How’s the new patch? Performance

Comments

• Belegaren
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still pretty bad. Can't get a steady framerate above 70, let alone 144, (frequent dips down to 40ish) with my setup. No matter what setting.
    i7-4790k
    1080ti
    16GB Ram
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Performance is worse so far, not unplayable but getting more weird FPS dips/spikes than I was pre patch.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm introduced to more stutter. Weird.
  • prettykus
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ı have huge fps lose with last patch

like 20-30 fps.

its bad, i think devs and nvidia wants us to take new rtx card
  • Rambaldi88
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm an hardware technician in Italy and I work to optimize my customer's pc, so I know what I am speaking about. Here in italy I cannot find one competitive player that feels the game is running smoothly for him. Even iFr0z3n with a 1300€ 7960x and a pair of 1080 ti SLI is getting stuttering on 240hz monitors. I am on ryzen @4.1ghz with 1080 and 3466cl14 ram gsync 144hz, and it stutters. Its not a "frame per second" problem, we have plenty fps, but the frametime is awfully microspiking. In dx12 it is a straight line but it is clear to me that engine is entirely skipping some frames (maybe not everyone is trained to see this) therefore it feels laggy. And ofc we have tried every frameaheadlimit we could possibly try (as in bf4 and 1) but simply doesn't help: even with more fps, it is stuttering. Bf1 was running so smoothly on the same hardware that just feels impossible with a game with so few changes in engine (that gives nothing more than TAA blur) a so major change in performance. Maybe the thread ripartition is wrong and they need to go back to bf1 core scheduling, I don't know. Game is very funny but I won't play it anymore until it gets smooth.
  • BroPyp
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't understand all these problems you guys seem to be having, this patch has improved performance for me.

Here are the main components of my setup if it helps:

GPU: GTX 1080ti
    CPU: i7 8700k @ 3.9GHz
    RAM: 16GB 2400MHz (Dual Channel)
    Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU (1440p)

I have turned Future Frame Rendering OFF and enabled DX12.

A Domination match on Hamada saw me never going below 100fps at all, and I have Ultra texture quality, Medium texture filtering, Ultra mesh quality and everything else on Low.

On Twisted Steel with 64 players, I never dropped below 80fps, all running at 2560x1440

• jimm0o
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    same here, after patch for first time i see my fps counter dips going yellow (under 60 fps) also yesterday alot of friends quit early, because this stuttering probs.
    1080 gtx
    16gb
  • Warlust_gg
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BroPyp wrote: »
    I don't understand all these problems you guys seem to be having, this patch has improved performance for me.

A Domination match on Hamada saw me never going below 100fps at all, and I have Ultra texture quality, Medium texture filtering, Ultra mesh quality and everything else on Low.

On Twisted Steel with 64 players, I never dropped below 80fps, all running at 2560x1440

• D34DM4N91
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey guys,

With the latest patch my performance is pretty much the same. If you haven't already, try some of the things below to see if that helps. Im on a 2600k @4.7ghz and a gtx1080 with rock solid performance (on the 3 maps i had time to try since the new patch).

This is what I did to achieve this:
    1)First I upgraded my windows 10 to the new 1809
    2)Secondly I went into my BF5 folder and disabled full screen optimisation for BF5.exe
    3) I set pre rendered frames in NV control panel to 1
    4) I set my in game settings to ultra DX11 with future frame rendering on

Let me know how you go!
  • JiggleWang
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    So finally played a bit last night and tried out RTX in multi player with RTX quality at low. I was getting around 90-100 fps but it felt like I was getting input lag plus a couple pretty nasty hitches.

RTX off, ran very well as before nice and smooth no issues.

I didn’t really notice any TAA improvement in terms of clarity and will probably run reshade or sweetfx to sharpen it up a bit.
  • the_moth_hunter
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JiggleWang wrote: »

This is a driver issue thats been reported at Nvidia forums for notebooks, expecting a hotfix soon.

