Hardcore/Elite players from clans whose mainly goals is to preserve their K/Ds over winning the game

j232211V7
83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
I consider myself a competitive above average BF5 infantry player, not an expert. I was shocked to my core playing this morning against the best 12 players I”ve ever encountered, this was a Domination game which lasted around one(1) hour, very exhausting and demanding game, never got 1 shot killed by so many people so many times, I adjusted and we won the game by a big margin 43-0. Here’s my dissapointment about those pseudo skilled players, we shouldn’t even call the “Elite” players, they do not deserve it. Those easily identifed by clan names Players, prefered to keep a safe/distant position at all times rather than risk to take aggressive captures to the flag points. At the beginning we were overwhelmed by their superior aiming and technique, we adjusted on the fly, we died a lot and took and hold the flags over and over, I was playing alone but had five magnificent players in my team, not in my group. Is this a normal trend or behavior for “Way above average” BF5 players? Is it really relevant for those clan members to keep their KD’s to the highest possible numbers at all costs? Or Is this just maybe a juvenile behavior? Since when Victory is no longer relevant/important for new generations? I am making all these assumptions about these players because at the end of the match, suspiciously they all had unbeliavably high KD’s for that particular match. Any thoughts/ insights about it would be really appreciated.

Comments

• disposalist
    8984 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Whah?! No way?! Competitive players padding their KD?! So unusual! /s

I wish it was unusual. Another reason the balancer has a hard time skill balancing to make an even match, because often, so called 'skilled' players have no interest in winning the match.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There certainly are people around who do everything to get the highest kdr possible. Just as there are people who waste planes using them to taxi to a flag, people who stick mines on vehicle spawns, spawn campers, people who purpose disrupt other peoples gameplay, people who camp in an uncap with vehicles and many more with all sorts of annoying playstyles.
    I don't think you can generalize. Just because you saw some people you considered to be competitive players with a clan tag doing this, doesn't mean all "competitive" players behave like that or all people who are part of a clan behave like that. I also have a clan tag next to my name and for some reason have been met with toxic comments just because of that on several occasions....
  • DukeSan27
    1297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They probably did not realize the kills do not bleed tickets on DOM anymore:

• j232211V7
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DukeSan27 wrote: »
    They probably did not realize the kills do not bleed tickets on DOM anymore:

Awesome, I didn’t know that
  • j232211V7
    TheSacar wrote: »
    There certainly are people around who do everything to get the highest kdr possible. Just as there are people who waste planes using them to taxi to a flag, people who stick mines on vehicle spawns, spawn campers, people who purpose disrupt other peoples gameplay, people who camp in an uncap with vehicles and many more with all sorts of annoying playstyles.
    I don't think you can generalize. Just because you saw some people you considered to be competitive players with a clan tag doing this, doesn't mean all "competitive" players behave like that or all people who are part of a clan behave like that. I also have a clan tag next to my name and for some reason have been met with toxic comments just because of that on several occasions....

My apologies, I was not trying to generalize about tag players in BF5. However, this has been a recurring pattern seen many times during these two weeks I have been playing BF5. Have put 60 hours so far, play mainly in Dom. This was the first time seeing competitive players who were that good, all playing as a big unit, with tthe potencial to possibly crush us but took the easy route, minimal risk to preserve their beloved KD’s.
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    They should scramble the squads of both teams after each game. If you are playing with more than one squad of friends, tough luck. In bf1 they would switch one squad from each team. That is not enough. Every squad should be a 50/50 chance to be switched up.

I dont have a problem with clans playing together. I do have a problem with joining a game and seeing 3-4 squads of clan members all on one team trouncing a pub and then spamming ez at the end.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3543 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry to see that. But there are actually players with decent K/D that care about winning. Like myself and my team and close friends. We play togheter everyday to win, but when we do that, and because we are winning people complain about that instead..
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't come across this in BFV Domination (PC EU), but on BF1 there was one Dom platoon that operated their own server and exhibited these tendencies. Whenever you ended up on their side, it was almost given that you'd lose since they played so cautiously and camped outside objectives. Though they weren't that skilled so this might not count for your purposes. Generally the majority of skilled Domination mains seem to fight hard for the win.
  • j232211V7
    Sorry to see that. But there are actually players with decent K/D that care about winning. Like myself and my team and close friends. We play togheter everyday to win, but when we do that, and because we are winning people complain about that instead..

