Assault Class Semi auto Rifles stealth nerfed?!

2»

Comments

• smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jodomar wrote: »
    I'm like 100% certain they ninja nerfed things in this last patch. I used the m1a1 exclusivly it was a super fast firing accurate gun, got a lot of kills with it. Now, it seems nerfed. I do not kill as fast with it, what once took 3-4 rounds now takes half a clip. Did they adjust dmg, accuracy, added more recoil, I'm not sure but could have been anyone of those. It kind of feels like every other bullet is not counting for dmg.

I think it's just you. Non of them got changed. They actually need to get nerved more than what you describe...
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    790 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nope just finished Grand Operations with the Gewehr 1-5 and it shreds people. I love the Assault guns but in terms of overall balance their a bit too bloody good.
  • eMartinez
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Assault is the class Karl Marx would have invented had he had the choice. Hellen Keller could get kills with it. Its the default, entry level, make even the bad players feel good class.
  • JackL1vely
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    Since the Patch i cant hit anything anymore with semi auto rifles,bullets are traveling way slower, recoil is way higher than before, especially gewehr 43.
    cant find anything about that in the patch notes but my squad and several people here in the forum noticed same...
    i was playing the day before patch and managed stats like 40-10 and now i can be happy if i do like 15-10 on assault lmao.

Hell, snipers are easy to counter snipe, ironically. M1A1 will utterly destroy them at most ranges, which is just all kinds of broken.
    Yeah it’s ridiculous how weak sniper rifles are. All the other weapons can have scopes and outgun it.

What are you smoking? They are the most powerful and accurate guns in the game.... 2 body shots or 1 hs with any sniper rifle

Takes like 3-4 Carbine shots to kill someone at a ROF of something like 850 RPM, vs 2 shots at around 90 RPM with a Bolt Action Rifle...

If you can't see why that's not balanced I seriously don't understand your point. Compared to any Bolt Action Rifle, Semi-Automatic Rifles absolutely rip and tear and they have almost no downsides to balance them. Bolt Actions are indeed the most powerful and accurate in the game, but comparatively, they are weak and in need of a buff.

People always forget that rate of fire plays a huge role in the effectiveness of a weapon, and in a game where the TTK is so low, it basically favours anyone who can throw more bullets in a shorter time span than the other guy. You can (unrealistically) survive a .303 to the chest, and have time to return fire and completely kill an enemy sniper with around 4 shots before he even has time to unscope, cycle, and rescope.

Bolt Actions are in a bad place right now. Only the insane flick players and OHK kings make it look OP and easy. For literally everyone else, Recon is not an easy class to play.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    790 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    Since the Patch i cant hit anything anymore with semi auto rifles,bullets are traveling way slower, recoil is way higher than before, especially gewehr 43.
    cant find anything about that in the patch notes but my squad and several people here in the forum noticed same...
    i was playing the day before patch and managed stats like 40-10 and now i can be happy if i do like 15-10 on assault lmao.

Hell, snipers are easy to counter snipe, ironically. M1A1 will utterly destroy them at most ranges, which is just all kinds of broken.
    Yeah it’s ridiculous how weak sniper rifles are. All the other weapons can have scopes and outgun it.

What are you smoking? They are the most powerful and accurate guns in the game.... 2 body shots or 1 hs with any sniper rifle

Takes like 3-4 Carbine shots to kill someone at a ROF of something like 850 RPM, vs 2 shots at around 90 RPM with a Bolt Action Rifle...

If you can't see why that's not balanced I seriously don't understand your point. Compared to any Bolt Action Rifle, Semi-Automatic Rifles absolutely rip and tear and they have almost no downsides to balance them. Bolt Actions are indeed the most powerful and accurate in the game, but comparatively, they are weak and in need of a buff.

People always forget that rate of fire plays a huge role in the effectiveness of a weapon, and in a game where the TTK is so low, it basically favours anyone who can throw more bullets in a shorter time span than the other guy. You can (unrealistically) survive a .303 to the chest, and have time to return fire and completely kill an enemy sniper with around 4 shots before he even has time to unscope, cycle, and rescope.

Bolt Actions are in a bad place right now. Only the insane flick players and OHK kings make it look OP and easy. For literally everyone else, Recon is not an easy class to play.

Gotta disagree, the SLR's more than make up for any deficiencies in the Bolt Actions. For once I can actually PTFO with Recon, the Model 8 and the RSC are beasts and when people actually bother to use the Spawn Beacons effectively (not in a water tower 5 sodding miles from the objective) they can turn games.
    Recon aren't weaker but they're definitely different now, Bolt Actions may require practice to achieve the level of skill necessary to get the most out of them, but is that a bad thing?