Weekly Debrief

Nerfed the Bomber to Death and Airplanes in General. You Crossed the Line

Comments

• Monichainchanhi
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    " I cannot go 107 - 3, YOU'VE CROSSED THE LINE " haha
  • SirBobdk
    4125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Iightblack wrote: »
    Simply now you need skill and aim if you want kill... before the nerf, you could play also blinded.

Haha no you don't. Go play operations and spam like a noob no skill or aim needed...
    If I where DICE I would remove bombers from operations, but I guess that wont happen, they rather nerf bombers due to operations^^
    Operation has always been the playground for pilot stat padding. They know they can't get any way near the same in CQ. Some don't want the challange but only the stats.
  • l_Grand_Vizir_l
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't understand why planes can go to enemy station to repair and get ammos. It should be locked by side.
    For example, when i play a german fighter and go repair and get full ammos in English base i can't stop laughing. Because at this time i'm just in the enemy plane spawn...
  • Rambofactor
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    useless bomber, impossible to aim, wait for reload too long, why? Stupid idea of a stupid person? Just make AA more powerful and leave everything as it was, this is a game and if someone wants to use AA, he will use it. No pleasure flying a bomber, everything is twisted and not right.
  • hawk79_360
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RSWay16 wrote: »
    hawk79_360 wrote: »
    I have always loved all battlefield games, and I always recommend it to all my friends and encourage them to buy it, but now I am really upset with batllefield V, due to the bombers nerfing. I could have understand nerfing it just a tad, but now there are too many restrictions, and the worst is the bombs cooldown. I could live with the fact that instead of 32 50kg bombs, now is just 16, fine no problem. It also feels (and I am quite sure) they also nerf the passengers machine gun, because it doesn't do as much damage to fighters attacking me, it was already difficult fending them off, now it's near impossible, but you know, I "could" live with that too. There seems to be another restriction (and least it has happen to me more than once) if you don't throw all your bombs into your objective, and you have some remaining, when you go to reload them, it doesn't let you take a full load, don't know if this is a bug or if it is, like I said, yet another restriction. But you know what I could live with that "as well" BUT THE DAMN COOLDOWN is JUST DUMB, it makes you an even bigger target (A SITTING DUCK) for fighters to take you down, while you fly in circles waiting for the bombs to be ready. I am sorry but what the HELL is up with that. And for any one that thinks that my issue with this is because I can't play in some other role, you would be wrong, I like playing all roles, assault/support/medic/recon/tanker and I am at least above average. But here is the thing, from time to time, I LOVE being a pilot, and when I am flying and being a bomber pilot, I WOULD LIKE TO ENJOY IT. Now I don't see the point. I din't bought this game just to be a foot soldier, I bought it because it also has (had) great airplane gameplay, I really hope at the very least they take out the cooldown in the next patch. DICE I HOPE you are listening and do something about this, I have been with you since bad company 2, and now regardlees of the issues with battlefield V, I have been sticking with you and will continue to do so, but If you don't fix this so we can have not only great ground gameplay but also great FLYNG/AIRPLANE GAMEPLAY experience, it would mean a deal breaker.
    Thanks for your time and hopefully you will do something.

[Mod edit : please do not use ALL CAPS in your thread title]
    I was about to write something like this, but since this has already been done, and I congratulate you on the post, I will just add that this is terrible what DICE is doing! I prefer more fighter but I like to be and in the bomber it was really fun. Multikills that feeling was fantastic, man was funny. It did not bother me when the bomber killed me many times in a row, and that's just the end of the game that should entertain us. But not for some of the players, this is sickeningly disturbing and they immediately started crying against the aircraft. The players who are lazy to learn to fly or are basically anti-talent for drilling have made such a pressure on the net to DICE that these as soon as a good mom are tempting to fill their teeth. What about the rest? DICE? There are many of us who loved such planes. You yourself have a very bad policy and drive the players away from you. Terrible! Totally destroyed air gameplay. No more fun. And did you reinforce some of the guns to crash planes? OMG WTF. Not to talk about AA, LOL. Which range has AA, I would cry with laughter. DICE DICE :))) "Good" you started with this game and still gave us a half-product. And about cheaters that we're not talking about it is a huge problem, there's no end here. I'm disappointed that I bought this game.