Good to know, thanks!
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've noticed something. When you are zooming in with a scope 3x(or higher) and you shoot and keep zoomed in, it seems like game starts skipping frames(the fps counter stays the same tho). It is a weird anomally.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Actually I'm getting a weird freeze issue post patch. The game will completely lock up for a few seconds then recover. Doesn't happen that often but when it does it's rather disconcerting.

• Lahoo_Eckbert
    Actually I'm getting a weird freeze issue post patch. The game will completely lock up for a few seconds then recover. Doesn't happen that often but when it does it's rather disconcerting.

That happened to me too a couple of times. Rare thing, but surely annoying.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Had that too a couple of times. I swear the game is trolling me because it almost always happens when I'm in a diving plane. Game stops for a second and starts up again just in time for me to see myself hit the ground. Thanks game.
  • merkmerk73
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Went from smooth 120 (using cap) at all times with a mix of medium/high settings on 1080ti + i7 8700k @ 5.2ghz

To some kind of stuttery, unplayable garbage fest with constant frame drops. I rolled back drivers but still saw the issues. Not bothering to play this game till it's addressed.
  • GLENN37216
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm not getting stutters after the patch but I did notice the frame time in the game has changed for the worse. It's almost as if the patch changed the way the game renderes ahead frames. Even while zoomed in there is now a noticeable frame time variance. it's playable but downright odd comparing the new code to the old. the game feelsmore "floaty" .

CPU COOLER- Thermaltake Water 3.0 RGB
    CASE -Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered Glass Edition
    GPU - 2X - GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G [www.gigabyte.com]
    (Coming soon - RTX 2080 TI )
    CPU- Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake @ 5ghz 1.296v (Winter) 4.8ghz 1.296v (Summer)
    MOTHERBOARD - GA-Z270X-Gaming K7 [www.gigabyte.com]
    MONITOR - ASUS PG278QR [www.asus.com] / Acer Predator XB271HK 3840 x 2160
    RAM - HyperX Predator 64 GB DDR4 3200 RAM
    HARD DRIVES - Samsung 1TB 960 PRO NVMe M.2 Internal SSD
    4X SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB SSD
    PSU - EVGA 1300 WATT SUPERNOVA G2 [www.evga.com]
    MOUSE - SteelSeries Sensei 310 [steelseries.com] Logitech G PRO Wireless [www.logitechg.com]
    MOUSE PAD - Razer Destructor 2 [www.razer.com] / Logitech G440
    HEADSET - SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC [steelseries.com] FiiO E10K Olympus 2 (Dac) w / DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm / Hyper X Cloud 2
    KEYBOARD - G910 Mechanical [www.logitechg.com]
    VR - HTC VIVE w/ Gear VR Lens Mod
    PERIPHERALS - Xim APEX , Logitech G Pro Flight X56 Rhino , Razer Wolverine Tournament Edition
    Benchmarks :
    3DMark Firestrike : http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/20045687

My (current) 3D Printer(s) : Tevo Tornado
    My Thingiverse Profile :
    https://www.thingiverse.com/Glenn37216/designs
  • ZyRonNR1
    41 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've noticed something. When you are zooming in with a scope 3x(or higher) and you shoot and keep zoomed in, it seems like game starts skipping frames(the fps counter stays the same tho). It is a weird anomally.

Same here! Annoying!
  • EliteLima
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have a GTX 1050 and a i5 7th gen chip and I could run the game with pre decent performance on Ultra before the update and now I cant even run it on low otherwise ill have like 5 fps

What is your cpu? Im with a 1050ti i5 7400 and on med i get 50-80 fps
  • Seadragon01
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    since the update, the automatice weapons have reverted to single shot only, fire once game freeze, have to hit escape to re- enter game, carry on, come to fire fight engage enemy, fire 1 round, get killed, end of the line, hopeless., game is useless!! The game seems to be quite capable on single player, but cannot handle the pace on MP