Weekly Debrief

Nerfed the Bomber to Death and Airplanes in General. You Crossed the Line

Comments

• Jamppi
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    gibonez wrote: »
    Planes should absolutely never be able to in air repair or rearm. Off map Aircraft carriers or Airstrips are needed for that.

When a plane is shot down that team should be out that air aasset for a solid 5 minutes.

The bombing reticle in third person view of planes should be removed.

And here we have a true winner again. Nerf nerf nerf, something that you cant even use... flyed 30min and 4 kills... You are my true hero...

edit. BTW you are in top 49% with that 0.15 kills/minute rate... Planes must be OP...
  • gibonez
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »

Soldiers only already regenerate a limited amount of health and require bandages.

Yeah, but with bandages they regenerate to 100% and they can be supplied with bandages on the go. Planes also can't repair to 100% once they are hit. Some damage is permanent until they do go back to base. So this should be fine, right?

Important assets such as tanks and Planes should both have lengthy timers to respawn because they should be powerful costly assets.
    Taking one out should be a super important thing that gives one team a big of an edge allowing it to reclaim flags or seize an objective.

Planes have a respawn timer of approximately 90 seconds (depending on the catch-up mechanic) which is enough. A soldier can spawn after 10 seconds. And taking one out is comparatively easy already and does give the team an edge. Take out an enemy fighter and you give your pilots time to achieve air superiority because they now outnumber the enemy.
    If you make people wait for five minutes for a plane, you basically remove planes from the game....

Yea but what is returning to base as a plane ? flying through a ressuply beacon that literally takes seconds to get to.

whats more powerful a plane or a single soldier ? thats why one spawns in 10 and one 90. also 90 seconds is not enough it should be double if not triple that.

You make people wait 5 minutes for a plane once its destroyed and require them to land to repair you don't remove planes from the game you simply include them in a way that does not then require their damage output to be lowered.
    You really only increase the value of the planes.
  • Jamppi
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »

Soldiers only already regenerate a limited amount of health and require bandages.

Yeah, but with bandages they regenerate to 100% and they can be supplied with bandages on the go. Planes also can't repair to 100% once they are hit. Some damage is permanent until they do go back to base. So this should be fine, right?

Important assets such as tanks and Planes should both have lengthy timers to respawn because they should be powerful costly assets.
    Taking one out should be a super important thing that gives one team a big of an edge allowing it to reclaim flags or seize an objective.

Planes have a respawn timer of approximately 90 seconds (depending on the catch-up mechanic) which is enough. A soldier can spawn after 10 seconds. And taking one out is comparatively easy already and does give the team an edge. Take out an enemy fighter and you give your pilots time to achieve air superiority because they now outnumber the enemy.
    If you make people wait for five minutes for a plane, you basically remove planes from the game....

Yea but what is returning to base as a plane ? flying through a ressuply beacon that literally takes seconds to get to.

whats more powerful a plane or a single soldier ? thats why one spawns in 10 and one 90. also 90 seconds is not enough it should be double if not triple that.

You make people wait 5 minutes for a plane once its destroyed and require them to land to repair you don't remove planes from the game you simply include them in a way that does not then require their damage output to be lowered.
    You really only increase the value of the planes.

Ok. Lets play this nerf and boost discussion with your rules. You dont fly and you cant fly, so you want nerf planes or remove them. I dont use and i dont need SAA or MAA so i want that they remove AA out of the game. I like it...

• stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I used to love flying in BF games.. have not so in some time. In BF1942 Dc mod flying was great and it took a lot of skill to get the ground kills.. not so much any more. IMHO the aircraft need more nerf, longer refresh and smaller payloads or the AA needs another boost.

On AA. Face it.. AA in it's current state is useless. When you are getting strafed and bombed in the uncap because the planes know the AA is absolutely no threat at all it's a sure sign there is an issue. Almost no one uses the AA as it's barely a nuisance to planes. Most games the AA is completely unmanned the entire round. Get in AA and 1 of 2 things will happen:

1) You'll get sniped.
    2) Some pilot will get annoyed at you scratchin the paint and will bomb/strafe u off it.

