Discussion & Dive-In - Battlefield V Chapter 1: Overture Update

Comments

• Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My thoughts:

The spotting flare on recon still needs a buff. The radius is tiny and useless.

When are you going to reverse the ridiculous range nerf of the throwing knives? 6.5 meters is just absurd. Especially since you only get 2 now (a reduction in quantity was something I actually supported). The range nerf in addition to that is just way over the top for something that most players really don't even get many kills with at all. Another useless recon item.
  • Quilex
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think the tides of war system is great fun and has a good mix of focus on real game play with fair rewards.

I do also have an issue that I don't deem to have had any coins retrospectively I have been level 50 for a couple of weeks. But did not notice any kind of bump in coins ( I am not sure how many I am meant to be looking for ). How many can we earn now above the 3 daily missions?

For coins I would rather see a second tier of daily missions harder but maybe worth 300 each .

It would also be useful to be able to switch assignments and Outfits during the game or pre game screen. Especially to make use of the different camo options.

Keep up the good work I am having a blast playing BFV
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fix endless EoR!
  • Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game will be amazing when it's hardcore

• DigitalContagion
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @EA_Alexander @danmotoxx

Missing "Special Assignment": M1907 SF Weapon Mastery VI - Reward: Golden Muzzle

I have the M1907 SF golden with the exception of the golden muzzle on PC. After the current patch was released, I was viewing the M1907 SF skins, I immediately noticed the "Golden Muzzle" was "locked". Before this patch, I've unlocked, assigned and completed every M1907 SF Mastery and M1907 SF Proficiency with both Mint and Golden customization skins unlocked. It's been well over a week since I've completed both. The ONLY assignments I have right now in the special assignment list are for the KE7, nothing else. I did not discard the M1907 SF assignment by mistake, replace it or that sort of thing. It just was never available.

I've noticed before the patch, there was no "golden muzzle" for the M1907 SF despite completing every Mastery task , and I felt that was kinda odd. Usually, either the first or second weapon Mastery assignment rewards you the golden muzzle. I've also checked after the patch if by chance the assignment would populate daily to which it still has not made it into "Special Assignments". I've also checked "Shipments" daily to see if the reward would populate as well, to which, no joy. I'm not the only one who noticed this missing assignment as well. I've reached out to numerous players in and out of game who've also have the golden M1907 SF and do not have the "golden muzzle" assignment.

At this point, I'm unsure what the solution is if there are no assignments available for the M1907 SF Mastery VI to unlock the Golden Muzzle. Will there be a update for missing "Special Assignments" or are myself and other players stuck with a locked golden muzzle? Thanks!

Information for consideration:

M1907 SF Level 10
    Assault Class Level 20
  • jtreme33
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Will there be a Hardcore mode?
  • EA_Alexander
    542 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    @EA_Alexander @danmotoxx

Missing "Special Assignment": M1907 SF Weapon Mastery VI - Reward: Golden Muzzle

I have the M1907 SF golden with the exception of the golden muzzle on PC. After the current patch was released, I was viewing the M1907 SF skins, I immediately noticed the "Golden Muzzle" was "locked". Before this patch, I've unlocked, assigned and completed every M1907 SF Mastery and M1907 SF Proficiency with both Mint and Golden customization skins unlocked. It's been well over a week since I've completed both. The ONLY assignments I have right now in the special assignment list are for the KE7, nothing else. I did not discard the M1907 SF assignment by mistake, replace it or that sort of thing. It just was never available.

I've noticed before the patch, there was no "golden muzzle" for the M1907 SF despite completing every Mastery task , and I felt that was kinda odd. Usually, either the first or second weapon Mastery assignment rewards you the golden muzzle. I've also checked after the patch if by chance the assignment would populate daily to which it still has not made it into "Special Assignments". I've also checked "Shipments" daily to see if the reward would populate as well, to which, no joy. I'm not the only one who noticed this missing assignment as well. I've reached out to numerous players in and out of game who've also have the golden M1907 SF and do not have the "golden muzzle" assignment.

At this point, I'm unsure what the solution is if there are no assignments available for the M1907 SF Mastery VI to unlock the Golden Muzzle. Will there be a update for missing "Special Assignments" or are myself and other players stuck with a locked golden muzzle? Thanks!

