We have pushed a fix to address the issue with Rank 20 rewards. If you are missing your rewards for Class Rank 20, please play a match to completion and the Rewards should drop into your Armory.

Thanks for sticking with us.

Tips from a Medic Main (Stop Complaining!)

«1345
thebossman2202
56 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Stem-Good at mid range
Suomi-Room Cleaner(Top 5th gun IMO)
Mp-40- Classic gun that feels great
Emp-MP20-MP38: Basically each gun is the same. EACH have a unique feel to them so its personal choice).
Each are the Kings of hipfire unless you upgrade Suomi to have a higher RPM
Thompson.....its a thompson guys. That is all

Stop complaining, revive the team, heal the team, use the smoke grenades.

And if you really want kills? Kill an Assault and steal their gun. No I am serious. You will most likely pick up an Stum or a Geweher 48. Now you can heal yourself and play at any range. I do a great job too playing like this.

Comments

  • xXCA_RageXx
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    INB4 the the hate bandwagon.
  • HuwJarz
    3716 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

    And if you really want kills? Kill an Assault and steal their gun. No I am serious. You will most likely pick up an Stum or a Geweher 48. Now you can heal yourself and play at any range. I do a great job too playing like this.

    Or, just balance the guns so that each class is equally viable. The proof will be in teh stats when they are available, but one only has to look at servers on all maps except Fjell and you will see a real lack of medics. Its not an attractive option.
  • thebossman2202
    56 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »

    And if you really want kills? Kill an Assault and steal their gun. No I am serious. You will most likely pick up an Stum or a Geweher 48. Now you can heal yourself and play at any range. I do a great job too playing like this.

    Or, just balance the guns so that each class is equally viable. The proof will be in teh stats when they are available, but one only has to look at servers on all maps except Fjell and you will see a real lack of medics. Its not an attractive option.

    I know that but still, you gotta use the medics to its strengths. It aint easy but the team needs them
  • Malecite
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 6
    Stem-Good at mid range
    Suomi-Room Cleaner(Top 5th gun IMO)
    Mp-40- Classic gun that feels great
    Emp-MP20-MP38: Basically each gun is the same. EACH have a unique feel to them so its personal choice).
    Each are the Kings of hipfire unless you upgrade Suomi to have a higher RPM
    Thompson.....its a thompson guys. That is all

    Stop complaining, revive the team, heal the team, use the smoke grenades.

    And if you really want kills? Kill an Assault and steal their gun. No I am serious. You will most likely pick up an Stum or a Geweher 48. Now you can heal yourself and play at any range. I do a great job too playing like this.

    Okay I want you to re-read what you wrote in that last part there.

    "If you really want kills kill an assault and steal their gun"

    Do you have any idea how utterly stupid that sounds?

    So the purpose of the medic has become a trash man that picks people up and heals people?

    The idea that you are a purely support based class with guns that are literally inferior in every way that matters to assault is the worst class design DICE could have come up with. The problem is this is a first person SHOOTER, not first person *press E and the #3* simulator.

    If they don't make medic fun to play then there is no point to the class, especially with squad revives and medic crates at every point.
  • thebossman2202
    56 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I read this post before and I agree bro, but I am telling you through experience that SMGS are GOOD but not the best. You can make them work with the right situational awareness but I do agree they need a buff in TTK. I would make the Stem and Mp40 better at range and make the Thompson and Suomi slightly better damage. Thats all really
  • Malecite
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I read this post before and I agree bro, but I am telling you through experience that SMGS are GOOD but not the best. You can make them work with the right situational awareness but I do agree they need a buff in TTK. I would make the Stem and Mp40 better at range and make the Thompson and Suomi slightly better damage. Thats all really

    Medics need some ability to engage at medium range, because right now the maps are designed so people can see and indeed SHOOT YOU at ranges beyond 150+m. While your gun is effective up to maybe 20, 30 if your lucky. Smokes aren't a boon, they are a requirement to even get to a point where you can land meaningful shots. It's not FUN to play medic so you don't see people playing Medic, as a result the game only really has 2 viable classes, Recon is still almost as pointless as medic atm.
  • thebossman2202
    56 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Malecite wrote: »
    Stem-Good at mid range
    Suomi-Room Cleaner(Top 5th gun IMO)
    Mp-40- Classic gun that feels great
    Emp-MP20-MP38: Basically each gun is the same. EACH have a unique feel to them so its personal choice).
    Each are the Kings of hipfire unless you upgrade Suomi to have a higher RPM
    Thompson.....its a thompson guys. That is all

    Stop complaining, revive the team, heal the team, use the smoke grenades.

