Do we have cheaters?

Comments

• Prep768
    3430 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 wrote: »
    No hacks on console. Mnk on console is not cheating seeing as ps says its ok and licenses their own to hori to make. Complete with ps logo.

can we stop spreading this bs? third party equipment that alter input violates the tos as pointed out multiple times before. Sony never made a statement that its OK. the pure fact that they distribute their own converter doesn't mean that they are OK with people using ANY converter.
    furtherly Sony isn't deciding this by themselves but it's rather relevant what both Sony and a games developer say. ultimately if dice is not ok with it, it's not OK. they make the rules for their games...

So m&k is cheating?

not necessarily. my issue is that people keep claiming that mnks are perfectly fine without taking any specific information into account purely based on the fact that psn licensed the hori tac Pro. but this is not a valid argumentation.

about the tos part: I simply mentioned that to underline the point that I made. clearly its not all perfectly fine and people who complain just make things up.
    whether it's cheating or not is a different question though. things aren't necessarily cheating just because they violate some tos. conversely, something is not defined to be not cheating just because it doesn't violate some tos...

Understood
  • Jayremie570
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No hacks on console. Mnk on console is not cheating seeing as ps says its ok and licenses their own to hori to make. Complete with ps logo.

can we stop spreading this bs? third party equipment that alter input violates the tos as pointed out multiple times before. Sony never made a statement that its OK. the pure fact that they distribute their own converter doesn't mean that they are OK with people using ANY converter.
    furtherly Sony isn't deciding this by themselves but it's rather relevant what both Sony and a games developer say. ultimately if dice is not ok with it, it's not OK. they make the rules for their games...

The fact they have a device with a ps logo on it is in fact their statement on the matter. If they didn't want it then they wouldn't let hori create an emulator. Period. Any converter prolly not. Everyone knows xim is superior. But using hori seems to be A ok with ps.
    Is it fair? Thats a whole other matter.

it seems you didn't read any of what I wrote. my point is exactly that this "logo" is in fact not proving anything. all it shows is that they are obviously ok with people using their converter... nothing more. its not a logical to follow that Sony therfore doesn't mind anyone using any mnk converter or that they don't dislike seeing mnk used in the first place.
    and the cheating question is a whole other topic all together so this argument clearly isn't proving anything in this direction.

Well if a logo proves nothing then neither does a seal of approval or a degree from any college or any other trademark. By this logic it's all debatable weather something has legal binding which in these cases they do. Companies don't play around with the use of their likeness. Like to the tune of millions.

Plus it makes them money. The more people they can accomodate the less move to pc. If it makes dollars it makes sense.
  • The_BERG_366
    2313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The fact they have a device with a ps logo on it is in fact their statement on the matter. If they didn't want it then they wouldn't let hori create an emulator. Period. Any converter prolly not. Everyone knows xim is superior. But using hori seems to be A ok with ps.
    Is it fair? Thats a whole other matter.

it seems you didn't read any of what I wrote. my point is exactly that this "logo" is in fact not proving anything. all it shows is that they are obviously ok with people using their converter... nothing more. its not a logical to follow that Sony therfore doesn't mind anyone using any mnk converter or that they don't dislike seeing mnk used in the first place.
    and the cheating question is a whole other topic all together so this argument clearly isn't proving anything in this direction.

Well if a logo proves nothing then neither does a seal of approval or a degree from any college or any other trademark. By this logic it's all debatable weather something has legal binding which in these cases they do. Companies don't play around with the use of their likeness. Like to the tune of millions.

Plus it makes them money. The more people they can accomodate the less move to pc. If it makes dollars it makes sense.

you still completely miss the point. I just said that all the logo shows is that they are obviously OK with people using their converter (of course it does show something in this sense, the "nothing" part was a rhetorical mean, not to be taken litterally... I thought that would be obvious... ). following from that that any converter is fine or that Sony does not dislike seeing the use of mnk in the first place is not a valid conslusion.

for example it might be the case that they don't like the mnk market simply because they have less controll over it. however as they see that they can't stop it from being used they might as well jump into the market and try to get a share themselves. however just because they do so doesn't mean they like it or even that they are OK with people using third party products that compete with their own...
  • Tullzter
    1082 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't we have this same discussion in the BF1 forum a while back?
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter wrote: »
    Didn't we have this same discussion in the BF1 forum a while back?

About 1000 times.....
  • Beukiiie
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    do u really care if its cheating or not??
    ure still bound by the games "laws of physics" the only thing being is u could aquire a better aim because of the diffrence in controller.

but u still have put your crosshair, on that head, by ureself! no 3rd party software is being used for that.

so in my opinion.. its not cheating.

besides.. everybody gets shot after 1 bullet now in bf5...

even with the quick aim acuirement u die as soon as an emey spots you. u wont be able to turn and take the kill like in bf1
  • elmomoloco01
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can buy hack patches on the internet. If i publish the link they probably bann me. Some players now directly where you are.I get often shoted down behind obstacles or walls. Often peoples aiming better than me with a MG on long distance. Others are capable to support several shots 5+ from a tank without dying. Headshots with snipers dont works for some players (3+ ) an they keep running. So many wird situations that i cant be sure there are no cheaters.
  • sirghislandi
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can buy hack patches on the internet. If i publish the link they probably bann me. Some players now directly where you are.I get often shoted down behind obstacles or walls. Often peoples aiming better than me with a MG on long distance. Others are capable to support several shots 5+ from a tank without dying. Headshots with snipers dont works for some players (3+ ) an they keep running. So many wird situations that i cant be sure there are no cheaters.