On planes themselves... especially the bombers. Having guys flying circles just spamming the objective flags willy-nilly without fear of hitting their teamies is nearly full ****. They add in the mechanic where you need to be closer to the actual flag to cap faster which just makes wiping everyone trying to cap the flag that much easier to kill in a single pass. Hate the similar mechanic for the v-1as well.

my2c.
  • Jamppi
    I used to love flying in BF games.. have not so in some time. In BF1942 Dc mod flying was great and it took a lot of skill to get the ground kills.. not so much any more. IMHO the aircraft need more nerf, longer refresh and smaller payloads or the AA needs another boost.

On AA. Face it.. AA in it's current state is useless. When you are getting strafed and bombed in the uncap because the planes know the AA is absolutely no threat at all it's a sure sign there is an issue. Almost no one uses the AA as it's barely a nuisance to planes. Most games the AA is completely unmanned the entire round. Get in AA and 1 of 2 things will happen:

1) You'll get sniped.
    2) Some pilot will get annoyed at you scratchin the paint and will bomb/strafe u off it.

On planes themselves... especially the bombers. Having guys flying circles just spamming the objective flags willy-nilly without fear of hitting their teamies is nearly full ****. They add in the mechanic where you need to be closer to the actual flag to cap faster which just makes wiping everyone trying to cap the flag that much easier to kill in a single pass. Hate the similar mechanic for the v-1as well.

my2c.

And next one... Flyed 10 minutes... How the F you know what is the state of the AA/airbalance? "AA in it´s current state is useless"??? Do we talk even the same game? AA is OP as F after last patch. If you cant kill planes with it, its better to start try to find reason to mirror...

"On AA. Face it.." Maybe you should to face those planes without any noobtools... (AA as it current state)
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jamppi wrote: »

1) You'll get sniped.

my2c.

And next one... Flyed 10 minutes... How the F you know what is the state of the AA/airbalance? "AA in it´s current state is useless"??? Do we talk even the same game? AA is OP as F after last patch. If you cant kill planes with it, its better to start try to find reason to mirror...

"On AA. Face it.." Maybe you should to face those planes without any noobtools... (AA as it current state)

I don't need to have "flyed" for any amount of time to know how anemic AA is Einstein. Sharpen your pencil and rethink the metric you use more than your viewpoint. My opinion is unchanged as your argument is not at all persuasive. Watching bomber pilots rack up 50+ kills just spamming the flag needs to be stopped.
  • stabbinhobo
    Odd.. for sum reason my last 2 responses went missing?
  • stabbinhobo
    edited December 2018
    [duplicate post]
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

1) You'll get sniped.

my2c.

Lets try this again. I do not need to have "flyed" for any amount of time to know AA is useless in it's current state. Having the ability to rack up a massive kill count just spamming the flag = the noobtool.

Maybe with the Bombers pre Nerf. But these times are over. Now the AA - especially the mobile wrecks Havoc. Dont believe it ? Get into a Plane to see and feel it for yourself !
  • stabbinhobo
    edited December 2018
    DUP POST
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13091 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Odd.. for sum reason my last 2 responses went missing?

They went to spam, Likely due to too many edits.

They've been approved now.
  • stabbinhobo
    Stahlmach wrote: »

1) You'll get sniped.

my2c.

Lets try this again. I do not need to have "flyed" for any amount of time to know AA is useless in it's current state. Having the ability to rack up a massive kill count just spamming the flag = the noobtool.

Maybe with the Bombers pre Nerf. But these times are over. Now the AA - especially the mobile wrecks Havoc. Dont believe it ? Get into a Plane to see and feel it for yourself !

Have not been in the mobile Tracked AA. But the fixed units and those you can tow behind a vehicle are still nearly useless IMHO. Often see a plane fly right at them (especially the ones in the uncap) until the AA overheats.. take the AA out and fly off. That the fixed emplacement AA is LESS powerful than the mobile (if I stipulate what you say about it is true) is just mind numbing.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach wrote: »

1) You'll get sniped.

my2c.