    And if you really want kills? Kill an Assault and steal their gun. No I am serious. You will most likely pick up an Stum or a Geweher 48. Now you can heal yourself and play at any range. I do a great job too playing like this.

    Okay I want you to re-read what you wrote in that last part there.

    "If you really want kills kill an assault and steal their gun"

    Do you have any idea how utterly stupid that sounds?

    So the purpose of the medic has become a trash man that picks people up and heals people?

    The idea that you are a purely support based class with guns that are literally inferior in every way that matters to assault is the worst class design DICE could have come up with. The problem is this is a first person SHOOTER, not first person *press E and the #3* simulator.

    If they don't make medic fun to play then there is no point to the class, especially with squad revives and medic crates at every point.

    Bro, thats what medics do! Medics are supposed to pick people up and heal them. Thats their purpose. I like doing that! I like risling my life to revive 3 teammates in a smoke cloud. I like picking up guns off of dead players and getting kills with it because it feels tactical! And dude have you used all the guns? Cause I have and have wrecked people who could of killed me if not for me being in my designated range
  • thebossman2202
    56 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Malecite wrote: »
    I read this post before and I agree bro, but I am telling you through experience that SMGS are GOOD but not the best. You can make them work with the right situational awareness but I do agree they need a buff in TTK. I would make the Stem and Mp40 better at range and make the Thompson and Suomi slightly better damage. Thats all really

    Medics need some ability to engage at medium range, because right now the maps are designed so people can see and indeed SHOOT YOU at ranges beyond 150+m. While your gun is effective up to maybe 20, 30 if your lucky. Smokes aren't a boon, they are a requirement to even get to a point where you can land meaningful shots. It's not FUN to play medic so you don't see people playing Medic, as a result the game only really has 2 viable classes, Recon is still almost as pointless as medic atm.

    Sorry but I disagree. Maybe they should ads a combat role that enhances medics gunplay? That sounds the most balanced. Recon is played extensively on several maps like Twisted Steel, Rotterdam and of course Hamada. Also a 150m? Lets calm down there. Maybe a 100m but not 150m dude
  • Malecite
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 6
    Malecite wrote: »
    Stem-Good at mid range
    Suomi-Room Cleaner(Top 5th gun IMO)
    Mp-40- Classic gun that feels great
    Emp-MP20-MP38: Basically each gun is the same. EACH have a unique feel to them so its personal choice).
    Each are the Kings of hipfire unless you upgrade Suomi to have a higher RPM
    Thompson.....its a thompson guys. That is all

    Stop complaining, revive the team, heal the team, use the smoke grenades.

    And if you really want kills? Kill an Assault and steal their gun. No I am serious. You will most likely pick up an Stum or a Geweher 48. Now you can heal yourself and play at any range. I do a great job too playing like this.

    Okay I want you to re-read what you wrote in that last part there.

    "If you really want kills kill an assault and steal their gun"

    Do you have any idea how utterly stupid that sounds?

    So the purpose of the medic has become a trash man that picks people up and heals people?

    The idea that you are a purely support based class with guns that are literally inferior in every way that matters to assault is the worst class design DICE could have come up with. The problem is this is a first person SHOOTER, not first person *press E and the #3* simulator.

    If they don't make medic fun to play then there is no point to the class, especially with squad revives and medic crates at every point.

    Bro, thats what medics do! Medics are supposed to pick people up and heal them. Thats their purpose. I like doing that! I like risling my life to revive 3 teammates in a smoke cloud. I like picking up guns off of dead players and getting kills with it because it feels tactical! And dude have you used all the guns? Cause I have and have wrecked people who could of killed me if not for me being in my designated range

    Great, you are a minority.

    I enjoy all the things you've mentioned, in fact I've mained medic throughout my career in battlefield since BF1942.

    But the problem in this game is the TTK is ABSURDLY low, you die in less than a second to some of the assault rifles. Right now the sten is the best all around gun for the medic except maybe the pre nerf thompson, and you still DIE to STG's and DMR's ludicriously quickly.

    On top of that ADS'ing with some of the guns like the soumi is virtually impossible due to the insane recoil.

    So as much as I like playing support, I don't want to feel like that's my only job. And with the map selection you are frequently in situations where you are getting shot and can't even return fire. Then there are equally frequent situations where you do shoot at someone but get outgunned at short range by literally every assault rifle.

  • Mrcleanjeans
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »

    And if you really want kills? Kill an Assault and steal their gun. No I am serious. You will most likely pick up an Stum or a Geweher 48. Now you can heal yourself and play at any range. I do a great job too playing like this.