I’m jealous, my 2 friends I play with are not nearly as good as I’m, also they are not consistent, disciplined or commited to BF5. A 3rd friend with true potential is finally joining our BF5 team and will be a game changer. We are just a bunch of hardcore Battlefront 2 players who specialized in shooter characters / infantry who played ocasionally BF1. BF5 game is entirely a different beast and we are getting there. We love this game.
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Being a clan player myself I'd say it is mixed. We have many types in our clan. I would not say the 'K/D-maximizers' really cares about their K/D as a stat in our case. It is just that they avoid dying if they can and do not take risks. In their case I think it is a habit adopted in CS because when you die there you basically have to just wait out the round. Others are relentless objective players (I count myself to that category). The will to win games is also quite varying. Personally I like to win when it gets tight, else I do not care much. One just have to realize that the impact of a single player or even a squad is not very large. I do get a bit triggered in some specific modes like Rush/Breakthrough and Frontlines when people do not play objectives (not so much in Conquest). Partly because if nobody does, it will mean I charge alone a lot and spend lots of time in the spawn screen...
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The insane TTD, low TTK and poor visibilty (and without spotting) promotes camping, moving is instant dead ... it is in every game mode.

Winning does matter, but constantly dying is no fun.

And respawning with the above mentioned "mechanics" and poor spawnplaces is also instant dead lots of times.
  • IamNotThatWhichU
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Exactamundo Bartman, you hit the nail on the head.
  • wc138
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    j232211V7 wrote: »
    I consider myself a competitive above average BF5 infantry player, not an expert. I was shocked to my core playing this morning against the best 12 players I”ve ever encountered, this was a Domination game which lasted around one(1) hour, very exhausting and demanding game, never got 1 shot killed by so many people so many times, I adjusted and we won the game by a big margin 43-0. Here’s my dissapointment about those pseudo skilled players, we shouldn’t even call the “Elite” players, they do not deserve it. Those easily identifed by clan names Players, prefered to keep a safe/distant position at all times rather than risk to take aggressive captures to the flag points. At the beginning we were overwhelmed by their superior aiming and technique, we adjusted on the fly, we died a lot and took and hold the flags over and over, I was playing alone but had five magnificent players in my team, not in my group. Is this a normal trend or behavior for “Way above average” BF5 players? Is it really relevant for those clan members to keep their KD’s to the highest possible numbers at all costs? Or Is this just maybe a juvenile behavior? Since when Victory is no longer relevant/important for new generations? I am making all these assumptions about these players because at the end of the match, suspiciously they all had unbeliavably high KD’s for that particular match. Any thoughts/ insights about it would be really appreciated.

Everyone has a different idea of what makes a player good. Those people you were playing against see K/D as the margin for being a good player, and you see it differently. It's arbitrary, and it's always been that way. Doubt it will ever change. You see "victory" as the ultimate goal; they see it as a positive kill to death. Both of you are right, again, because it's arbitrary.

Just play the game. You aren't going to change how other people play, nor should you be able to unless you bought their copy.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3543 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    j232211V7 wrote: »

I’m jealous, my 2 friends I play with are not nearly as good as I’m, also they are not consistent, disciplined or commited to BF5. A 3rd friend with true potential is finally joining our BF5 team and will be a game changer. We are just a bunch of hardcore Battlefront 2 players who specialized in shooter characters / infantry who played ocasionally BF1. BF5 game is entirely a different beast and we are getting there. We love this game.

I’m happy to see tou guys trying and your mentality. If you are on PS4 we can play if you want to? Then you forget how it’s to loose :)
  • therealzyzygy
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Players purely going for k/d is not unusual in BF5, unfortunately. I've been in winning teams yet the top squad is on the losing team and they are all snipers, and during the match I saw them hanging at the back, looking for kills. Its great when the opposition does this. On Fjell yesterday, one group of players insisted on dominating the air as Spitfires. Fine by me. They did no damage to our ground forces and we trounced the enemy. But it isn't arbitrary to dislike k/d hunting in BF5 - this is an objective based team game in most of its modes, and k/d farming rarely helps the team.