We have pushed a fix to address the issue with Rank 20 rewards. If you are missing your rewards for Class Rank 20, please play a match to completion and the Rewards should drop into your Armory.

Thanks for sticking with us.

Battlefield Light Not BFV

BlueCelticPagan
11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
So now I've played the game it's very under whelming. It feels like a light version of Battlefield - Battlefield with all the adult stuff removed to appease the snowflakes and under 10s. It just isn't battlefield. I can't kick campers out of my squad, no mortars, next to no grenades, no swearing, etc. The destruction is poor and seems far less than previous battlefields. explosives don't seem to kill anyone. Loads of buildings you can't go in.
Why change what isn't broken. BF4/1 worked (eventually) What was wrong with having BF1 game play for BFV. Fifa sells millions every year for the same game with new updates and skins. It sells because their fan base wants to play the same game. Well guess what, so do we. Re skin BF1 for ww2 and it would have sold much more. Re master BF Vietnam and it will sell well because people liked the way it played.

A lot of BF gamers are now in their 30s, 40s and 50s. We don't give a jot about skins and were certainly not going to buy them. Micro transactions lol I don't think so. I'd rather pay £80 for a full premium game with content like BF4 paying for quality DLC for the following 2 yrs. BF4 had something like 200 different weapons with multiple attachments for each weapon, BFV has what 30 weapons and tries to make out it has loads of extras when they are just lame as skins. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT FORKING SKINS YOU HAVE TO UNLOCK.

Why is everyone running round like there in the Olympic 100m final. It's like watching road runner and the coyote cartoon.

Battlefield light is just half a game, no wonder it's selling for half price 2 weeks after launch. Someone at EA/Dice needs to be sacked, the next BF game had better go back to basics, re master BF4 or this is the beginning of the end of the BF franchise.

Comments

• macktiz45
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 6
    Can you imagine the tsunami of tears if suddenly all the crutches that have slowly been put in place over the last 10 years were removed?
    - no squad spawn (BF1942, Vietnam) or spawn only on squad leader (BF2- way I think was best)
    - Powerful grenades, carried up to three at a time, quickly replenished at supply dumps
    - Some starts have your team a single sinkable, drive-off-the-mappable ship as a starting spawn (loved that 1942 Phillipine map)
    - Planes designed in 2002, made to represent WW2, had better handling abilities, meaning better dogfights, strafes, bombing runs (maybe just a bit too good sometimes I have to admit)
    - tanks were responsive and didn’t have to land a shell on a guy’s foot for the splash to kill
    - you could not kill someone in a stationary cannon unless you destroyed the whole structure or scared him out
    - Said stationary canon was to be greatly respected
    - Maps were large enough that transport was NECESSARY to do well, not merely a small convenience
    - Helicopters on Vietnam could airlift light vehicles and mobile spawn points

Gosh, I’m getting nostalgic. Don’t get me wrong, there have been some cool innovations, but the larger aspects that made battlefield so fun have been kiddie-fied
  • llkundacill
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So now I've played the game it's very under whelming. It feels like a light version of Battlefield - Battlefield with all the adult stuff removed to appease the snowflakes and under 10s. It just isn't battlefield. I can't kick campers out of my squad, no mortars, next to no grenades, no swearing, etc. The destruction is poor and seems far less than previous battlefields. explosives don't seem to kill anyone. Loads of buildings you can't go in.
    Why change what isn't broken. BF4/1 worked (eventually) What was wrong with having BF1 game play for BFV. Fifa sells millions every year for the same game with new updates and skins. It sells because their fan base wants to play the same game. Well guess what, so do we. Re skin BF1 for ww2 and it would have sold much more. Re master BF Vietnam and it will sell well because people liked the way it played.

A lot of BF gamers are now in their 30s, 40s and 50s. We don't give a jot about skins and were certainly not going to buy them. Micro transactions lol I don't think so. I'd rather pay £80 for a full premium game with content like BF4 paying for quality DLC for the following 2 yrs. BF4 had something like 200 different weapons with multiple attachments for each weapon, BFV has what 30 weapons and tries to make out it has loads of extras when they are just lame as skins. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT FORKING SKINS YOU HAVE TO UNLOCK.

Why is everyone running round like there in the Olympic 100m final. It's like watching road runner and the coyote cartoon.

Battlefield light is just half a game, no wonder it's selling for half price 2 weeks after launch. Someone at EA/Dice needs to be sacked, the next BF game had better go back to basics, re master BF4 or this is the beginning of the end of the BF franchise.

just wait more... they will keep removing stuff until the battle become by hands only... it will be battlehands 🤣
  • GoVe_5
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BlueCeltic your post is the best i saw on the forum.You only forget to say about dedicated servers...BRAVO!!! .Community care about battlefield more than devs
  • misisipiRivrRat
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I've posted a few times about the destruction. Or should I say the lack of destruction?
  • -BL-Lucinator
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Couldn't agree more, DEVS give us the game we deserve not the game we got
  • Khronikos
    1618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I for one just cannot stand the death spotting, low TTK, and imbalances of vehicles and infantry. It kills the game for me. The low TTK here is abysmal coming from BF1 post TTK patch. This is like COD, and I really don't know how much longer I will last.