    Or, just balance the guns so that each class is equally viable. The proof will be in teh stats when they are available, but one only has to look at servers on all maps except Fjell and you will see a real lack of medics. Its not an attractive option.

    Right after you get a participation trophy. Balance the guns.. play the game! Ya know.. I’m pretty sure if someone told you to do something withyiur creative work to suit their needs you’d tell’em to go take a hike. Done are the days where a game company is held hostage by the game world because god forbid it takes some time to actually master something. (Mastering in video games is just a series of kills until you hit the right rank, not actually using something within its pre specified boundaries and getting good at it.)

  • LEGATUS_AUGUSTI
    198 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Before teaching a lesson, get the names right at least.

    Good essay. Good luck "play at any range" with medic weapons in conquest
  • HuwJarz
    3716 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Malecite wrote: »
    I read this post before and I agree bro, but I am telling you through experience that SMGS are GOOD but not the best. You can make them work with the right situational awareness but I do agree they need a buff in TTK. I would make the Stem and Mp40 better at range and make the Thompson and Suomi slightly better damage. Thats all really

    Medics need some ability to engage at medium range, because right now the maps are designed so people can see and indeed SHOOT YOU at ranges beyond 150+m. While your gun is effective up to maybe 20, 30 if your lucky. Smokes aren't a boon, they are a requirement to even get to a point where you can land meaningful shots. It's not FUN to play medic so you don't see people playing Medic, as a result the game only really has 2 viable classes, Recon is still almost as pointless as medic atm.

    Let me provide you an example of why this is true.......

    I've been playing BFV and BF1 in pretty much equal measure in the last couple of weeks.

    Ive been counting how many pistol kills I make in the respective games:

    So over 2 nights playing about the same number of games:

    Average pistol kills per BF1 game - 5-6 per conquest round
    Average pistol kills per BFV game - 1 per conquest round

    The average engagement distance in BFV is far longer due to the fast TTK. Aim well and you win. This makes the medic guns ON AVERAGE less viable.

    BFV is mainly shooting dots in the distance. That is why medic is no fun.
  • HuwJarz
    3716 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 6
    HuwJarz wrote: »

    And if you really want kills? Kill an Assault and steal their gun. No I am serious. You will most likely pick up an Stum or a Geweher 48. Now you can heal yourself and play at any range. I do a great job too playing like this.

    Or, just balance the guns so that each class is equally viable. The proof will be in teh stats when they are available, but one only has to look at servers on all maps except Fjell and you will see a real lack of medics. Its not an attractive option.

    Right after you get a participation trophy. Balance the guns.. play the game! Ya know.. I’m pretty sure if someone told you to do something withyiur creative work to suit their needs you’d tell’em to go take a hike. Done are the days where a game company is held hostage by the game world because god forbid it takes some time to actually master something. (Mastering in video games is just a series of kills until you hit the right rank, not actually using something within its pre specified boundaries and getting good at it.)

    I'm not going to bite, but I will say this:

    In BF1 the 4 major classes are pretty much equally used. Each of the 4 major classes is used at least 18% of the time (scout) with a small spread - the biggest used class is 27%.
    You are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that similar balance between classes exists in BFV.

    Spoiler alert: The diversity of class play and BALANCE makes for a better experience for all players. There are literally 100's of posts on these forums stating that medics are struggling to enjoy the game. But yeah, I'm sure that we all just need to 'git gud'

    Tell me, what is your most played class? I'm gonna wager a bet that it is not medic. Feel free to share your PSN ID, etc so we can validate......
  • CHAMMOND1992
    715 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    HuwJarz wrote: »

    And if you really want kills? Kill an Assault and steal their gun. No I am serious. You will most likely pick up an Stum or a Geweher 48. Now you can heal yourself and play at any range. I do a great job too playing like this.

    Or, just balance the guns so that each class is equally viable. The proof will be in teh stats when they are available, but one only has to look at servers on all maps except Fjell and you will see a real lack of medics. Its not an attractive option.

    Right after you get a participation trophy. Balance the guns.. play the game! Ya know.. I’m pretty sure if someone told you to do something withyiur creative work to suit their needs you’d tell’em to go take a hike. Done are the days where a game company is held hostage by the game world because god forbid it takes some time to actually master something. (Mastering in video games is just a series of kills until you hit the right rank, not actually using something within its pre specified boundaries and getting good at it.)
    I'm sure that we all just need to 'git gud'

    Damn beat me to it.
  • thebossman2202
    56 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    HuwJarz wrote: »

    And if you really want kills? Kill an Assault and steal their gun. No I am serious. You will most likely pick up an Stum or a Geweher 48. Now you can heal yourself and play at any range. I do a great job too playing like this.

