Weekly Debrief

Nerfed the Bomber to Death and Airplanes in General. You Crossed the Line

Comments

• Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Oh god DICE nerfed something too much? And they did it just weeks after launch.

Wow. I'm shocked.....

Thats never happened before........ :| :|
    But they didn't though, that's the thing...
  • SirBobdk
    4065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Oh god DICE nerfed something too much? And they did it just weeks after launch.

Wow. I'm shocked.....

Thats never happened before........ :| :|
    But they didn't though, that's the thing...
    They did.
    There was no need for the delay on the Stuka and the fighters.
    And there was no need for nerfing the fighters ability to starfe kill.
    They should have stop with the delay on bombers + less bombs for the JU88 + the 8 mg Spitfire.
    This was the problem.
    Post edited by SirBobdk on
  • StukaBlayt
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i don't get it. airplanes was always a big part of the BF series why they are so useless in this game?
    i remember when i start palying BF3 i saw all these players that playing with the planes it looked so fun and i had to learn how to use one myself ! the moment i did BF offered me FUN that other shooter games wont.
  • dayglowfroggy
    500 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Something big needed doing about the bomber it was horrible playing twisted steel killed on the spawn then around another 8 times, people were just leaving our team.
    I always play the objectives so our team was hit very hard.
    so I jumped in a spitfire and rammed him to cheers from my team.
    I then managed to shoot him down, they were his two deaths but he had well over a hundred kills.

I was starting to feel like bf5 was a how does it feel to get blown up constantly symulator.

He obviously took out the aa guns on his first few bombing runs.
    Not fun
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good, now you can get back on the ground and aid your team with objectives instead of flying around padding your kill/death ratio! Excellent news for everyone.

These nerfs were much needed, bombers were overpowered and needed to be brought into line. Now they have.
  • StukaBlayt
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Something big needed doing about the bomber it was horrible playing twisted steel killed on the spawn then around another 8 times, people were just leaving our team.
    I then managed to shoot him down, they were his two deaths but he had well over a hundred kills.

I was starting to feel like bf5 was a how does it feel to get blown up constantly symulator.

Not fun

the bombers nerf is totally understandable but they ruined every other planes .
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I swear there just doesn't seem to be anyone in DICE who plays vehicles of any kind. They are designed to look gorgeous but that is about as far as it goes. I hate to say it but even the tanks in BF1 are better than the ones in BFV. The planes imo only need 2 nerfs, first was the bomb dropping mechanizim, which should force pilots into another position on the plane forcing them to drop bombs looking our a trap door. This would require planes to level out and fly high in order to drop bombs and add a skill level.
    The other thing would be the bomb resupplies. I dont even think the needed to add a delay to when you can next use a bomb but rather make it so when a plane flew through a resupply area they would only get a small amount of bombs. This was something that even BF2 had. You had to fly a helicopter over a pad for a long time to refill and hp up, same with jets they had to make several passbys or slowly fly over a run way in order to get a full resupply of bombs.
    Nerfing the time between bombings is just a crappy band aid you use on a severed limb. And already we can see the problems gushing out of that decision.
  • RoDM44n
    18 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Masqerader wrote: »
    and then continue with farming infantry with 3d reticle => no aim needed
    I use 3d reticle because of the first person scope is broken, it never land the bombs where you aim. Anyway i'm okay to remove the 3d reticle but at least the AA gun should have less range, since it still catch you when you are in your base and AA really don't need any skill at all, the number of AA in the maps is ridiculous add to that that they are towable, no limited amount of AA tanks, i saw a Hamada game with 3 AA trucks !!!!
    I'm not againt to let flying hardr and more based on skill but countering it should need skill too.
  • Not-Your-Dad420
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Not fun

get off the street?
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good, now you can get back on the ground and aid your team with objectives instead of flying around padding your kill/death ratio! Excellent news for everyone.

These nerfs were much needed, bombers were overpowered and needed to be brought into line. Now they have.

Not really though. They aren't really in line. They might have nerfed the bombers' ability to spam bombs, but they also left their tail guns alone while nerfing fighter planes. The effect is that many people in fighters now just ignore bombers and no longer try and shoot them down, because it a) needs considerably more skill to down a bomber than it does to just seatswitch kill fighters and b) wasting your ammunition on the bombers can leave you defenseless against other fighters and unable to attack ground targets.
    They nerfed the bombers a little and they nerved bombers' counter (fighters) massively. The effect of this will be that people will continue to get bombed frequently due to a sort of peace accord in the sky.
  • ShoutingEnder
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This so called “pilots truce” somewhat depicts what are most pilots “good for” => the planes are not exactly as we wants so screw our team, we are not gonna even try to do what we should cause it’s too hard and we better farm infantry as the oposit pilots...
  • Smes0n
    66 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Carpet bombing JU-88 mains complaining they cant get 100-0 :D The planes are fine now, they could pull back the flak dmg just a tiny bit though.
  • the_punisher_ita
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They did so good in Battlefield 1. Battlefield V is a total mess instead.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After playing in the air for a fair while post patch I have to say the balance is better than it was. Dogfighting is a real thing now, contrary to some comments fighters have plenty of ammo to tank out a bomber or two. It is no longer get behind and win now you need to have good aim and pick your shots which is better for skilled pilots. The AA still rarely shoots me down either don't get me wrong if I mess up they will hurt me but almost never shoot me down.
    It was a shocker of a nerf bomb but ultimately I feel it's in a better place and with some tweaking it will be great.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This so called “pilots truce” somewhat depicts what are most pilots “good for” => the planes are not exactly as we wants so screw our team, we are not gonna even try to do what we should cause it’s too hard and we better farm infantry as the oposit pilots...

