GTX 1050 and a i5 7th gen chip and I could run the game with pre decent performance on Ultra before the update and now I cant even run it on low otherwise ill have like 5 fps

To be fair a gtx1050 has a relative low nummer of cuda cores compared to older series. You will be better off rolling back to an older card like the gtx970. Uses more power. A lot. But it does the trick. The 1050 and 1060 are basically scams to me, the only advantage leap there is power consumption, not calculating power.
  • UYscuti69
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jboyd9005 wrote: »
    Off to never, never land again … try to quit - "Quitting..." screen in forefront, game moves to new round in background - left in limbo and back to Task Mgr to abort BFV and start again - now happens over and over and over and.... you get the msg

This also was an old issue back in BF1. As far as I remember, this bug was present in BF1 when BFV launched, so, don't expect Dice to fix this at any time.
  • Aditrex
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i droped few frames defenetly patch has not improved fps
  • syzgiN
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Huge FPS drops on ultra. Went from 120ish max, 90 min to 88max 57min. On a 1080.
  • Raptor_i81
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Worse after the patch ... not smooth.
  • Hkpowa
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    still unplayable ... absolutly no optimization has been done if you dont play with RTX card !
  • Ne0tax
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Same Performance but rnd frezzes every 10min

110-140 Fps in CQ 64, only on Narvik on Flag E frame drops under 100fps in the middle of the game
    I7 6700k @4.5Ghz 85-95% Load
    R9 Fury @1050Mhz
    Driver 18.11.1
    144Hz FreeSync ON

FullHD Low Settings + config
  • StingX71
    683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Graphics seem better for some reason. Better contrast and crisp, the annoying shine I had on roads/textures is much better. FPS seems about the same. GUI/Assignments/setting loadouts etc, still a mess imho. The cost for some of these skins is ridiculous. I've got 40k in the bank, they want 20k for one tank skin.....seriously?
  • VonReisler
    543 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jabaariyn wrote: »
    My performance is same as before 60FPS, locked to my monitor resolution, running on an 8 year old rig, with only one change in all that time. Runs great, no issues.

I7 2600K - Stock, 16GB Corsair Vengencace ram @ 1600Mhz, H80 Corsair liqiud cooling, 1TB Crucial SSD, 1100Watt Power Supply, GTX1080SC(one year old)

running the 2600k @ stock! are you insane? O'clock that sucker to 4.7 and watch your performance increase.
  • VonReisler
    543 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Xbon wrote: »
    XCRDR wrote: »

Good job DICE

man, I haven't played yet today, but those 0.5 second freezes happen to me /all/ the time... since launch.

It's the Game/Servers doing that.
    @Xbone - I'm sure scumbag Co Nvidia paid Dice plenty to optimize for RTX.
  • TyroneLoyd
    891 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Has anyone overclocked there ram and received similar performance gains like I did?
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    443 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Running the same as pre patch
  • V4LI4NT
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have a RTX 2080ti and i have a huge drop in fps and it's not smooth anymore. Before patch i was like 144-120. Now its 110-70. I also had my first crash today. Strait to desktop, no bs or error message. I'm sorry to say.....this is fubar. Or snafu. You pick.
  • d3oneGeneral
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This game is unplayable, I can't run this game on 1440p in low.
    It takes forever to load a map, sometime black screen after reload.
    i7-3770k @ 4.4Ghz
    16GB 1866mhz
    gtx1080ti
    This game is just a big disappointment