    Or, just balance the guns so that each class is equally viable. The proof will be in teh stats when they are available, but one only has to look at servers on all maps except Fjell and you will see a real lack of medics. Its not an attractive option.

    Right after you get a participation trophy. Balance the guns.. play the game! Ya know.. I’m pretty sure if someone told you to do something withyiur creative work to suit their needs you’d tell’em to go take a hike. Done are the days where a game company is held hostage by the game world because god forbid it takes some time to actually master something. (Mastering in video games is just a series of kills until you hit the right rank, not actually using something within its pre specified boundaries and getting good at it.)

    I'm not going to bite, but I will say this:

    In BF1 the 4 major classes are pretty much equally used. Each of the 4 major classes is used at least 18% of the time (scout) with a small spread - the biggest used class is 27%.
    You are liking i cloud cuckoo land if you think that similar balance between classes exists in BFV.

    Spoiler alert: The diversity of class play and BALANCE makes for a better experience for all players. There are literally 100's of posts on these forums stating that medics are struggling to enjoy the game. But yeah, I'm sure that we all just need to 'git gud'

    Tell me, what is your most played class? I'm gonna wager a bet that it is not medic. Feel free to share your PSN ID, etc so we can validate......

    I wont lie to you, Im a support main first before Im a medic main. But that was in BF3, BF4 and BF1. Ive always like having big ol guns. But the more I play medic the more I realize that I am not playing to get kills.
  • thebossman2202
    56 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    Gotta copy paste, couldn't be bothered to repeat the facts for a 10th time.

    The 2 problems SMGs have:
    • ARs, LMGs and MGs all kill with 4 bullets at 10m and less which is exactly the same as SMGs. Thing is, SMGs (excluding thompson and suomi, which can't hit anything reliably and in a decent TTK past like 12-15m), have a lower RoF therefore their TTK is higher and worse than ARs, LMGs and MGs which means SMGs are outDPSed in THEIR OWN (supposedly intended) NICHE. That is really poor balance. ARs, LMGs and MGs need to all have their TTK and BTK increased in CQC to give SMGs their niche back.
    • Considering all bf5 maps so far reward a lot more medium range intended weapons, medics have no good option for medium range. 5 BTK up to 30m while everybody else (ARs, LMGs and MGs) all have 5BTK up to 50m. Slower RoF SMGs (ie: Sten, MP34, EMP and MP40) need to have an accuracy buff (SIPS reduction) while also having their 5BTK range extended from 30 to at the very least 40m. Also, their 6BTK range moved back (from 30-50m) to 40-60m. Essentially just push back their BTK increments by 10m to each. That will give a reason to use slower RoF SMGs and give medics a chance at medium range without making them OP. Even with this buff, ARs, LMGs and MGs will still outshine SMGs at medium and longer ranges because SMGs will take between 6 to 8 shots (16,7; 14,28 and 13 damage per bullet respectively) to kill past 40m while all the other categories will be 5 BTK up to 50m, then 6 BTK onward (minimum damage for ARs and LMGs/MGs: 17 and 18.5 respectively).


    Both are what SMGs really need to be competitive and have good balance "intra-smg". Also, can't bring the bs "medics can heal which is a strong thing with the attrition system" moot argument as an excuse for medics to have statistically/objectively speaking worse weapons:
    1. Buddy revive. Even if you're a medic, you don't revive an ally when enemies are still nearby because you're dead even if it takes only 2 sec to revive. Also, once enemies are cleared, that it takes 2 sec or 5 sec to revive somebody, doesn't make a difference.
    2. everybody (re)spawns with a med kit
    3. can ressuply your med kit at any flag which is where you should spend most of your time anyway (around objectives) so it's easy to essentially have infinite med kits without the need of a medic.

    I'm just going to copy and paste this post everytime I see posts talking about how smgs are fine.

    Bro XD did you not read my response? I agree that it needs change and gave some ideas of what should change. Make a combat role that increases the effectiveness of SMGS
  • VindictiVagabond
    1100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 6
    bran1986 wrote: »
    Gotta copy paste, couldn't be bothered to repeat the facts for a 10th time.

