A lot of you won’t know this

mav_smileyface
1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Some will, most wont & some won’t care.

The reason for all the nonsense in this game, woman on front covers, female screams everywhere etc is down to one thing.

Development teams have their product reviewed by 5/6 of the largest “gaming review” company on the market, they are marked up against a META score.

Now this metascore has very little to do with gameplay but everything to do with their values. Now all of these companies swing drastically to the left so these values that I talk about are everything to do with what’s relevant in the current makeup. of the world today.

Now if I game speaks to their core values, agendas the game will score very highly, if not. It won’t.

Now lastly the reason development teams have no choice but to abide by this metascore is simple.

They are bonused on how well their game strikes home with super liberalism views held by these major companies, IGN, Gamespot as examples.

If you want to understand more look it up

Review scores are for how well your game hits home with current affair agendas, nothing to do with gameplay

All that aside! I separate myself from that BS and try just enjoy the product I have

Comments

• warslag
    1594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Sounds like a conspiracy theory or fake news, to me anyway.

A dev actually stated that females are in the game because females play video games and want to play as females. "If you don't like it then don't buy it" E A Guy.

It's completely reasonable. If you watch Twitch you will see that there is much more diversity amongst the younger player-base especially.
  • TOG_Whiskey
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cool, can you post a few links to females playing BFV, I would love to see how they do and if they feel the game is feeling inclusive for them, do they relate to the game and how they feel about females replacing males in the war stories - would love to get their perspective.

I mean, upsetting the player base to this degree must have created a lot of new female fans, right?

Regarding the metacritic thing, this has been recently documented in a video with some hard facts including a $1 million bonus not being paid as the metacritic score was 1 point below the threshold.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cool, can you post a few links to females playing BFV, I would love to see how they do and if they feel the game is feeling inclusive for them, do they relate to the game and how they feel about females replacing males in the war stories - would love to get their perspective.

I mean, upsetting the player base to this degree must have created a lot of new female fans, right?

Regarding the metacritic thing, this has been recently documented in a video with some hard facts including a $1 million bonus not being paid as the metacritic score was 1 point below the threshold.

Yeah. I'm curious on a Females perspective as well. Where da Females at?
  • crabman169
    12846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The woman that shows up as the first screen when I press button to launch game just bothers me for some reason.

I'm not a sexest person either. It's so out of place. I don't even care when I see them in the game. It's just that menu. It doesn't motivate me to play the game.lol

Dont like Emily Blunt aye...

>.>
  • ProAssassin2003
    3529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    The woman that shows up as the first screen when I press button to launch game just bothers me for some reason.

I'm not a sexest person either. It's so out of place. I don't even care when I see them in the game. It's just that menu. It doesn't motivate me to play the game.lol

>.>

Love Emily Blunt. She's hot. Wish she was the picture. Lol
  • KILLUNCLE84
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Interesting. As a man having Lara Croft on the front of Tomb Raider didn't put me off buying it. Nor the millions of other males who bought the game. Where is the option to play that as a male character? Nowhere. And I couldn't care less. To think that women are swayed by the gender of playable characters in a game I think does them a disservice. I would imagine they couldn't care less. It's all created such a load of unnecessary chat and waffle and bad feeling. Presumably from what you've said to purely sway a review system.

Emily Blunt is mint.

Good post.
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tin foil hats on guys!

That’s what I thought when I first heard of this, but it’s been around for years man, it’s just getting more relevant now

• oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I saw that video but i think it also has something to do with the country that DICE is located. I am pretty sure I read somewhere they are trying to be more about equality or something and businesses have to adhere to this. I might be wrong and if I am then my apologies but i did want to look more into it.
  • mav_smileyface
    Tin foil hats on guys!
    That’s what I thought when I first heard of this, but it’s been around for years man, it’s just getting more relevant now
    Yeah and our news media is controlled by liberals and our entertainment is beamed in from the noodle monster on Venus!

Oh how asleep you actually are man
  • disposalist
    8680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Tin foil hats on guys!
    Yeah and our news media is controlled by liberals and our entertainment is beamed in from the noodle monster on Venus!
    Oh how asleep you actually are man
    It's the stuff they put in the water.
  • TOG_Whiskey
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Reviewers tend to be of the soy variety, dyed hair, thick rimmed glasses - lock, stock, the lot. Full on soy.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yeah. I'm curious on a Females perspective as well. Where da Females at?

Whats a female?
  • mf_shro0m
    1862 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

>.>

That’s not Emily Blunt on the cover. Emily Blunt’s not bad and there are some hot photos of her but the girl on the cover’s fiiiine
  • TylerKA24DET
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    Sounds like a conspiracy theory or fake news, to me anyway.

A dev actually stated that females are in the game because females play video games and want to play as females. "If you don't like it then don't buy it" E A Guy.

It's completely reasonable. If you watch Twitch you will see that there is much more diversity amongst the younger player-base especially.

Twitch isn't an accurate representation of your typical gamer. Twitch's main streamer base is people out to exploit "gaming" for money. You're telling me most gamers have a Patreon account where they sell nudes for hundreds of dollars? LMFAO
  • mf_shro0m
    1862 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Interesting. As a man having Lara Croft on the front of Tomb Raider didn't put me off buying it. Nor the millions of other males who bought the game. Where is the option to play that as a male character? Nowhere. And I couldn't care less. To think that women are swayed by the gender of playable characters in a game I think does them a disservice. I would imagine they couldn't care less. It's all created such a load of unnecessary chat and waffle and bad feeling. Presumably from what you've said to purely sway a review system.

Good post.

Well said. I’d like to hear what the ladies think too

I think that that’s different to some tho because when you play Tomb Raider you play as Lara Croft, whereas some users want their avatar in Battlefield to be them and take it pretty seriously. Just take a look at the thread complaining about how you can’t play as a Male pilot.
    To them, when you play as Lara Croft, you’re role playing.
    To them, when you play as ‘you’ in Battlefield, you’re playing as yourself.
  • KILLUNCLE84
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I reckon nobody would have a problem if it was in the future (or current) and not linked loosely to WW2. That's what annoys some people and I understand. Completely. Totally.

I'm sure the decision was done in good faith based on inclusion and for buisiness reasons. Whatever.

What's done is done.

(Do any of the girl avatars look like Lara or Emily?)