"Death spotting" is a real thing. Confirmed by DICE.

2»

Comments

• TehDukeOfNukem
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Meh, it's not as annoying as the skulls popping up on dead players thing. Only spots you 2d rather than 3d
  • MoskitoBasti
    50 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    WHY WHY would they ever implement such a stupid "feature". WTF is going on with Dice. Are they all high all day. I really dont understand all the stupid design and gameplay decisions.
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Remove it please. I don't care if camping goes up at all. If I'm behind enemy lines racking up melee kills on those campers I don't think I should pop up on the minimap for no reason.

As other have said as well...tracer rounds are literally a bright line straight to where the camper is. It might as well be an X marks the spot for them.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It would be cool if you could place the yellow/red marker while your dying on the ground to alert just your squad. It would be optional and probably only used by the more serious of players.
  • mresla
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "we're investigating whether or not it's truly beneficial to the gameplay experience. As such, we've seen great feedback on this particular item and are looking to remove it in an upcoming update. "

Didn't make the known issues list.