Nerfed the Bomber to Death and Airplanes in General. You Crossed the Line

Comments

• xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the majority of the population would rather see them nerf pilots too far and adjust accordly than vice versa.
  • Krkan_xD
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Funny like when the needle moves away from “farming tools” like JU88 it is all bad now and game is now “ruined”. Been in a grand op game wher xdKarkan (not sure the name is correct, but he is second on ps4 leaderboard) went 267-3. We had no counter whatsoever a died every 10 secs. Our only plane we had was bomber “doing his thing”. That guy has 23k kills in total, 17k in Ju88. I see that the ez game he had is now ruined for him

true i cant do 300+ kills a game now i m so sad :(
    but i still can do 100+ a game so its all fine
  • Krkan_xD
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    hawk79_360 wrote: »
    Krkan_xD wrote: »
    Still i can make 100+ kill with ju-88,yday i made even 157 kills and i think that i can go over 200 if enemy team doesnt care about me ;)

Really?????? I've never done more than 60-5 and that was pre-patch. How do we know you are not making those numbers up. And not just an infantry soldier?
    And you can say I am not the best pilot, knowing I am not. But I consider myself decent at least. Obviously, without being a total jackass and attack the spawn locations.
    Don't take it the wrong way, but I find myself wondering how true your statement is.

pre-patch i could do almost 300+ on grand ops
    now its about 100-150

As u can see on BFV tracker i have 18k kills with ju88 and my goal is to get 100k with it (could do about 2500+ kills every day) but now i gonna just do about 1k i guess even less sometimes
  • SirBobdk
    4301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still i can make 100+ kill with ju-88,yday i made even 157 kills and i think that i can go over 200 if enemy team doesnt care about me ;)

Really?????? I've never done more than 60-5 and that was pre-patch. How do we know you are not making those numbers up. And not just an infantry soldier?
    And you can say I am not the best pilot, knowing I am not. But I consider myself decent at least. Obviously, without being a total jackass and attack the spawn locations.
    Don't take it the wrong way, but I find myself wondering how true your statement is.

now its about 100-150

As u can see on BFV tracker i have 18k kills with ju88 and my goal is to get 100k with it (could do about 2500+ kills every day) but now i gonna just do about 1k i guess even less sometimes
    Dont you find it boring. I stop flying in opreation in BF because it was no challange just flying and farming without any counter.
  • hawk79_360
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    thamac15 wrote: »
    Oooooooooo “you crossed the line” hahaha watch out for this internet tough guy!

However I do agree with planes being useless but they really don’t impact a victory or loss in this game. If you want planes wit real dogfights play BF4 and bf1

Well the title, was for impact, so I guess it worked. And I am glad at least we agree on something.
    Greetings!
  • Not-Your-Dad420
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    If you can't counter a bomber its your own fault for not having a single upgraded spitfire in a group of 32 people. Planes were fine now it feels like AA hits bombers harder than it does fighters. Game just feels backwards illogical and broken. Considering a refund.
  • ShoutingEnder
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So
    Funny like when the needle moves away from “farming tools” like JU88 it is all bad now and game is now “ruined”. Been in a grand op game wher xdKarkan (not sure the name is correct, but he is second on ps4 leaderboard) went 267-3. We had no counter whatsoever a died every 10 secs. Our only plane we had was bomber “doing his thing”. That guy has 23k kills in total, 17k in Ju88. I see that the ez game he had is now ruined for him

true i cant do 300+ kills a game now i m so sad :(
    but i still can do 100+ a game so its all fine

Sorry for the wrong name:-) it was not pretty for us to be slaugtered like that, moreover when on last map Arras there were two ju88 and we got bombed every 10secs. Good to see that good pilots stil can do “good” scores so flying is hardly death as some claim here
  • ShoutingEnder
    If you can't counter a bomber its your own fault for not having a single upgraded spitfire in a group of 32 people. Planes were fine now it feels like AA hits bombers harder than it does fighters. Game just feels backwards illogical and broken. Considering a refund.

Pre patch AA hardly scratch bombers so it is ok now
  • Masqerader
    639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Its okay for infantry to go 60-5, and get massive points from revives and ammo, but if you drop bombs from planes, or rockets, or play a tank really well with a group of people the first reaction is

NERF into the ground. I wish one of these days Dice developers would grow a pair and just tell people to shut up and deal with it.

Now you basically spin in circles as a plane dodging AA being shot from other side of the map.

Also the buff to panzerfaust, and this continued stupid of players running up to your tank and mines instant detonate needs to go, put it on a 15 second timer.. I MEAN WE WANT BALANCE RIGHT?
    I understand the OP's complaint to some extent although I never fly. There were considerable nerfs, but changes were also sorely needed.

Removing the ability to bomb the spawn at match start is the absolute best change - thank God they removed that.

But while you're complaining about the nerfs, please remember that the counters to planes are not plentiful on the maps, and they limited the ability of small arms to damage planes.

