This Week in Battlefield V

Nerfed the Bomber to Death and Airplanes in General. You Crossed the Line

Comments

• IDirtY_SeCreT
    530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Sorry I have to say again before the nerf bombers were ruining the game full stop.

No they weren't. They were an issue on certain maps and in operations. Fix spawn bombing, the payload bug and remove bomber from Fjell and operations. Maybe also disable the 3rd person bombing sight. That would be more than enough and would make it harder to get kills with bombers. But instead DICE insists on keeping them in these modes/maps. And since they're still an issue in ops I think they will have to nerf bombers again. Though they aren't a real problem in CQ.

• SirBobdk
    4067 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry I have to say again before the nerf bombers were ruining the game full stop.

No they weren't. They were an issue on certain maps and in operations. Fix spawn bombing, the payload bug and remove bomber from Fjell and operations. Maybe also disable the 3rd person bombing sight. That would be more than enough and would make it harder to get kills with bombers. But instead DICE insists on keeping them in these modes/maps. And since they're still an issue in ops I think they will have to nerf bombers again. Though they aren't a real problem in CQ.
    Agree but I still would like to see the same physics/ maneuverability from BF1/3/4 and remove of the damage model. Fine that DICE can make a broken wing and smoke comming out of the engine. But it interferce with the fun of dogfighting and has nothing to do with skills but only random bullets. Go back to full fly options until disabled.
    Emergency repair is just stupied.
  • Holyshogun
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    All planes are dead
  • Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    StukaBlayt wrote: »
    i don't get it. airplanes was always a big part of the BF series why they are so useless in this game?
    i remember when i start palying BF3 i saw all these players that playing with the planes it looked so fun and i had to learn how to use one myself ! the moment i did BF offered me FUN that other shooter games wont.
    For something that's so "useless" in the game, I sure get killed by these a lot when I'm on the ground. So basically you're mad because you can't go 100-0 anymore right?
  • Holyshogun
    i don't get it. airplanes was always a big part of the BF series why they are so useless in this game?
    i remember when i start palying BF3 i saw all these players that playing with the planes it looked so fun and i had to learn how to use one myself ! the moment i did BF offered me FUN that other shooter games wont.
    For something that's so "useless" in the game, I sure get killed by these a lot when I'm on the ground. So basically you're mad because you can't go 100-0 anymore right?

Reload takes forever and only starts counting AFTER you fly through a resupply station.... what if u are forced to do evasive maneuvers and miss it? = longer reload time in total
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Masqerader wrote: »
    So now we got buffed AA that can shoot across the map not only destroy planes, but severely damage tanks, and cause a ridiculous rocking that makes it annoying to fire back, while safely sitting in their uncaps, or near it to be immune from any infantry/armored response.

I agree on this point, yet game after game DICE can't seem to figure out that when a vehicle can sit in spawn and shoot halfway across the map that is a bad thing. That could be an AA or it could be a tank, but it should not be possible for vehicles to have a line of sight out of their spawn where they cannot be reached by opposing players. Terrain or buildings could be used to obstruct the line of sight until the vehicles have left their spawn. There are some fixed AA guns on Fjell 652 which have been located where terrain keeps them from being able to shoot over a large area--the same technique could and should be used to obstruct fire from vehicles camping in their uncap.
  • GiveMee5
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

I still can... yesterday 108-0 conquest.... do you need a nerf again?
  • Holyshogun
    М'чяисан
  • Holyshogun
    Holyshogun wrote: »
    М'чяисан

M'ericah ladi3s and gentlemen. Money talks.

Dice needs a balance scale for christmas. Perhaps then they will learn not to OVERDO things...
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just saw Alan Kertz comment on a video by Niccaman saying "Adjustments are coming, planes gonna get better again!"
    So perhaps there is hope that the air game is getting some much needed dev love? :smile:
  • SirBobdk
    4067 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    I just saw Alan Kertz comment on a video by Niccaman saying "Adjustments are coming, planes gonna get better again!"
    So perhaps there is hope that the air game is getting some much needed dev love? :smile:
    Good news, ty for posting.
  • Holyshogun

Devs only play as infantery
  • SirBobdk

When you thinks about how much they are trying to make infantry more skilled, then they have made the opposite with airplanes.

• Jamppi
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

When you thinks about how much they are trying to make infantry more skilled, then they have made the opposite with airplanes.

Dont know about that... Yes, Planes are easy to use if you are played lot of old Battlefields. Yes, its easier to go those 100-2 rounds if you are good with planes (still needs that enemy team is full of idiots that dont even try to take you down or they just are so bad that they just cant do it)

Still 99% of players cant help their own team with planes at all, maybe they can go once in a month that 10 and 1 round without almost any points and then they come here to cry how OP planes are because even they can do that. (Those rounds are waste of vehicles, both tanks and planes) They can use fighters only as a taxi and if they can handle it little more they use fighters as a ramming machine...