Bravo. Bravo!!!
    P.S.
    Now let's wait for haters to keep hating. Haha. The anti-air gamers.
  • Iightblack
    158 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Simply now you need skill and aim if you want kill... before the nerf, you could play also blinded.

Wait. I agree with you. I have forgotten to add "than before" (and already a lot of players complain this). But >>>IMHO<<< they need another nerf.
  • smys123
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    THE-LINE-MUST.jpg
  • Masqerader
    639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Masqerader wrote: »
    Its okay for infantry to go 60-5, and get massive points from revives and ammo, but if you drop bombs from planes, or rockets, or play a tank really well with a group of people the first reaction is

NERF into the ground. I wish one of these days Dice developers would grow a pair and just tell people to shut up and deal with it.

Now you basically spin in circles as a plane dodging AA being shot from other side of the map.

Also the buff to panzerfaust, and this continued stupid of players running up to your tank and mines instant detonate needs to go, put it on a 15 second timer.. I MEAN WE WANT BALANCE RIGHT?

1. You can hardly see infantry go 60-5

2. Even if that’s true then it is well deserved as it’s 32 other players against him (not talking about hillhumping sniper though

But in plane it was one player in fighter against one in bomber who could be switching seats and shred any “less then average” fighter pilot and then continue with farming infantry with 3d reticle => no aim needed

Really, because it happens a lot, and most are support/assault players.
  • Masqerader
    639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Every nerf was totally necessary. Since BF1 (so also BF5) a plane can kill just pressing a button when it is over a flag. In BF3/4, jets were very strong, but in order to kill tanks/infantry you needed skill.

Can only agree. BF5 planes just don't need much skill.

No they dont. Last game that took skills was BF2 imo.

How to play Battlefield 2

run at someone, dive and shoot... ya skill...
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well maybe some people were doing as much as 110 to 4. Not my case. I used to do an average of 30/35 to 5/7/10 and part of the reason if because during a match I am not only playing as a pilot. Like I said in my first comment, I like to take in different combat roles during the match. But I think is pretty arrogant of you to presume that 99% of the community thinks that (quoting PANZERKEKS85) "NERFING the airplanes into oblivion" was the best choice or "much better". Also remember I said that I am not against some degree of nerfing the airplanes, I am just saying they took it too far.
    I have a feeling that you are just a toxic player, probably because you were a COD player that recently discover how good BATTLEFIELD IS, and now you want to make it another **** COD experience, if thats the case please go back to playing COD. If not the case please ignore the last paragraph. (last 3 lines of this comment) good day sir.
    First, the bombers were seriously OP, a couple of good pilots on one side and the game was effectively over for the other team, it was imbalanced. But DICE has a history of over-reacting to things like this, so we shouldn't be surprised that they went overboard.

Second, if you can't make your point without resorting to childish insults then you leave the rest of us with the impression that you didn't have a good point to start with. You would have been better off to have left that part out.
  • hawk79_360
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Alright. It seems like a lot of people here seem to think that every person who takes a plane does 100+ kills after patch and even 300+ pre-patch. And even though I have no reason to not believe them.
    It's not my case nor is the case of many other players. My wife and many of my friends play and God bless her soul, she is a an outstanding assault (in my book) but she can't fly even if her life depended on it, and the latter also goes for all my friends. Never being able to enjoy the experience of flying in matches, and now even less because as soon as she gets airborne she gets shred to pieces by AA tanks and stationary across the map.
    Like I said before, even before patch my best score was around, 60- 5 / 60-7 something around that.
    Just to be more specific, I haven't played grand operations in BFV. 98% of my matches are on Conquest.
    And my platform is Xbox One X. Not PC, nor Playstation. And I mentioned the last because I've also read something about 8x zooms or something of the sort. Which as far as I know this zoom is only possible on PC. Not on consoles.
    So say what you may. Airplanes are not balance.
    YES they needed to be nerf. But they nerfed them one step too much.
    I can agree to almost all of the nerfing with the exception of the cooldown and the fact that AA is capable to hit you all the way across the map. The range is off.
  • SirBobdk
    4125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Every nerf was totally necessary. Since BF1 (so also BF5) a plane can kill just pressing a button when it is over a flag. In BF3/4, jets were very strong, but in order to kill tanks/infantry you needed skill.

Can only agree. BF5 planes just don't need much skill.

