Weekly BF

New Playstyle "Skill" Stats! (Video)

AFROSRB
317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited June 2016
Main point of a Conquest Game mode is PTO, by the new "Play Style" Stats you can see a player's Play-Style on which the Squad Leader and the rest of the squad need to rely on!

The new invented "Play-Style" System in the CTE of BF4 is a good one, which should be implemented in BF1. It shows you what kind of player you are.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield_4_CTE/comments/3ltx8n/skills_do_you_have_it/?

This was my suggestion, of course in BF1 new parameters would be added or changed:

"SKILL POINTS should depend on:

Game Mode

Class

(at least 50-55%) for

Most important thing in CQ is obviously Capturing & Defending Flags. The more Flags Captured & Defended the more points. Additional Skill Points for the one who conquers more different Flags,(I.E.: For example for conquering Flag A, B, C, D, E you get more additional skill points then conquering 5x Flag A only or 2x Flag A and 3x Flag B (5%-10%)

(20%) for

Engineers Skill Points for:

Most Kills with AT Mines & Slams
Most Kills with Launchers (RPG, SRAW, MBT,etc.)
Most Destroyed & Repaired Vehicles (separate from each other)

Assault Skill Points for:

Most Revivings
Most Healings
Most Kills with M320

Support Skill points for:

Most Resupply
Most Suppressions
Most kills with Mortar

Recon Skill points for:

Most Headshots
Most Kills with C4
Most Spawned Squad Teammates

(20%) for

Independent of a Class:

Most Successful followed Squad Leader Orders
Most Spotting Bonuses

By this the specific Class does what it meant to do & teamplay should be more engaged"
Post edited by AFROSRB on

Comments

• DoYuEvenShootBro
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Almost all of your stat suggestions are useless.Mortar kills ,or headshots,or c4 kills etc are not important in a objective mode.It does not matter how you kill someone

Honestly the only stats in the scoreboard should be flags capped,flags defended + time,vehicles destroyed and kills.
  • AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2016
    Almost all of your stat suggestions are useless.Mortar kills ,or headshots,or c4 kills etc are not important in a objective mode.It does not matter how you kill someone

Honestly the only stats in the scoreboard should be flags capped,flags defended + time,vehicles destroyed and kills.

You can have your opinion, that's fine, but if you've noticed and if you've looked shortly at the link about the New Skill Stats in BF4 CTE Subreddit, you could see that this was a general discussion about this issue and many great ideas have been suggested. Each class has to have their own specified stats and I pointed out not to forget the PTO Flag stats & Squad Related Stats. And to understand a part of a discussion the context of the whole is needed. Therefore the links.

And in addition to that, DICE can follow the links in case many great ideas have been forgotten, so they could review those again!

This was after some changes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield_4_CTE/comments/3v53ca/play_style_chart_continued/

"/u/mekwall I like the previous one more, cause it showed clearly what's intended by the terms.

Terms should be defined by the actual name of an action.The new terms aren't clear enough like in the previous illustrated play style.So for instance Kills should be named by "Kills". Most ppl say "I got such & such kills" and not "I got such & such hunts".

ASSAULT

If you see a term like "Medic" you can't instantly say that healing is intended, whereas "heals" if you see, it's clear without leaving any doubt behind.The Term "Marksman" is tied to Recon Class in BF, not to Assault. We should not mix up terms which are already established for years now!

ENGINEER

Since RPGs, MBTs has been nerft against Choppers (2 hit kill), it isn't good to make AT & AA-Kill Stat, reather it should be a Vehicle Damage related Stat!Writing out AT & AA is good"Repairs" should stay, cause in actual gameplay it's also called like this and not "Mechanic".There has to be also a kill stat for PDWs!!! Engineers are clearly in disadvantage compared to the 3 other classes regarding class typical weapon kills!!!

