Battlefield 5 50% off to veteran players 2 WEEKS after release?!?!?!?

1235»

Comments

• tgryudfgyu
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    40k player average across all platforms tells the whole story lol

Is there a way to see the actual player numbers in bfv?

I was wondering the same. Battlefield tracker still doesn't work and pstats or whatever isn't supporting bfV.

Anyway I will be waiting to buy until the game is $5-10, should be around the day after Christmas at this rate.
  • vice350z
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What's really hilarious about this is that they're offering this deal to "loyal battlefield players"....so what were we on launch day? Not loyal players? Anyway...i loaded up BF4 and BF1 in Origin and no 50% off offer for me. What the fugg.
  • ackers75
    2318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh dear it seems some people still preorder lol.
    Was dice gonna run out of digital copies?
    You people will never learn
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Oh dear it seems some people still preorder lol.
    Was dice gonna run out of digital copies?
    You people will never learn

Was never an issue of scarcity; but the franchise loyalty and pre-order bonuses has something to do with it.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    40k player average across all platforms tells the whole story lol

Is there a way to see the actual player numbers in bfv?

He is pulling numbers out of thin air.
  • Xbox1NICO
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
  • Xbox1NICO
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I complained and all they gave me was a 15% off coupon ,which of a £50 game is basically £7.50 not even 50 % or in game currency or even a 50% refund ,can’t imagine the rage of people who spent over £100
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi all,

As a BF veteran myself I can totally see why you would be annoyed about this. All previous BF's I have pre ordered with the exception of BF5. I logged into BF1 last night via my PS4 and was presented with the offer of 50% off the deluxe version. It's still £39.99 via PSN with the discount, so it's still not a bargain.

Everything I've read indicates this game is half finished at best. I know BF1 had issues at launch and beyond, but I stuck with it and think that's a great game. Honest opinions, for those who brought BF5 would you buy it again knowing what you do now?

Nope would not buy it again NOW.
    but its a great game in case of gunplay and so on.
    so i would buy it when the major bugs like endless EoR are fixed
  • Mr_pepperami
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I contacted EA help and was in contact with someone called Katherine. She straight up denied that this offer even existed. Took her word for it and logged off. I bought the deluxe version for Xbox one so I thought id turn on the PS4 and check my copy of bf1. Sure enough the 50% offer is there. So she either lied or had no idea. Called them and they said I had to contact Microsoft and see if they will do anything. Total kick in the balls. Crap customer service.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    785 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi all,

As a BF veteran myself I can totally see why you would be annoyed about this. All previous BF's I have pre ordered with the exception of BF5. I logged into BF1 last night via my PS4 and was presented with the offer of 50% off the deluxe version. It's still £39.99 via PSN with the discount, so it's still not a bargain.

Everything I've read indicates this game is half finished at best. I know BF1 had issues at launch and beyond, but I stuck with it and think that's a great game. Honest opinions, for those who brought BF5 would you buy it again knowing what you do now?

It is good game and I am enjoying it, you can clearly see the promise it has. Playing with friends in a full squad elevates this game to an incredible experience. Although playing solo can be really frustrating as a large part of the player base hasn't caught up with the new mechanics and play style yet.
    It does have a lot of issues, for me being the TTD bug, imbalance between classes and the growing campy play style, (some matches can be quite dull, not all but quite a few).
    I don't regret buying at all, but with hindsight I'd maybe have held back until after Christmas and see how things work out.
  • Matta_CR0
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I usually do not pre-order any games but Battlefield V was exception, all because I thought I will finally play successor of the best game of my life - Battlefield 1942. This kind of money grab and humiliation of loyal player fan base is rarely seen.
    Thank you EA and DICE, for sobering me up. You can shove my 79.99 EUR up yours you_know_where, have fun doing that.
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Even No Man's Sky waited a year before offering a discount.
  • D4RTS
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’d be surprised if you succeed. The only way to punish them - if that’s what you want to do - is stop buying their games.
    Personally I enjoy the game without suffering from most of the issues that keep getting mentioned so I don’t feel the same pain. Plus I paid the full price fully aware that it will eventually drop. Maybe faster than usual this time. But if that would be the main concern every time I buy anything I better stop buying anything...
  • ObecnyBujak
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Every release EA and DICE gave you reason not to preorder their game. Yet you still do. They do not owe anything to anybody. It's your plain stupidity and you have to pay for it dearly until you learn.
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Every release EA and DICE gave you reason not to preorder their game. Yet you still do. They do not owe anything to anybody. It's your plain stupidity and you have to pay for it dearly until you learn.

But this is the first time they gave a 50% discount two weeks after release (that wasn't tied to Black Friday). Game condition aside, this is the first time pre-ordering was a waste. First time the "premium/deluxe" model was a waste.