Have not been in the mobile Tracked AA. But the fixed units and those you can tow behind a vehicle are still nearly useless IMHO. Often see a plane fly right at them (especially the ones in the uncap) until the AA overheats.. take the AA out and fly off. That the fixed emplacement AA is LESS powerful than the mobile (if I stipulate what you say about it is true) is just mind numbing.

That is true. Absurdly the mobile AA also has more range than the fixed AA.
    That being said, you need to differentiate between "planes". Once you are in a fighter and AA - any type of AA - shoots at you, you either turn the F away or you are done for. Bombers need to be more sturdy, but I agree that bombers should not survive flying directly at the AA while being shot at by a competent AA gunner. However, I see so many AA gunners who are far from competent and who have no clue how to lead their target. If not all or at least most of your shots land, the bomber should survive.
  • Holyshogun
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Lol at players who in battlelog tracker have clearly only flown a plane for a total of a few minutes in game and cry out loud for a nerf...

*facepalm*

You havent even unlocked all planes yet, not to mention gone through the upgrade tree... how do you even voice your opinion about planes if you've barely played with them?

In the latest patch all planes were nerfed TOO MUCH into oblivion and on top of that, the stationary and mobile AA were buffed.... that isnt a so called "balance". There isnt anything "balancing" about it. DICE simply overdid it to the point where even the absolutely best players stopped flying alltogether.

Can you even see the ants from 1km up without spotting, which was last seen on BF4? Strafing with fighters is a joke.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Holyshogun wrote: »
    Lol at players who in battlelog tracker have clearly only flown a plane for a total of a few minutes in game and cry out loud for a nerf...

*facepalm*

You havent even unlocked all planes yet, not to mention gone through the upgrade tree... how do you even voice your opinion about planes if you've barely played with them?

In the latest patch all planes were nerfed TOO MUCH into oblivion and on top of that, the stationary and mobile AA were buffed.... that isnt a so called "balance". There isnt anything "balancing" about it. DICE simply overdid it to the point where even the absolutely best players stopped flying alltogether.

Can you even see the ants from 1km up without spotting, which was last seen on BF4? Strafing with fighters is a joke.

Excactly. Even with the Rockets of the G-2 or G-6 its more luck then everything. You get a small time window to spot and strike. And that window is when no enemy Fighter is around and the Guy in the mobile AA shooting at Infantry.
    And even with that you will kill with Luck one or two Guys and just damaging any Vehicle. Which will repair faster than you being able to resupply.

• HuwJarz
    3886 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

*facepalm*

I don’t need to be able to do something to be able to observe that something is broken.

I go to Old Trafford on a season ticket to watch Man Utd. I don’t need to have played football at the top level to know that the crap that I am being served up is garbage.....and the manager gets sacked.

However, I can be in the stands behind the goal getting ‘bombed’ by 36 Liverpool shots (yes, it was at Anfield, but my analogy stands) to see that it is not pleasant and the manager should be sacked\my team is being overpowered by bombers.
  • stabbinhobo
    ^^^ Again... why would I need time in a plane as a pilot to evaluate if the AA is effective or not? I know the fixed AA is near useless... first hand experience. I don't bother with it any more and as I indicated above so do most others if observation is correct. Empty fixed AA all over the map. I know on the maps with bombers I see people frequently run up their score just flying in circles. Spam the active flag, fly off.. repair and reload.

Rinse...
    Wash...
    Repeat...

Mad skillz.. NOT. That Fjell map.. don't get me started.

As for strafing infantry... it's supposed to be hard and dangerous. A LOT more dangerous if the fixed AA were able to do it's job effectively. You need to fly in close.. spot a target.. come back around and engage. You are not supposed to be able to "spot" infantry from 1km up. You need to come in fast and make quick adjustments.. if the pass is a wash and your target has moved or taken cover you need to get out fast and start over. The BF1942 DC mod was great for this and areal combat. Have not seen it's match in a release BF title since.
  • Holyshogun
    HuwJarz wrote: »

*facepalm*

I don’t need to be able to do something to be able to observe that something is broken.