All remember how good fighters was at the best days in BF1? Its was easy to go those huge rounds... Still about a year after launch, good pilot needed to play only about 5-10 round with a new account that he was in top 2% at the stat trakker.

New players and those only infantry players that try to fly problems start after that they are so good, that the enemy team actually get angry of them and they start camp AA-guns, after that learning curve goes so high that most of them just quit using planes anymore.

I see lot of those pilots that are so bad with planes that its better to let them fly that any good pilot at the enemy team dont get that plane. If he get 20 kills at the round even own ground forces dont care about him. Still most of the players are those who cant get even that 20 kills in a round, even that planes are easier to fly in past 2 games than
    never before.

• gibonez
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Planes should absolutely never be able to in air repair or rearm. Off map Aircraft carriers or Airstrips are needed for that.

When a plane is shot down that team should be out that air aasset for a solid 5 minutes.

The bombing reticle in third person view of planes should be removed.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    gibonez wrote: »
    Planes should absolutely never be able to in air repair or rearm. Off map Aircraft carriers or Airstrips are needed for that.

When a plane is shot down that team should be out that air aasset for a solid 5 minutes.

So soldiers should also not be able to regenerate health without going to a field hospital in their base? And tanks need to go to a garage in the base to repair?
    And once a soldier dies he should have to wait 5 minutes to respawn? And so should tanks?
    Or why should planes be treated so differently in your opinion?
  • gibonez
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

So soldiers should also not be able to regenerate health without going to a field hospital in their base? And tanks need to go to a garage in the base to repair?
    And once a soldier dies he should have to wait 5 minutes to respawn? And so should tanks?
    Or why should planes be treated so differently in your opinion?

Soldiers only already regenerate a limited amount of health and require bandages.

Yes tanks should be the same and only be able to emergency repair a full repair should require a support player actively healing it or going back to base.

Important assets such as tanks and Planes should both have lengthy timers to respawn because they should be powerful costly assets.
    Taking one out should be a super important thing that gives one team a big of an edge allowing it to reclaim flags or seize an objective.

Currently they just spawn instantly lowering their value.

With those things incorporated and only then should planes be made powerful , same with tanks they should be extremely important assets to not only protect but also kill.
  • TheSacar

Soldiers only already regenerate a limited amount of health and require bandages.

Yeah, but with bandages they regenerate to 100% and they can be supplied with bandages on the go. Planes also can't repair to 100% once they are hit. Some damage is permanent until they do go back to base. So this should be fine, right?

Important assets such as tanks and Planes should both have lengthy timers to respawn because they should be powerful costly assets.
    Taking one out should be a super important thing that gives one team a big of an edge allowing it to reclaim flags or seize an objective.

Planes have a respawn timer of approximately 90 seconds (depending on the catch-up mechanic) which is enough. A soldier can spawn after 10 seconds. And taking one out is comparatively easy already and does give the team an edge. Take out an enemy fighter and you give your pilots time to achieve air superiority because they now outnumber the enemy.
    If you make people wait for five minutes for a plane, you basically remove planes from the game....

• Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Like i said in other threads: The problem are two different systems in one game.
    Vehicles suffer from Subsystems that can be damaged at the first hit. But Infantry dont. You can shot that assault in the Leg and he can still run and bunnyhop towards you like a Captain America Supersoldier.
    Supply stations are available to Soldiers at EVERY Flag and they can get ammo from dead Enemies. A Tank has to drive to supply stations that are sometimes based in really stupid spots. Just look at twsited Steel and the A/C and F line.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    And in my Opinion the german Fighters planes are now totally inferior to their british counterpart, especially the Spitfire VA.
    Before the Nerf you had the insane 8x Machine Guns of the VA on the one side and the Minengeschosse of the G-6 on the other.
    They reduced the damage of the Minengeschosse by 79% !!!!!!! , have them a horrible fire rate and you just get 150 Rounds. The G-6 is useless now.
    So one may say switch to the G-2. But here comes the problem. To get Air radar which is pretty essential, you have to lose two of your four normal machine guns and you get two slow firing cannons instead, also just with 150 Round ( and the symbol for that is in the game actually switched, heavy guns are shown as normal machine guns )
    The Spitfire - although nerfed - still has the very powerful 8x Machine Guns AND you can take Air Radar and Bombs to engage Ground forces. Together with smoke as a tactical gadget to confuse the enemy.
    Trying to a Spitfire down takes now ages and in all that time you are very vulnerable towards other planes and of course the AA. The Spitfire on the other hand kills you almost instantly when being behind you.