No they dont. Last game that took skills was BF2 imo.

How to play Battlefield 2

run at someone, dive and shoot... ya skill...
    Planes 😩 this thread is not about infantry
  • Holyshogun
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Only the Ju88 had t9 be nerfed. Blenheim was already weak
  • Hawxxeye
    6005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wanted to point out that the nerf of LMG damage to planes also nerfed the rear guns, at least the basic lmg ones.
    So I had this terrible fighter stalling almost next to my plane and I was unloading at him with the rear gun and in spite of hitting him all the shots up to overheating while he was 5 meters away from me that was not enough damage to even get him on critical health (in flames).
    I do not know if it will be different with the hmg upgrade but if it is then it is bad cause only the german bombers get hmg upgrades
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    I wanted to point out that the nerf of LMG damage to planes also nerfed the rear guns, at least the basic lmg ones.
    So I had this terrible fighter stalling almost next to my plane and I was unloading at him with the rear gun and in spite of hitting him all the shots up to overheating while he was 5 meters away from me that was not enough damage to even get him on critical health (in flames).
    I do not know if it will be different with the hmg upgrade but if it is then it is bad cause only the german bombers get hmg upgrades

Are you sure? I never use the tail guns, so I don't know how it feels using them. I have plenty of experience on the receiving end though. And on that end they don't feel one bit less powerful than before. The only difference I gladly noticed is that I don't get instant part disables when shot at by a tail gunner anymore.
  • SirBobdk
    TheSacar wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

Are you sure? I never use the tail guns, so I don't know how it feels using them. I have plenty of experience on the receiving end though. And on that end they don't feel one bit less powerful than before. The only difference I gladly noticed is that I don't get instant part disables when shot at by a tail gunner anymore.
    I can't see any diffrence before/after patch.
    The Belheim is quit weak but the 360 compensate for this.
    The JU88 is powefull but with limited view.
    The Stuka have a upgrade MG that destroy spitfire in 3-4 seconds but also with limited view.
  • Masqerader
    naitch44 wrote: »
    naitch44 wrote: »
    Bombers desperately needed a nerf.
    A nerf we can agree. A death disagree.

This is standard DICE fare, they don't do slight tweaks they nerf into oblivion. Absolutely par for the course.

They do slight tweaks, but only to guns that are "op" but still remain OP.

Remember if an infantry players goes 60/10 its cool.

But 3 people in a plane, or tank crew working together its OP and gets completely gutted.

Yes the JU-88 needed adjustments, the bug 32 bomb payload, the spawn bombing at start of round, but what they did was over kill.

Let's not forget AA(mobile) was actually fine, the people who complained were those who didn't bother to level it.

So now we got buffed AA that can shoot across the map not only destroy planes, but severely damage tanks, and cause a ridiculous rocking that makes it annoying to fire back, while safely sitting in their uncaps, or near it to be immune from any infantry/armored response.

If it was up to me for balancing planes.

AA 20% range reudction, mobile/stationary vs planes.
    Stationary AA increased damage vs bombers(planes it was fine)

Bombers reload - to maximize payload pilots must make multiple passes through ammo dumps 4 passes = 16 bombs

Fighters - Spitfire/Bf-109 - 2x passes for Air to Ground rockets

This will at least give fighters a chance to go back on the attack, instead of doing circles in your uncap waiting for 40 seconds or w/e it is for rockets, bombs to come back
  • TuxedoBanana279
    345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm totally open to a bomber nerf. Now those playesr can't bomb the spawn and stay in the air the entire game

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    1. AA 20% range reudction, mobile/stationary vs planes.
    2.Stationary AA increased damage vs bombers(planes it was fine)
    3. Bombers reload - to maximize payload pilots must make multiple passes through ammo dumps 4 passes = 16 bombs
    Fighters - Spitfire/Bf-109 - 2x passes for Air to Ground rockets
    back

1. Should work, maybe even 30 % decrease
    2. Stationary AA damage is to high now, looks like the doubled the damage. It should be decreased by half of what they buffed it.
    3. Slighty decrease reload time for bombs, 2nd pass through resupply should cut the time in half.
  • donthurtm3
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bomber are cancer+ movement like a jet. WTF! Bomber should have better armor + weak bombs against infantry but stronger againgst tanks