You can buy just about everything on the Internet these days, does that mean that it all works? Nope..
    btw if you want the best hacks out there, give me a pm and I'll give you my PayPal id and we take it from there 😉
    I'm obviously joking with the last part but put it here just in case anyone actually thinks I'm serious
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    I played against a guy the other day and I was convinced he was using M&K.

His quick-scoping, target acquisition and immediate accuracy after quick-scoping were just too good for it to be a standard controller.

I am not a bad sniper myself, and usually can at least kill the other guy a few times when I get into multiple engagements with the same opposing sniper. But this guy just owned me every single time, not even a contest, he just wiped the floor with me and I couldn't kill him once.

It was either god-like skills or M&K. I have seen a few good players in my time, but this guy was something else.

If I am right, and he was using M&K, then I believe he had a huge advantage over me.
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ps_865 wrote: »
    Mordscythe wrote: »
    Just wondering if people are able to cheat on ps4?
    I’ve seen videos of pc players and one of my platoon mates swears there are hax on PlayStation.
    So I’m wondering if he is right or wrong....

officially they say cheating on new PS4 and XB1 is not possible because they are not "jailbreak -en". But, there was a video of COD BO3 cheat on the YT. The enemy players had a red box around them. He was selling the PS4 app for that. It was reported,... and the video was removed forever.

Although the new generation console is not broken (as yet), I'm suspicious that developers know for the secret codes they use while developing, and they just sell them to few chosen

And also there is the M&K, which I consider cheating

The first hacks on old gen were pre jailbreak but updates made them useless , then arrived the cloned psn that made a back door to get around updates , that was eventualy discovered by sony and started locking the consoles that used it then arrived the jailbreak. Just because the current gen console hasn't been jailbroken ( that we know of yet) it does not mean a few have not found a way. Plus with the promise made by the groups that create the hacks that they would refund both the price of the hack and the cost of your ps plus if you get banned, they wouldn't make it public if they had cracked it because the people that use them don't even try to hide it and the hack creators would go broke. So they won't make it public till the next gen comes and current gen is no longer a priority for sony.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MurfCr wrote: »
    no cheats on consoles. PC will, if they don't already. M&K players are already on PS...basically cheats.

I am forced to play with Tac Hori at the moment, got a nerve damage on my thumb. My performance is exactly the same as DS4. No Hori, Xim, Chronus or Venom will ever match raw input of mouse on console, so stop crying, there are tons of skilled players with ds4 and they can easily destroy those with MnK. Never blame tools for your own incompetence.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you use m&k on console you are scum. End of argument. Closest thing to cheating you can get on ps4.

Cheating ? LoL. If you re on PS4 then its simple if and when my thumbs get better we can go head to head I d be using Ds4, and you can use mnk adaptor, we ll see who will come out on top.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    HuwJarz wrote: »

further Sony isn't deciding this by themselves but it's rather relevant what both Sony and a games developer say. ultimately if dice is not ok with it, it's not OK. they make the rules for their games...

I agree, but the argument that M&K is abhorrent loses some veracity when the hardware manufacturer sells one! More importantly, a DICE dev and mod posted IN THESE VERY forums that these devices are NOT considered cheating. Period. If I hear from the publisher of the game that that is ok, then that's good for me.

I use an M&K. I can barely pull a 1.2KD at the moment on BFV, despite being a pretty decent BF1 player. The way you play is way more important than what you use.
    Yes, MnK users can get owned by controller users because of the aim assist which helps controllers but hurts the mouse and being limited by the turn speed. Now there are people using adapters like cronusmax and titan two to run mods and scripts, these are definitely cheats.
    Post edited by DCSTomcat on
  • full951
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    it would be very easy for any game dev or console manufacturer to say mouse and keyboard on console is cheating. they have been asked to say it many many times for more than just a few years now.

let me ask you, have they ever said that?
    nope

has any console manufacturer or game dev banned for the use of mouse and keyboard EVER?
    nope

do game devs and console manufacturer ban for cheating?
    damn right they do
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    full951 wrote: »
    it would be very easy for any game dev or console manufacturer to say mouse and keyboard on console is cheating. they have been asked to say it many many times for more than just a few years now.

nope

has any console manufacturer or game dev banned for the use of mouse and keyboard EVER?
    nope

damn right they do
    Overwatch Devs did openly say keyboard and mouse on consoles is cheating and tried to get Sony and MS to ban those users but obviously the console makers refused.

Also Fortnite blocks your input if it detects a typical 8-directional digital behavior of a keyboard on the movement stick.
  • ElliotLH
    8208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

nope

nope

damn right they do

nope

nope

damn right they do

Exactly. You could even argue that Microsoft now actively support M&K on their console, because they do.
  • full951
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

nope

nope

damn right they do

nope

nope

damn right they do

Exactly. You could even argue that Microsoft now actively support M&K on their console, because they do.

IMHO they(Microsoft) never needed to but, they have in fact given a seal of approval by making a premium mouse and keyboard combo. (Sony did this year's ago) it's not even required but they know people will always be sketchy about it unless they make an "official" offering.
  • ElliotLH
    8208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

nope

nope

damn right they do

nope

nope

damn right they do

IMHO they(Microsoft) never needed to but, they have in fact given a seal of approval by making a premium mouse and keyboard combo. (Sony did this year's ago) it's not even required but they know people will always be sketchy about it unless they make an "official" offering.

For sure. They do seem to be going about it quite sensibly too and not rushing.
  • full951

nope

nope

damn right they do

nope

nope

damn right they do

For sure. They do seem to be going about it quite sensibly too and not rushing.

most definitely. opponents like to frame the situation as if their concerns are being ignored but nothing is further from the truth