Panzerstorm seems...empty?

GENERALONGDONG
403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Anyone else feel like this map just seems very empty even on a full server? Dice only went with 7 tanks per side which seems a lot but on a map of this size you can roll along for quite a bit and not see another enemy tank. Seems to me they got a bit conservative with the amount of vehicles they wanted to put onto the map. Personally id say even 10 tanks per side would seem a bit on the low side, 12 or so might make for a more interesting map.

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    6416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That's because it's a giant open field. Play the map before it. Or after it.
  • GENERALONGDONG
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Well aware of what it is, but for the most part you wouldn't even know there's a battle ongoing on it. Just seems to me they could have added more vehicles than they did to try and get some flow of enemies across the map.
  • MirageGT_2
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the map need more than 64 players
  • BaronVonGoon
    6416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Well aware of what it is, but for the most part you wouldn't even know there's a battle ongoing on it. Just seems to me they could have added more vehicles than they did to try and get some flow of enemies across the map.

Agreed. Definitely needs more tanks. Don't know why the map has to be this big when the tanks are so slow. Its bigger than Hamada!
  • CSO7777
    1030 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The map feels like old big BF-maps and has a lot of vehicles. A part of the community wants this and Dice has listened.

If you are an infantry player the map is pretty boring, but I've only played it once and it was better than expected (but still boring). It still becomes a "running simulator" for infantry, like a lot of the BF2 maps were.

I will consider leaving the game when the maps comes up, it's not really something for me (playing only infantry).
  • VincentNZ
    2417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do not even think the players wanted it. Even with 7 tanks per side plus a gunner in each one, you would still have more than half the players as infantry. That is the core of the Battlefield gameplay. Then they make 36 players run around a vast open field. Makes no sense to me, but these maps area way easier to develop than combined arms maps, so I am sure we will see more of that in the future.
    Expect the vast open fields of Crete, Ukraine, Normandy, Seelow Heights and Midway.
  • GENERALONGDONG
    Played it a few times now, respawn times for the tanks seem to be around the 2 minute mark, imo too long as people will wait for a tank to spawn into. Doubling the amount of vehicles wouldn't be the worst idea ever, otherwise you just have massive swathes of the map with absolutely nothing going on.