I go to Old Trafford on a season ticket to watch Man Utd. I don’t need to have played football at the top level to know that the crap that I am being served up is garbage.....and the manager gets sacked.

However, I can be in the stands behind the goal getting ‘bombed’ by 36 Liverpool shots (yes, it was at Anfield, but my analogy stands) to see that it is not pleasant and the manager should be sacked\my team is being overpowered by bombers.

"Overpowered by bombers"...

Omg the only OP bomber was the JU88. The british Blenheim literally had half the payload regarding amount of bombs.

And you seem to miss the fact that ALL PLANES were nerfed and thus now, broken - including all fighter planes (which FYI dont carry any significant bomb load)...

THAT is the problem with people like you (who havent flown in planes) - you dont know the difference between what is which, and assume that everything with wings is carrying a tactical nuke big enough to wipe out half the servers.

Try again please, my previous point remains firm.
    RIP
  • Holyshogun
    ^^^ Again... why would I need time in a plane as a pilot to evaluate if the AA is effective or not? I know the fixed AA is near useless... first hand experience. I don't bother with it any more and as I indicated above so do most others if observation is correct. Empty fixed AA all over the map. I know on the maps with bombers I see people frequently run up their score just flying in circles. Spam the active flag, fly off.. repair and reload.

Rinse...
    Wash...
    Repeat...

As for strafing infantry... it's supposed to be hard and dangerous. A LOT more dangerous if the fixed AA were able to do it's job effectively. You need to fly in close.. spot a target.. come back around and engage. You are not supposed to be able to "spot" infantry from 1km up. You need to come in fast and make quick adjustments.. if the pass is a wash and your target has moved or taken cover you need to get out fast and start over. The BF1942 DC mod was great for this and areal combat. Have not seen it's match in a release BF title since.

Try fixed AA after the patch, specially vs fighters. The pilot might aswell drop the controller/keyboard if you (in the AA) can lead your target. I guarantee that you will notice a BIG difference compared to before. I have even dropped bombers heading for me straight on before they were able to release their bombs.

Thats the difference between you and me. I've played on both sides, both planes and AA and thus Im more qualified than you who - as you said it yourself - disregard certain vehicles. Thus you cannot do a proper comparison.

Simple as that.

As for Strafing... can u imagine unloading a rain of 50 cal bullets - each bigger than a sniper bullet- from x8 spirfire machine guns, until you overheat... and get "hitmarkers" on infantery?

That's laughable. Really lol. Most strafing kills without using any explosive bullets or rockets, come from headshots.

That's only a part of it. Read through the patch notes to see the full extent of the Nerf. It affects more that just 1 single area
  • stabbinhobo

Rinse...
    Wash...
    Repeat...

Try fixed AA after the patch, specially vs fighters. The pilot might aswell drop the controller/keyboard if you (in the AA) can lead your target. I guarantee that you will notice a BIG difference compared to before. I have even dropped bombers heading for me straight on before they were able to release their bombs.

Thats the difference between you and me. I've played on both sides, both planes and AA and thus Im more qualified than you who - as you said it yourself - disregard certain vehicles. Thus you cannot do a proper comparison.

Simple as that.

As for Strafing... can u imagine unloading a rain of 50 cal bullets - each bigger than a sniper bullet- from x8 spirfire machine guns, until you overheat... and get "hitmarkers" on infantery?

That's laughable. Really lol. Most strafing kills without using any explosive bullets or rockets, come from headshots.

That's only a part of it. Read through the patch notes to see the full extent of the Nerf. It affects more that just 1 single area

^^^ Your experience in AA... apparently not shared.

As for the .50 MG's.. Nothing new to BF. Even the vehicle mounted .50 has been neutered to uselessness in BF against infantry for some time. It should near split the target in 2. That said strafing should be hard.