Switching teams

Comments

• MachoFantast1c0
    2010 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    Well, I think players should have some freedom to choose what they want to do if it doesn't impact other players' games. Which switching teams doesn't.

This has got to be the naivest thing I've read all day. There's even a term for it: stacking. Not to mention how amoral people abused team switching to derive unfair personal benefit on par with boosting to exploit win bonuses and pad their stats.

• warslag
    1365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    warslag wrote: »
    Well, I think players should have some freedom to choose what they want to do if it doesn't impact other players' games. Which switching teams doesn't.

This has got to be the naivest thing I've read all day. There's even a term for it: stacking. Not to mention how amoral people abused team switching to derive unfair personal benefit on par with boosting to exploit win bonuses and pad their stats.

Even if what you said was true it's still not true all the time. We should focus on the positive affects of a feature instead of making assumptions about any potential negative affects.

People are still complaining about team stacking and one-sided matches in BFV which removing team switching was supposedly going to resolve. All it's really done is lower the quality of life for people.
  • WSS-JuliusHeide
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

[/quote]

Sometimes yes. Not all the time and all players.. If we can't choose sides next they will force us to play a specific class... I want to be able to choose what side and what class and gender I want.
  • nikon56
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello,

As you both said, by removing the whole system, it removes the bad side as the very good ones. Also, for faction related assignements, it is a pain in the **** now. Have to leave game 10 times before getting in the wanted faction. I really think it should comes back. I did too much 15 v 5 battles in domination, to say that it would be a good thing.

I made a topic about that, so people can vote and post in it. I don't know if it's going to change anything, but i wanted to try. I think it's worth it : https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/164863/choose-faction-before-launching-switching-team-button-back#latest

well, it's quite easy to improve the current situation while avoiding this: let player switch only for a short amount of time at the start of a round (say 90 / 120 sec.) and only from the team with the most players to the one with less. the current situation is fubar anyway, yesterday we joined a game already half of it's way as a platoon, were put in the winning team that had DOUBLE the number of player of the loosing one.....nonsense.
  • swamanrick
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The thing is that you shouldn’t “fix” what’s not broken and that’s exactly what the geniuses at DICE did by removing the switch team option - it just kills the mood to play in a potato team, I usually end up just switching to another game completely after a couple lost matches.
  • GreenR04
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    Removing the ability to switch to the team that's missing half of their players was a terrible mistake. During a match the teams will drop to 28 vs 10 and more people will keep leaving because terrible team balance.
  • WSS-JuliusHeide
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    We have assignments to attack or to defend and are stuck on one side or the other. And if I like a plane or tank skin of one of the factions and I can't play that faction is no't coll.
  • SergeantNathan
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There is an "exploit" on the XboxOne version to team switch by joining the game of someone on the other team... but if their squad is full, it doesn't work. So, now you have people on your team sitting there doing nothing productive, frantically spamming every name on the other team trying to switch over...

...GREAT improvement EA! /s

I left my protest alone for a month and came back to see this thread and others on Reddit... I'm amazed how stubborn you are, EA/Dice. One of the worst selling BF titles yet (especially when you compare the marketing for BF5 vs the underrated BF:BC2), and the long time players are laying it out there what they miss... and you just sit there with your arms crossed. Well, I'll try again in another month, and see if you guys come to your senses by then... until then, this $40 stays in my pocket.
  • tamatem13
    154 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Please bring back switching Dice...some of us like playing specific armies or positions (attack/defence).
  • WSS-JuliusHeide
    At least give us the chance to chose a side at the beginning of the round.
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I second this.
  • Doktor_von_Soest
    41 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

+ !
  • doctorrocktor
    1790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sooo if I see this right, you are a winning team joiner?

This is exactly what this sounds like.
  • skins4ever21
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've tried to switch to the other team that is getting whooped so I can prolong game to get my challenges done lol Could care less about win % cause I just don't think that says much based off how this game is played
  • WSS-JuliusHeide
    I've tried to switch to the other team that is getting whooped so I can prolong game to get my challenges done lol Could care less about win % cause I just don't think that says much based off how this game is played

Yes.. We need to be able to choose attack or defend ...
  • disposalist
    8442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And when 40 people choose one and 24 people the other, what happens?
  • WSS-JuliusHeide
    And when 40 people choose one and 24 people the other, what happens?

Usually you can't choose/ switch a team if the other team has at least tow players more ... like all the other bf games. Even now I played some games where there were 10 people more on one side so...
  • wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Team switching during the match was a terrible, terrible, terrible idea. I'm glad to be rid of it. There's absolutely no reason at all you should just be allowed to switch teams, because everyone who isn't pretending they don't understand knows exactly what happens: people switch to the winning side. I mean, why wouldn't you, if you could?

However, there's a great idea posted by @WSS-JuliusHeide. Let people pick the side they want before the game starts, and don't put in any more assignments that force you into completing it from one side. Boom. Done.
  • Doktor_von_Soest
    41 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wc138 wrote: »
    Team switching during the match was a terrible, terrible, terrible idea. I'm glad to be rid of it. There's absolutely no reason at all you should just be allowed to switch teams, because everyone who isn't pretending they don't understand knows exactly what happens: people switch to the winning side. I mean, why wouldn't you, if you could?

However, there's a great idea posted by @WSS-JuliusHeide. Let people pick the side they want before the game starts, and don't put in any more assignments that force you into completing it from one side. Boom. Done.

Agree, could be really nice to pick up the side we want, before launching.A bit tired to play always the same side over and over again ^^
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Red Orchestra 2 had a good system in their servers.

You could vote, vote for next map, vote to scramble the teams, also the teams would auto balance when too many ppl were on one side or ppl left. All had to be done under majority vote.

I realize this isn't the BEST way of doing it but it did seem successful.