Practice Range - Am I stupid or is it?

JW063
262 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Seems to me, I can't practice on the practice range with MY weapons specced out the way I've specced them out, can only use the generic ones provided on the range.

Now am I missing something which makes me stupid or am I right in which case - what is the point of the practice range?

Comments

• FillthyCasuall
    96 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you cant use your guns with max spec or any spec'ing then just get use to how the gun feels as is and i'm sure the spec in online games will feel better. At least you'll know how to fire the gun properly and use it to its full potential. Just my guess
  • JW063
    dmccar1001 wrote: »
    They totally botched this … you should be able to try any weapon/vehicle in the game with any specialization in the practice range … it would then be an incentive to play the game more to unlock the weapon/vehicle outside of the practice range. You should also be able to equip any of the outfits for sale on the practice range … I can't believe a company like EA does not see the potential to market items in the practice range.

So I'm not stupid then? You're telling me you just can't use the specs you've applied to your own guns and vehicles on the range?

Which means, it is absolutely useless. They would've been better off just giving us Hamada as a locked server for personal use. We'll make our own targets.

What were they thinking?
  • diagoro
    1592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EA logic.....if players can test evert weapon in the test range, they might discover one isn't worth buying, and not spend the money".
  • BaronVonGoon
    7051 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The Practice Range is a great addition though it's over complicated for no reason. Why all the logistics, button presses and interactions. It's miles ahead of the BF4 range but some things are a bit too cute.
  • smys123
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In the update notes it clearly says base weapons
  • DavTan
    843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's rubbish unless I've not worked it out properly. Agree with the op about the guns but what about only being able to pick the German aa tank or the Churchill or the car and the tank range is pathetic ... 2 cardboard tank targets and a couple of infy of which don't even move and are at the bottom of a hill so you have to be close because the gun depression on the churchy is not enough. What's the point of that.
    At least you get some moving targets with the aa tank. The only semi decent thing on the whole range is the flying practice.
    The bf4 range was far better.
    Why has the design gone backwards ?
  • BaronVonGoon
    7051 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it definitely should allow us to test different specializations/attachments.
  • smys123
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DavTan wrote: »
    The bf4 range was far better.
    Why has the design gone backwards ?

Agreed!
  • EdwinSpangler
    1843 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Im disappointed to say the very least.. 4 players sounds cool although I have no idea how that works..

Hey tho, I bet they really WOW'D (whoever they show these things off to) with those waving targets!!
  • l_Grand_Vizir_l
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'll try to stay calm and not troll but... it's hard with such tittle...
    I'm always amazed by people who barely take a look and jump on easy conclusion, then run on forums to shout their rage.
    Yes you can test all weapons, it's just in another part of the test range (not the obvious one in front of you when you 1st spawn).
    Maybe you should try to look around and explore ALL the test range...
  • smys123
    I'm always amazed by people who barely take a look and jump on easy conclusion, then run on forums to shout their rage.
    Yes you can test all weapons, it's just in another part of the test range (not the obvious one in front of you when you 1st spawn).

You can test all weapons, but they are base weapons. That was the OP's complaint.
  • DavTan
    843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I believe I have explored it all so please tell me how I change the spec on the guns and not just the scopes and skins as the op posted.
    Also could you tell me where I can practice in any tank and shoot at moving targets.
    Thanks
  • JW063
    edited December 2018

I'll try to stay calm and not troll but... it's hard with such ignorance...
    I'm always amazed by people who barely take a look at a post and jump on easy conclusion, then reply about something that had nothing to do with the post they quoted.
    Yes you can test all weapons, it's just in another part of the test range (not the obvious one in front of you when you 1st spawn). BUT YOU CAN'T SPEC THEM OUT! Which was the point of this whole thread!

Maybe you should try to read and comprehend ALL the original post...
  • DavTan
    JW063 wrote: »

I'll try to stay calm and not troll but... it's hard with such ignorance...
    I'm always amazed by people who barely take a look at a post and jump on easy conclusion, then reply about something that had nothing to do with the post they quoted.
    Yes you can test all weapons, it's just in another part of the test range (not the obvious one in front of you when you 1st spawn). BUT YOU CAN'T SPEC THEM OUT! Which was the point of this whole thread!

Maybe you should try to read and comprehend ALL the original post...

LOL you beat me to that bang on comeback ... He/she was asking for that
  • JW063
    edited December 2018
    I just seen a video on youtube where a tuber was giving the info on the Practice Range - and yup, no specs for either guns or vehicles land or air. So, it's basically there as a game mode, a very very boring game mode. Beat your high score or your friends shooting up dummies.

Which is fine, if you like that sort of thing and I wouldn't deny it to those that do. But why call it a Practice Range? Call it.... I don't know "Mini Games" or something THEN just give us something as simple as an empty Hamada server that we can spawn into and use whatever gun or vehicle that we've specced to our preference to shoot at.... anything! Even don't put any targets in there at all if it's too much trouble, we'll shoot rocks and shadows.

At least, we'll be able to P-R-A-C-T-I-C-E. You know, learning recoil patterns and ranges and reloads and how to fly and all those things we'd like to learn without being shot.
  • disposalist
    8942 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Ability to apply upgrades to practice range will be coming in a later update, no doubt... SOON (TM)...
  • DavTan
    Yeah it may seem strange to some people but I was looking forward to this practice range in order to get better in these slow badly balanced tanks without dying. I imagined being able to choose any vehicle and shooting at moving targets like I dunno er .... Bf4.
    I mean for goodness sake they put moving targets in for the planes.
    I coulda designed this range better.