    The 2 problems SMGs have:
    • ARs, LMGs and MGs all kill with 4 bullets at 10m and less which is exactly the same as SMGs. Thing is, SMGs (excluding thompson and suomi, which can't hit anything reliably and in a decent TTK past like 12-15m), have a lower RoF therefore their TTK is higher and worse than ARs, LMGs and MGs which means SMGs are outDPSed in THEIR OWN (supposedly intended) NICHE. That is really poor balance. ARs, LMGs and MGs need to all have their TTK and BTK increased in CQC to give SMGs their niche back.
    • Considering all bf5 maps so far reward a lot more medium range intended weapons, medics have no good option for medium range. 5 BTK up to 30m while everybody else (ARs, LMGs and MGs) all have 5BTK up to 50m. Slower RoF SMGs (ie: Sten, MP34, EMP and MP40) need to have an accuracy buff (SIPS reduction) while also having their 5BTK range extended from 30 to at the very least 40m. Also, their 6BTK range moved back (from 30-50m) to 40-60m. Essentially just push back their BTK increments by 10m to each. That will give a reason to use slower RoF SMGs and give medics a chance at medium range without making them OP. Even with this buff, ARs, LMGs and MGs will still outshine SMGs at medium and longer ranges because SMGs will take between 6 to 8 shots (16,7; 14,28 and 13 damage per bullet respectively) to kill past 40m while all the other categories will be 5 BTK up to 50m, then 6 BTK onward (minimum damage for ARs and LMGs/MGs: 17 and 18.5 respectively).


    Both are what SMGs really need to be competitive and have good balance "intra-smg". Also, can't bring the bs "medics can heal which is a strong thing with the attrition system" moot argument as an excuse for medics to have statistically/objectively speaking worse weapons:
    1. Buddy revive. Even if you're a medic, you don't revive an ally when enemies are still nearby because you're dead even if it takes only 2 sec to revive. Also, once enemies are cleared, that it takes 2 sec or 5 sec to revive somebody, doesn't make a difference.
    2. everybody (re)spawns with a med kit
    3. can ressuply your med kit at any flag which is where you should spend most of your time anyway (around objectives) so it's easy to essentially have infinite med kits without the need of a medic.

    I'm just going to copy and paste this post everytime I see posts talking about how smgs are fine.

    Tag me plz I want to see all them scrub posts being shut down by the quote haha
  • VOLBANKER
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 6
    Gotta copy paste, couldn't be bothered to repeat the facts for a 10th time.

    The 2 problems SMGs have:
    • ARs, LMGs and MGs all kill with 4 bullets at 10m and less which is exactly the same as SMGs. Thing is, SMGs (excluding thompson and suomi, which can't hit anything reliably and in a decent TTK past like 12-15m), have a lower RoF therefore their TTK is higher and worse than ARs, LMGs and MGs which means SMGs are outDPSed in THEIR OWN (supposedly intended) NICHE. That is really poor balance. ARs, LMGs and MGs need to all have their TTK and BTK increased in CQC to give SMGs their niche back.
    • Considering all bf5 maps so far reward a lot more medium range intended weapons, medics have no good option for medium range. 5 BTK up to 30m while everybody else (ARs, LMGs and MGs) all have 5BTK up to 50m. Slower RoF SMGs (ie: Sten, MP34, EMP and MP40) need to have an accuracy buff (SIPS reduction) while also having their 5BTK range extended from 30 to at the very least 40m. Also, their 6BTK range moved back (from 30-50m) to 40-60m. Essentially just push back their BTK increments by 10m to each. That will give a reason to use slower RoF SMGs and give medics a chance at medium range without making them OP. Even with this buff, ARs, LMGs and MGs will still outshine SMGs at medium and longer ranges because SMGs will take between 6 to 8 shots (16,7; 14,28 and 13 damage per bullet respectively) to kill past 40m while all the other categories will be 5 BTK up to 50m, then 6 BTK onward (minimum damage for ARs and LMGs/MGs: 17 and 18.5 respectively).


    Both are what SMGs really need to be competitive and have good balance "intra-smg". Also, can't bring the bs "medics can heal which is a strong thing with the attrition system" moot argument as an excuse for medics to have statistically/objectively speaking worse weapons:
    1. Buddy revive. Even if you're a medic, you don't revive an ally when enemies are still nearby because you're dead even if it takes only 2 sec to revive. Also, once enemies are cleared, that it takes 2 sec or 5 sec to revive somebody, doesn't make a difference.
    2. everybody (re)spawns with a med kit
    3. can ressuply your med kit at any flag which is where you should spend most of your time anyway (around objectives) so it's easy to essentially have infinite med kits without the need of a medic.

    I think I speak for several of us when I say that your effort to educate people about the facts of Medics and SMGs, in contrast to how it may feel for any individual to play them, is much appreciated.

    I wonder how many times the above has to be cut/pasted...

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!