Now is the right time to discuss removal of scope reflection (sniper)

MOSSAD-RECRUITER
340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
Some people cried about skilled snipers like me, years ago, and scope reflection was introduced. So snipers were spotted easily. Most players are used to it now, and I know there will be some outrage if it is removed.
However, back then technology was not the same as today. With the introduction of Raytracing this year, I think this should also be applied to scopes reflections in this game. So,, my suggestion is not removing it completely, but making it more realistic relative to surrounding light sources. Other forms of "reflections" like shadows compared to sun, is already in the game without Raytracing, so I can't see right away why it should not be applied to all graphic cards somehow. I think this is more about if players like snipers or not, and the way snipers are played. A pain, sometimes. But war is war, right?
The way reflections works now, in BF V, is very bad. Not only is it there, no matter what, but it also go straight through smoke and even walls or other obstacles. At least it should be hidden, if the sniper move behind some protection, but still in aim mode.
What do you think, guys?

Comments

• WILF3R
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good idea
  • InnerD
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    like 90% of the community can't use raytracing.
    and besides there is no reason to remove scope glint, maybe make it more like the beta but not remove it.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    InnerD wrote: »
    like 90% of the community can't use raytracing.
    and besides there is no reason to remove scope glint, maybe make it more like the beta but not remove it.

Yeah, but like I said, it could also work without Raytracing. Since shadows are working relative to light sources. In earlier games spotlights worked this way. Soldier inside a house or in completely is not bright and so on.
  • Zviko0
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just remove it. Blending in would actually work then. Instead of scope glint, spot them for couple of seconds after they shoot.