No it was overkill, AA especially mobile AA was strong enough, the PROBLEM was people were complaining it was weak, when they were using RANK 0 AA

Bombers needed a nerf (the 32 bombs was a bug) and a slight increase from stationary AA, but it also needs a major range reduction so it can be attacked by ground units(of course this was ignored) and now you can sit in an uncap at an ammo dump as AA and shoot for days with no threat.

the changes need to be reverted or make the cooldown timers on bombs/rockets the same as in bf1 planes.
  • xxShiftyxxx
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

now its about 100-150

How can you get 2500 kills a day??

Do you have Job or are you on tax payers welfare pay just to sit at home playing games. I have always wondered how these top players in the stats have time to play so many hours and get so many kills in the limited time we have in the day..
  • Not-Your-Dad420
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Pre patch AA hardly scratch bombers so it is ok now

only ever escaped AA with ~20-40 hp. 80 damage is hardly a scratch
  • Krkan_xD

now its about 100-150

Dont you find it boring. I stop flying in opreation in BF because it was no challange just flying and farming without any counter.

What do u mean without any counter ?
    I can kill any ju88 pilot with my spitfire,its not my fault that ppl dont know how to deal with ju88 lol
    So far i do have fun on this,we will see will it get boring later idk myb it will who knows
  • ShoutingEnder
    Masqerader wrote: »
    Its okay for infantry to go 60-5, and get massive points from revives and ammo, but if you drop bombs from planes, or rockets, or play a tank really well with a group of people the first reaction is

NERF into the ground. I wish one of these days Dice developers would grow a pair and just tell people to shut up and deal with it.

Now you basically spin in circles as a plane dodging AA being shot from other side of the map.

Also the buff to panzerfaust, and this continued stupid of players running up to your tank and mines instant detonate needs to go, put it on a 15 second timer.. I MEAN WE WANT BALANCE RIGHT?

1. You can hardly see infantry go 60-5

2. Even if that’s true then it is well deserved as it’s 32 other players against him (not talking about hillhumping sniper though

But in plane it was one player in fighter against one in bomber who could be switching seats and shred any “less then average” fighter pilot and then continue with farming infantry with 3d reticle => no aim needed
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Masqerader wrote: »

If an infantry went 60-5, they earned it comparatively to the those broken bombers, not to mention they probably did a whole lot more for their team.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Iightblack wrote: »
    Every nerf was totally necessary. Since BF1 (so also BF5) a plane can kill just pressing a button when it is over a flag. In BF3/4, jets were very strong, but in order to kill tanks/infantry you needed skill.

Can only agree. BF5 planes just don't need much skill.

• SirBobdk
    4301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Iightblack wrote: »
    Every nerf was totally necessary. Since BF1 (so also BF5) a plane can kill just pressing a button when it is over a flag. In BF3/4, jets were very strong, but in order to kill tanks/infantry you needed skill.

Can only agree. BF5 planes just don't need much skill.

No they dont. Last game that took skills was BF2 imo.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No they dont. Last game that took skills was BF2 imo.

Yeah but BF3/4 at least required decent skills, since BF1 planes are dumbed down to zero effort. Somehow SICE wants to make vehicles accessible to everyone while at the same time punishing good pilots with nerfs and insane AA buffs. All over ballance is extremely broken atm. And if it weren't for Operations and Fjell, a small buff to bombers would have been enough. But buffs are often due to a problem in one particular mode or map and thats just not working with other modes and maps.
    Maybe DICE should consider splitting the ballance for modes. For example in vehicle modes taking the AR from assault and giving it to medics wouldn't be a big problem, while it would cause issues in TDM or DOM. The same goes with planes in CQ and GO. Ballancing everything for one mode is already difficult enough, but doing it across all modes and maps is just impossible and I think DICE knows that but doesn't have the personal to do it differently.

• IDirtY_SeCreT
    edited December 2018
    Yeah but BF3/4 at least required decent skills and thats much more than what I can say about BF1/5.
    The problem with ballancing is that you can't ballance across all modes and maps. Yes bombers were extremely op in operations but by far not that op in CQ, but they got nerfed due to ops and fjell. Another example... AR to medics wont be an issue in modes with vehicles while it would be a big problem in any infantry only gamemode. I guess splitting ballance for gamemodes would make it much easier and I think DICE knows that. But since they don't have the manpower for the additional workload this wont happen... sad :/
  • StukaBlayt
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    what they did to the planes is physically hurts. absolutely destroyed the experience of flying a plane .
  • Krkan_xD

now its about 100-150

How can you get 2500 kills a day??

Do you have Job or are you on tax payers welfare pay just to sit at home playing games. I have always wondered how these top players in the stats have time to play so many hours and get so many kills in the limited time we have in the day..

Yes i do have job,but i also have at least 8h a day to play video games thats enough to get 2k kills with ju88 i dont even need 8h