Switching teams

Kagg
141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
When will switching teams be added back into the game? It's really annoying to have to join-leave-join like 10 games befor you get the right side and team.
Maybe add back custom servers like the system you had in bf3/4? That was so much more fun and intresting.

Comments

• Doktor_von_Soest
    38 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Hello,

As you both said, by removing the whole system, it removes the bad side as the very good ones. Also, for faction related assignements, it is a pain in the **** now. Have to leave game 10 times before getting in the wanted faction. I really think it should comes back. I did too much 15 v 5 battles in domination, to say that it would be a good thing.

I made a topic about that, so people can vote and post in it. I don't know if it's going to change anything, but i wanted to try. I think it's worth it : https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/164863/choose-faction-before-launching-switching-team-button-back#latest
  • Kagg
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Switching to larger/winning teams was stupid and it good that it's gone. Balancing now has a much better chance to work.

HOWEVER, WHY did they also remove switching to the losing team?! Another good idea done bad in BF5...

There is no balance and fights are hardly more eaven now. You just have to leave and re-enter and it's annoying as heck. The main issue is though that maps are so horribly balanced that defending on any map and any game mod is just boring as heck. They at least needs to add a way to only join on the attacking side so you don't have to spend hours joing and rejoinging games.
  • Dancovich
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Switching should only be allowed to the losing team. Quitting and retrying isn't a solution, it occupies valuable space just so you can play the side that you want.

If someone likes to play Domination on attack but ended up in defense, just play the game and the next match you'll be on attack, most probably you'll enter the server mid game and it won't be long until you switch sides.

One other solution DICE could implement is to have server search filters, for example you could look for Domination Attack. Expect some empty results though.

Also there are faction assignments, these shouldn't be in the game period.
  • Kagg
    Dancovich wrote: »
    Switching should only be allowed to the losing team. Quitting and retrying isn't a solution, it occupies valuable space just so you can play the side that you want.

If someone likes to play Domination on attack but ended up in defense, just play the game and the next match you'll be on attack, most probably you'll enter the server mid game and it won't be long until you switch sides.

One other solution DICE could implement is to have server search filters, for example you could look for Domination Attack. Expect some empty results though.

Also there are faction assignments, these shouldn't be in the game period.

No, I won't spend 20 min doing something thats not fun just to have the game switch for me after that. Simply not going to happen.
    I play the game for fun and the current system is not fun. It was back in BF3/4 but not here. I find myself playing more BF4 still simply becuase of this.
  • Weddellrobben
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sooo if I see this right, you are a winning team joiner?
  • Kagg
    Sooo if I see this right, you are a winning team joiner?

No, but as long as the maps are so poorly balanced, playing on defence is just not something enjoyable.
  • fakemon64
    891 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im so glad that i can just play the game and not worry about quitting out of matches. I couldn't imagine spending time just quitting out of matches. But i guess as long as the op is having fun
  • Kagg
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    Im so glad that i can just play the game and not worry about quitting out of matches. I couldn't imagine spending time just quitting out of matches. But i guess as long as the op is having fun

No, it's not fun at all. It used to be when you actually could switch teams though.
  • WSS-JuliusHeide
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I like to play the german side win/ loos no matter. So yes I want to be able to switch teams if I am on the allies side !
  • SweatyMelons
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think they should bring it back. Had a ton of games today where I lost within 5 minutes because my team wanted to be fn snipers and not go after the objectives. Ugh.
  • Noodlesocks
    2079 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Should bring it back, even if only to even out the teams when the match making chooses not to.
  • warslag
    1215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think people wanted this feature removed out of pure narrow mindedness. Many asked for it to be removed because they said players used it to join the winning team, creating one sided matches.

I'm very disappointed and depressed that DICE removed it, but it's just another sign of the world we live in today. I know that will sound dramatic to some, but it's just how I feel.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    I think people wanted this feature removed out of pure narrow mindedness. Many asked for it to be removed because they said players used it to join the winning team, creating one sided matches.

I'm very disappointed and depressed that DICE removed it, but it's just another sign of the world we live in today. I know that will sound dramatic to some, but it's just how I feel.

Team switching wasn't the problem, as clearly evidenced by BFV, it was/is the poor matchmaking that seems to team stack even when it's all randoms. 7/10 matches are still very one sided.

I at least hope they put it back in as a timed option for a couple minutes after the start of a round, so you don't have to keep playing with the same bozos every round.
  • stabbinhobo
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You should be able to switch teams...
    You should be able to select a faction...
    And you sure as heck SHOULD be able to see what the score of any game in progress is in the server browser!

Love being on a server where 1 side is getting steamrolled... you know it will just continue and so does everyone else... server predictably empties at the end of the round. So you go find another full server and join the waitlist. Finally get in to find 20 tickets remaining. Joy.. rinse wash repeat.

Pull your heads out DICE. The server browser blows. Who cares what the map rotation is as you run all the freakin servers and it's the same across the board. How about some useful information?
  • One_Eyed_W1LLy
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 10
    When your idea of fun is joining the winning team. / Ignore.
    I've joined the losing team all my life. Erm....
  • warslag
    1215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 10
    When your idea of fun is joining the winning team. / Ignore.
    I've joined the losing team all my life. Erm....

Well, I think players should have some freedom to choose what they want to do if it doesn't impact other players' games. Which switching teams doesn't. The devs know this so removing the feature is incredibly cynical as they also know that it's a nice quality-of-life feature. It's a feature that's been in Battlefield for many years. People complain about it but they complain about everything. We should be able to rely on devs to make the right decisions and this time they didn't.
    Post edited by warslag on
  • Hawxxeye
    4158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 10
    In BFV I have literally been in at least 3 cases where I was hoping I could join the losing team cause the win streak was getting silly and I wanted the round to last longer for assignments
  • villet4x
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should bring team switching back. Ive been stuck on Allies one god damn day few times. It annoys me, cuz i want to play Axis also👌😂