SUPPORT

"Bombardier" could be anyone who throws bombs, it should be something with "Mortar kills""Machine Gunner" is also too general it should be "MG Kills + Suppression", which is one of the most important issues with Support Class.

RECON

"Marksman" should be used for the Recon Class instead of "Headshooter" for the reason I mentioned above."Sniper"... I don't know, but C4 has to be involved for the Recon stats

CONCLUSION

Most of the new terms are simply too general and unclear

PTO

A Pentagon is showing to less stats which are actually needed.I made a suggestion in a previous comment to bring an Octagon, I'll post it again here as answer to this comment.PTO also hasn't been involved in current play style which is a big loss in my opinion. How it can be easily illustrated, plz see down below in my answer to this comment.

* IMO there should be more for each class, an octagon instead a pentagon could easily be shown.
    * One of the most demanded stats is The Objective & The Squad related stats, so this are already 2 more stats for each class whereby the Squad related stats are divided into 2 sections: (Squad Leader Followed orders by a soldier) & (Squad Leader getting points for orders that have been followed). By this we can see how one is as Squad leader and how one is squad related. And so we have 3 more stats for each class and we got an octagon.
    * The Objective could be illustrated by the whole octagon in an additional transparent color (blue like in gameplay), so the more a soldier PTO the more the octagon/pentagon is filled by the color.
    * Does the AT Stat for engineer contain all Vehicles like Jeeps, RHIB, Quad, MRAP and so on, or just Tanks & LAVs? If the second is the case then please take all Vehicles into consideration. Maybe it could be AV (Anti Vehicle) then?"
  • Carbonic
    1491 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    To me this seems like a slight improvement to the already existing skill system. It doesn't however fix what I really think is the issue with it. Can you make a skill number fair? For me that's a no and thus I don't think there should be a skill number. Let there be a statistics page, let the game show you interesting statistics about the last game and yourself, but don't let there be a magic number that somehow decides how good you should think you are. If you want to celebrate skill I'm more into a "here's one of many good plays of the last game" style of reward system where a capture of an important flag or the kill of a chopper that has destroyed your team gets rewarded by the rest of the server seeing it.
  • AFROSRB
    Carbonic wrote: »
    To me this seems like a slight improvement to the already existing skill system. It doesn't however fix what I really think is the issue with it. Can you make a skill number fair?

No, it can't be fully made to be fair, that's for sure, but it gives you some indications of your certain playstyle

• Carbonic
    1491 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    AFROSRB wrote: »
    To me this seems like a slight improvement to the already existing skill system. It doesn't however fix what I really think is the issue with it. Can you make a skill number fair?

No, it can't be fully made to be fair, that's for sure, but it gives you some indications of your certain playstyle

Then it's not a skill indicator anymore, and we are talking about something else than what this thread is about according to it's headline. But yeah sure, put a playstyle "meter" with the other stats where you could always get that information from anyway :p
  • AFROSRB
    edited June 2016
    AFROSRB wrote: »

Then it's not a skill indicator anymore, and we are talking about something else than what this thread is about according to it's headline. But yeah sure, put a playstyle "meter" with the other stats where you could always get that information from anyway :p

You're right, I should rename it then. I didn't take into account that the retail version of battlelog still has this "skill" stat at it's own, which was removed from the BF4's CTE battlelog by the "Playstyle" illustration. So I thought, that on the other thread, the "stats" as a whole were intended to be removed.
  • MLDBubbles2143
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Op I back you. Sometimes I wish we could revive Battlefield 2. Teamwork is rewarding so let us focus on doing your role on the battlefield and in the team. Play the objective.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6756 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I like the concept. Just needs more insight other than the basic classes. Vehicle/Infantry play ratio, Objective/Team/Squad play ratios etc. You can be a 2 map player and have top marks with the presented concept. It's same as Skill as far as being able to manipulate it. I'm not a fan of statistics that don't show enough of the whole picture. If you can rework the plot with more of the following info in mind then awesome.

Bal1yxK.jpg