Information for consideration:

M1907 SF Level 10
    Assault Class Level 20

Thanks for sharing, we'll pass that on. Please make sure you're reporting all potential bugs here. This makes our QA teams happy :)
  • FatAirborne
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have built machine guns and used in game stationary weapons and still have not unlocked This weeks hold the fort challenge what am I doing wrong
  • Aegis_Kleais
    374 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was disheartened to see no change to the netcode. I want to think "Maybe next patch?" But that hope died a while back when I saw the exact same issues in BF3, BF4 and BF1.

I absolute hate dying in 1-2 bullets, behind cover, and sinking magazines into enemies only to have them lose 20% health.
  • MasterMeiniek
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi

I do not like playing conquest game mode how can I get through the Tides of War content? is it not supposed to be fun to play?
  • Sou1__0062
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still company coin bug on 50 lvl not fixed dont getting them great ;) !
  • shortyboj
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Medic/support hp and ammo crates should be visible on your teammates minimap so it can compete against the pouches.
  • Aegis_Kleais
    374 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    shortyboj wrote: »
    Medic/support hp and ammo crates should be visible on your teammates minimap so it can compete against the pouches.

I'd prefer it show up as a HUD icon as well when within a certain range of you. Would help direct you to the nearest refit.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    Hi the only thing I want to know about is when custom servers (hardcore mode) will be available. Please get a response that answers the question, many of us are desperate and our experience is totally ruined without them.
  • danmotoxx
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    Apologies, everyone! There was a miscommunication between our internal teams. The Company Coin Retroactive Award has not been processed. I've updated the article with the following:

Company Coin Retroactive Award (to be completed)
    Status: We’re currently investigating a proposed fix that will retroactively award players who reached Max Rank 50 prior to the recent Max Rank 50 Company Coin accrual fix (the previous issue did not allow Max Rank 50 to accrue Company Coin anymore). This retroactive award will credit player inventories with the appropriate Company Coin for time spent in game at Max Rank 50 where players were not receiving new Company Coin. Apologies on previously communicating that the retroactive award was processed – there was a miscommunication between teams. Thanks for the understanding.
  • Kaktusfresser
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    After winning a round in Breakthrough there is no XP award for the winning team anymore? I am sure before the update the winning team got 2x or more XP. Now it seems to be only 1x?
  • Beat_Mangler80
    Please give us some information about Custom servers / hardcore mode.
    Please.
  • RankyRob
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    [PC] I’d like to share three game-breaking bugs that I’ve encountered during my playtime of Battlefield V.

Infinite Loading Screen: Self-explanatory. I’ve encountered it both mid-game and while joining/leaving a game. This bug presents itself in one of two ways: it either shows a black loading screen or it displays a normal loading screen but with two “V” loading symbols. Regardless, both result in my game locking up and me being unable to access any form of leaving the game other than force quitting with Task Manager or alt+f4

Infinte Bleedout Screen: I can’t see this happening very often, however this has to be addressed. As I entered the bleedout screen after being downed by an enemy, a medic began reviving me but died at the peak of the animation. This resulted in me being stuck in the bleedout screen for the rest of the game. I was unable to redeploy (the option was gone from the menu), I couldn’t wait it out, and I couldn’t use the speed up button to let myself die. Even when I was able to get an enemy to throw an incendiary grenade at my body and shoot it with a Panzerfaust, I still couldn’t leave the screen. This persisted throughout the last five minutes of the game as I sat in the same spot waiting for one of the teams’ tickets to hit zero.

”Lost Connection to Server” after Death: Every few games, I will die and get sent to the main menu only to be greeted with a text box saying, “Lost connection to server”. Most notably, this bug has occcurred more frequently after dying in planes than dying as infantry or in any other vehicle. While this may sound like an Internet issue, I can’t say the last time I’ve been booted from other games because of losing connection due to an outage or high ping. I average about 40 to 50 ping and the worst I’ve had to deal with was slight rubberbanding.

Please fix this.
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    danmotoxx wrote: »
    Apologies, everyone! There was a miscommunication between our internal teams. The Company Coin Retroactive Award has not been processed. I've updated the article with the following:

Company Coin Retroactive Award (to be completed)
    Status: We’re currently investigating a proposed fix that will retroactively award players who reached Max Rank 50 prior to the recent Max Rank 50 Company Coin accrual fix (the previous issue did not allow Max Rank 50 to accrue Company Coin anymore). This retroactive award will credit player inventories with the appropriate Company Coin for time spent in game at Max Rank 50 where players were not receiving new Company Coin. Apologies on previously communicating that the retroactive award was processed – there was a miscommunication between teams. Thanks for the understanding.

add endless EoR back to known issue list too pls
  • Pedersen2k3k
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't worry. Game is dead in six months.