Well, there are plenty of good words to use for players like you....but I am not gonna use any of them.
  • Iightblack
    158 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Simply now you need skill and aim if you want kill... before the nerf, you could play also blinded.
  • SirBobdk
    4065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Flying took hours to learn up until BF2 and even BF3.
    Theres absolut no learning curve in BFV.
    Speed and maneuverability makes it easy mode and very boring.
    Any beginner can fly in a straight line , drop bombs turn and repeat, especially with the low skilled JU88 and the 3th view bombsight
    Dogfight is just as boring and the most commom thing now I see now is to clime, hit the breaks and hope the enemy plane will fly by because of lack of speed and maneuverability.
    In other BF you had the ability to fly until your plane got disabled. In BFV you loose this just by getting hit a few times and there's no way out. Imo this is only maded so inexperienced pilots can get kills. BFV is the most arcade like air and probably the worst I've experienced in 16 years.
    Given that DICE tries to bring infantry play back to earlier times, they have totally failed with air.
  • KumanoChinpei
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bomber or airplanes always have to be on the top of the scoreboard? I dont think so.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Iightblack wrote: »
    Simply now you need skill and aim if you want kill... before the nerf, you could play also blinded.

Haha no you don't. Go play operations and spam like a noob no skill or aim needed...
    If I where DICE I would remove bombers from operations, but I guess that wont happen, they rather nerf bombers due to operations^^
  • RSWay16
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    hawk79_360 wrote: »
    I have always loved all battlefield games, and I always recommend it to all my friends and encourage them to buy it, but now I am really upset with batllefield V, due to the bombers nerfing. I could have understand nerfing it just a tad, but now there are too many restrictions, and the worst is the bombs cooldown. I could live with the fact that instead of 32 50kg bombs, now is just 16, fine no problem. It also feels (and I am quite sure) they also nerf the passengers machine gun, because it doesn't do as much damage to fighters attacking me, it was already difficult fending them off, now it's near impossible, but you know, I "could" live with that too. There seems to be another restriction (and least it has happen to me more than once) if you don't throw all your bombs into your objective, and you have some remaining, when you go to reload them, it doesn't let you take a full load, don't know if this is a bug or if it is, like I said, yet another restriction. But you know what I could live with that "as well" BUT THE DAMN COOLDOWN is JUST DUMB, it makes you an even bigger target (A SITTING DUCK) for fighters to take you down, while you fly in circles waiting for the bombs to be ready. I am sorry but what the HELL is up with that. And for any one that thinks that my issue with this is because I can't play in some other role, you would be wrong, I like playing all roles, assault/support/medic/recon/tanker and I am at least above average. But here is the thing, from time to time, I LOVE being a pilot, and when I am flying and being a bomber pilot, I WOULD LIKE TO ENJOY IT. Now I don't see the point. I din't bought this game just to be a foot soldier, I bought it because it also has (had) great airplane gameplay, I really hope at the very least they take out the cooldown in the next patch. DICE I HOPE you are listening and do something about this, I have been with you since bad company 2, and now regardlees of the issues with battlefield V, I have been sticking with you and will continue to do so, but If you don't fix this so we can have not only great ground gameplay but also great FLYNG/AIRPLANE GAMEPLAY experience, it would mean a deal breaker.
    Thanks for your time and hopefully you will do something.

[Mod edit : please do not use ALL CAPS in your thread title]
    I was about to write something like this, but since this has already been done, and I congratulate you on the post, I will just add that this is terrible what DICE is doing! I prefer more fighter but I like to be and in the bomber it was really fun. Multikills that feeling was fantastic, man was funny. It did not bother me when the bomber killed me many times in a row, and that's just the end of the game that should entertain us. But not for some of the players, this is sickeningly disturbing and they immediately started crying against the aircraft. The players who are lazy to learn to fly or are basically anti-talent for drilling have made such a pressure on the net to DICE that these as soon as a good mom are tempting to fill their teeth. What about the rest? DICE? There are many of us who loved such planes. You yourself have a very bad policy and drive the players away from you. Terrible! Totally destroyed air gameplay. No more fun. And did you reinforce some of the guns to crash planes? OMG WTF. Not to talk about AA, LOL. Which range has AA, I would cry with laughter. DICE DICE :))) "Good" you started with this game and still gave us a half-product. And about cheaters that we're not talking about it is a huge problem, there's no end here. I'm disappointed that I bought this game.